“Great for a wedding!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oconomowoc
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great for a wedding!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Olympia Resort for one night because of his Nephew's wedding. Even though we didn't get to check in on time because they were cleaning our room, I would rather wait for a clean one! It is a very large resort and there were many other groups staying there for other weddings, conventions, a tournament and other reasons. It's been years since I have been to the Resort which in the past was for business purposes, but it looked very much the same. The wedding was very nice in one of the ballrooms and the staff was accommodating (especially the bartender who was exceptionally friendly and had a good sense of humor). All of the food before dinner, dinner and later in the evening was delicious. The breakfast buffet on Sunday in the restaurant was one of the best and again the staff was very nice and efficient. I would like to go again where I could stay in one of the renovated rooms and enjoy the spa, the pools and the grounds.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Little Chute, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed at the Olympia Resort over the 4th of July weekend, and while it wasn't the worst stay we've ever had, it certainly wasn't the best. A lot of the features of the property seemed very dated and in desperate need of updates. Our room was clean, but the carpet was a little worn, and our bathroom featured a stained/chipped bathtub and a toilet that took minutes to flush. The staff also wasn't as friendly as you'd expect a resort staff to be - we were treated like a major bother for asking the front desk for a couple extra towels, something any hotel wouldn't have any issue doing with a smile!

There is a lot to do on the property, including the outdoor pool and multiple bars/restaurants in the building which we loved. However, the place needs a lot of new carpeting, a significant paint job, updates to bathroom facilities, and some brighter light bulbs in the room bathrooms. We don't have plans to return to the area anytime soon, but if we did I think we'd stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

Tromso, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Ok Hotel, close to tube and easy access to city center. The breakfast was Nice. Clean rooms and good service. But a bit outside the citycenter of Valencia. No outside space and a few restaurants in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Verona, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I recently came here for a wedding and I have mixed feelings about my experience. When I initially made my reservation, the woman on the phone told me there was ONE room left and it was a suite. I wanted to stay at the same location as the reception ( so no one had to drive) so I said fine and booked it. When we got to the hotel, it looked very dated. I was expecting as much, after reading reviews on tripadvisor. Check in went smoothly enough, although you won't get an early check in, even if they tell you over the phone you can.

The hallways are disgusting. The carpet is filthy, there is garbage all over and the are very poorly lit. Our suite was on the 4th floor with all the "long time residents". It was a very far walk, but not unbearable. Once in our suite, we were appalled. While the bed seemed clean enough, nothing else was. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed, the tub was stained, and my husband found fingernails under the couch cushions. We called the front desk to clean and after two hours no one came, we decided to go and speak to someone in person. The boy was very apologetic and assured us we could get a different room, but it wouldn't be a suite. We said we never wanted a suite int he first place! We were put in a clean room on the 3rd floor ( I don't advise staying on the 4th) and the beds were comfortable.

This place is not in great shape, Everything is outdated and despite the various claims from management on here that renovations are in progress, I saw no evidence to back that up.All of the staff that I talked to were very friendly and accommodating, they are just severely short-staffed. I stayed for only a night, didn't shower here, and was in my room only to sleep. If you plan to be spending over two days, I'd stay elsewhere, but for a quick night and a deal, this is your place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Lonsdale, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We recently stayed here for a convention we attended in Milwaukee. We were very satisfied with this hotel. Yes it was older but our rooms were clean and very comfortable beds. The rates we paid were very reasonable. The restaurant had a really good fish fry (change the potatoes) on Friday night.. We would stay here again.

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This place could use a good cleaning & coat of paint. They are adding to the spa but the existing spa area & general common areas really need sprucing up. Everything is really dated & musty smelling. The carpet looks fairly new but that's about all that has been improved. Even the grounds are not well cared for with a lot of weeds.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our family had a wonderful stay at Olympia Resort! The staff was very friendly and helpful, willing to do anything to make our stay enjoyable. The rooms have been recently updated and had new flat screen TVs. They have a very nice spa, and exercise room and the kids enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools . They also have a very nice pool bar and grill, where the service was great and so were the bloody Mary's ! I really can't think of anything bad to say about Olympia resort! Fun bars, good food, great staff ( Trish and Jim) and friendly service! I would highly recommend this resort!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!