“Totally Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Ixonia
“Totally Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I went out to lunch today at the Branded Steer, and ordered the Friday Perch fish fry. The 2 pieces of perch were so small that their large french fries (a single french fry) were bigger than the pieces of fish - and they were thin and over cooked. I was really looking forward to eating out for lunch today (Friday), as it was the only day I went out to eat this week. The tiny fish was so bad that I didn't even eat the second piece. I will never be going back there (and neither will my 4 colleagues) as fish fry is a serious meal on Fridays in Wisconsin, and this was the worst I have ever had, by a long-shot, in my whole life (I am 56). They had better remove the fish fry from their menu, or not cheat the customers that order it, otherwise it will be very bad for their business. It is hard to believe that anyone in the restaurant business could be so stupid as to insult paying customers in this fashion. Vent over !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Huntington Beach, California
“Fair Price for Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ate a big lunch here with a group of seven. Our food was good all around. The price was very good and the service was fair.

Looks like a well worn but popular local hang out. They have a large bar, good sized eating area and decent looking crowd.

Visited May 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Perfect, excellent service, good food, low prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am impressed. I do not remember such a good service. The waitress was forthcoming, and attentive, yet not annoying. I am a tea drinker. First time ever after ordering specific tea i received the whole tray of different brands and without asking i was getting the next pot of hot water when my tea cap was getting low.
Besides green and bread was excellent - fresh and crunchy.
Steak and ribs were delicious. I left the restaurant stuffed - i could not leave the food unfinished - it was too good.
The whole bill was $30 including $5 tip.
Pleasant surprise.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
central Illinois
“Good but not great, prices good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food is okay but customer service is better than average. My steak was nothign to write home about. You won't be unhappy going there but it won't be a restaurant you rave about later either.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

When we walked in there was no one there to greet us. A couple of the people working there looked at us but then went about standing around.The server was very nice once we got to a table. I had fish and it was just ok, my girlfriend had steak stir fry and that was really good. Because of the service when we walked in I dont think we will go back.

Visited April 2013