“One of my Favorite Hotels in Milwaukee” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Airport / Oak Creek
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7141 South 13th St, Oak Creek, WI 53154   |
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Oak Creek
leepoffaith
“One of my Favorite Hotels in Milwaukee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This hotel is one of my favorite places to stay in Milwaukee. Between the great price and the good amenities I don't think you can beat it. My recent stay was 2 days over this past weekend, but I have stayed here several times in the past and all of my stays have been consistently good. Parking is never an issue and the rooms are good sized. Is this the newest most updated hotel? No, but they maintain all of the rooms extremely well and it's one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in. The desk area has several outlets readily available for laptops or phone chargers and the wifi connection is very strong in all of the rooms I've stayed in. The continental breakfast consists of waffles, several cereal choices, toast, bagels, oatmeal and hard boiled eggs. During my last stay I got this hotel for $38 off priceline's express deals section and for that price it's a steal. Also, the TV had a built in guide which I've never seen in any other hotel and it's a very nice feature when trying to figure out what to watch. I would estimate over 50% of the channels they offer are in HD which is also a nice extra perk.

I have a few areas that they could improve, but in my opinion they are very minor. First, I had the shower water temp turned all the way up. At this level is was nice and warm, but they might want to turn the water heater temperature up just slightly so you don't have to use such a high setting in the shower. Also, the bed is a little hard for my liking, but that is a personal preference and I sleep just fine on it. Lastly, they call themselves the La Quinta "Airport", but in my opinion it's a little far to be considered an airport hotel. I'd say it's about 5-10 minutes away from the airport.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. If you can get it for under $50 I really don't think you will find a better deal in Milwaukee.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I never stayed at a La Quinta before and watched the pricing and reviews using Trip Advisor. Pricing came down and good marks were on the web. I found this place exactly what I wanted. Food was OK compared to McDonalds but on the lower scale. Facility was very clean and staff was very pleasant. Location was great coming from a small farm community

Rhinelander
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was my first experience with a Stay & Park service and I was pleased with the considerate helpful staff instructing me how it worked. The Shuttle service to the airport was really helpful. The drivers offered instructions for orientation, both coming and going, and were reassuring to this first-time-visitor/driver to MIlwaukee airport from the small-town northwoods home I come from.

Birnamwood, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Excellent park n fly value. Close to airport and quick for both departure and return. Used others (this city and others) and this one was easy to get to and find off of freeway and staff was excellent.

Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Park, sleep, fly-very good value. The room we were in was older but very clean. Hotel staff were very helpful. The shuttle to and from the airport was timely and the drivers were friendly and courteous. I would stay here again and use the park, sleep, fly program. The area the hotel is in appeared to be safe.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Longmont, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We used this hotel when we flew into Milwaukee late on a Friday night. The hotel shuttle runs from 7:00 am thru 11:00 pm. We picked up a rental car the next morning and it worked well. When we return home on a 6:30 am flight, we will stay again and then drop the car off in the morning.
The shuttle service is good; just 10 minutes from the airport. We had a small fridge and microwave in the room. The breakfast is good. They had a bowl of cut fresh fruit, yoghurt, two cereals, waffles, muffins, bagels, hot chocolate, coffee and tea, milk, orange and apple juice and I am sure some other items. Applebee's is right next door. Ample parking. Very helpful and friendly staff. We will return. Very good value for our money although the hotel is aging, but clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge and microwave early if you want them. Get a room at the back to avoid any noise fro...