“Mediocre and still dated” 3 of 5 stars

Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1350 Royale Mile Road, Oconomowoc, WI 53066   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Oconomowoc
Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
“Mediocre and still dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Since I read that this resort had been updated I thought it would be better than it was. They have changed the bedding to be more modern but the carpet in the room was ripped and dirty. Bathrooms are still quite old too. Breakfast is good but on Monday there were only two waitresses on and the buffet was not great. We had to ask if we could order off the menu and then they brought it to us. The pools are great- the outdoor pool has music, nice atmosphere, drinks bars and lifeguards. I got a really good rate booking early so it was a good deal but I expected more from the rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear holidayexpert86,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your review. It is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to enhance our guest's experiences. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed spending time at the outdoor pool area! It is a great summertime activity here. I have directed your comments regarding the guest room challenges to our housekeeping and maintenance departments to ensure they are corrected at once. If you wish to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Sarnia, Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We are just finishing up our 4night stay at the Olympia Resort. What a disappointment! From the first night things were bad.

The room looks like kids painted it. Omg, a resort. Harley Davidson recommended it, they must not have been to the resort first.

We reported the disappointment with the manager the first night. They offered us a discount on the last night (because the rally ended Saturday) we continued our stay and on Friday morning we went to the buffet, what a mistake that was, the omlette person was so nasty, again we complained. The manager quickly took care of the situation. We were given comp breakfast and we won't return to the restaurant.

Please beware this is a 3star resort at best.

Room Tip: Look at the whole room before you chose to stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jamie48061,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your review. It is through the feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to provide thoughtful and meaningful stays for future guest. The challenges that you have mentioned have been directly to the correct personnel to ensure they are corrected. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at any time.

Guest Services Manager

Travelers are raving about these Oconomowoc hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Really needs some updating, and ahot tub outside. Dining staff very friendly. Room heating. Cooling system needs tobe fixed. Bigger bathrooms. Challenges with trying to charge things to the room.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mary S,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your review. I have noted your challenges to the correct personnel. Since your stay, we have upgraded our computer systems in order to make room charging an effortless experience, and our maintenance department has inspected each climate control unit to ensure perfect working condition for our guests. Should you find yourself traveling in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to reserve your next getaway experience!

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I are current 'guests' and couldn't be happier. This is a busy location during the last of summer with conventions, weddings and conventions. Our room amenities far exceed our expectations and the staff has been always been helpful. Yes, the do get very very busy but they are truthful in telling you if there is a wait or delay in correcting ANY issue. I would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jana R,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your review. It is an honor to have you as our guest, and we look forward to creating an unmatched experience day after day!
Milwaukee, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We recently stayed at Olympia for a wedding. The hotel definately needs updating. It just didn't feel clean and had a smokey smell. They also allow pets, and there was a dog barking for nearly an hour outside my room. Walls were so thin that I could hear the guy in the next room peeing. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara L, Front Office Manager at Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear HNYMOONER28,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay at Olympia Resort. It is through feedback of our valued guests that we are best able to improve our guest experiences. I would also like to sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory challenges you have encountered. Each day, our team strives to exceed each guests expectations, and it is with regret that we missed the mark during your most recent stay. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful . It has everything- my room was very nice, and I had a outside patio, that included 2 lounge chairs. My view was of their own lake, with a fountain in the middle, lots of trees, sand volley ball court, horseshoes, outside pool with cabana that served drinks and food Huge grass picnic area with tables and barbeques. The facility was was clean although a bit outdated . The weekend convention and wedding activity created a great atmosphere while still being relaxing .

Room Tip: Upper levels are quieter . A balcony really adds to the enjoyment .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Wayne W,

I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to review your most recent stay at Olympia Resort! It is always a pleasure to hear the feedback of our valued guests & their getaways. I am delighted to hear that you found the Resort atmosphere to be to your liking, and that you had plenty of activities to do while staying as our guest. If you wish to discuss your stay further, or if you find yourself traveling in the area again, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding another unmatched guest experience.

Guest Services manager
Madison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was there just this past week for a convention. I had no maid service for four days in the hotel. The hotel staff were rude and it took over 1/2 hours to straighten out questions with my hotel bill. Still not sure if the debits and credits on my charge card ended up double charging me for one or more nights. The Restaurant is woefully understaffed albeit once seated the service and food were good. Also the service in the lounge was good. Hotel also is not handicapped accessible for lower meeting rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear MadisonBobber,

I would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to review your most recent stay with us here at Olympia Resort. Also, I would like to apologize for the less than satisfactory services that you have mentioned. Each day, our team strives to exceed our guest's expectations, and it is with regret that we missed the mark during your stay. However, I am delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience at Rick's Cafe & Club Indigo, with the food and the service. Your comments have all been forwarded to the correct personnel to ensure that they are corrected. Please feel free to contact me at any time to discuss your hotel bill or your stay in general further.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Olympia Resort: Hotel, Spa & Conference Center? Share your experiences!