“German Festival stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“German Festival stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Our trip to the Milwaukee area was planned around the German Festival in Maier Park. We met family from St. Louis there for 3 days and were well pleased with the facilities, the delicious breakfast buffet and the lovely courtyard where we enjoyed our breakfasts. The rooms were large and comfortable. We chose this hotel because it was close to the Park n Ride where we caught the shuttle to the festival and because of the good reviews it had received. A very nice place and we'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you don't need a closed door for your bedroom, the studio suites that are open and have a swi...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Mitch C, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hi Jacquelyn M,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review! I am glad you enjoy our amenities and facility. I hope you enjoyed your time with your family and the German Festival. We hope to see you again!

Mitch Chapin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Hello. We just checked out of room 210. I loved this room because I travel with 2 young kids. And it gave me some sanity with the setup. The front desk were nice brume as fast Soso. The dinner great. Having a washer good my boss was in another room and her card got charged an extra 800 dolkars. For stains that I clearly saw when we checked the rooms to sew who would get which room. Our reservation was all screwed up. They kinda kicked us out which we sacked. We travel all the time first time in 6 years we had some a bad experience with the front desk. With reservation and being overly charged. I am amazed that is legal . Anyway my suggestion use cash also in think they are on the middle of being sold. The place smelled like Indian food most nights. But we got used to it. Other than that. The rooms are not the cleanest. I cleaned my own room when we checked in.they pretty much in need of a updo.

Room Tip: Get a corner room.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hi Krystinaking,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased you enjoyed the layout of your Suite. I do see that your original reservations were for 7/27/14-08/09/14 and no one checked in to the rooms on 07/27/14. We did not charge for these 3 no-show reservations but since no one came to check in on the scheduled arrival date the reservations were no longer held and the rooms were put back into our inventory to sell. I am glad we were able to accommodate you for the majority of the nights you needed and we were able to upgrade you to a corner suite at no additional cost.

As I stated earlier on your employers review, we have polices in place that any damages discovered are immediately reported to management. Both the housekeeper and housekeeping manager that cleaned and inspected the room prior to arrival both confirmed that the carpet was not stained prior to your arrival.

It is never our intention to charge guest additional fees. The carpet is unsalvageable and will need replacing due to the extensive large black stains.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Hello. Well if you know me you know I sleep in hotels over 275 nights a year. I get 3 to 5 rooms a night. When you sleep in hotels a lot you don't mind the frills . You want clean. I spotted this hotel last yeae. As we come through the area around during 4 times a year. I made my reservation in 2013. Got it at a good rate. Would have been cheaper to use my corporate lodging card. But I wanted the points. We got layer over a day before our arrival do I changed our reservation for next day. Well guess what. It Was not changed. Front desk said no problem. We will take care of you there Was a glitch in our system yesterday. He was more than accommodating to our needs. Well our rooms were for 12 days. He could only get us in for 10. Assured us something will open up. Well... it DID NOT! . OH WELL .. ok. So I must say he did give us one room in the corner that was PERFECT for my daughter and 2 kids. Thanks for that. The sofa bed are not comfortable at all. I have acrobats and they were in pain each day. But still they had breakfast.not amazing like Hampton Inn or holiday Inn express etc.. but the kids loved waffles . And they have dinner on wed nights. We had spaghetti the first time. Pizza the next. Which was cool. There are workers that stay there that should probably shower first before coming.and touching the food. Not the hotel fault.. anyway. The rooms really do need to be redone. They are very very worn. From the drapes to the carpet. I worked in hotels for years. So I may be harder than most. One room carpet had holes. But from wear and tear. Mine had all sorts of stains including some black marks. Which brings me to this long post.later that night after I checked oyt. I Checked My Account. It was I. The negative. Upon research it was from the hotel. They charged me.......... wait for it.. 800 ... for the black marks. Basically I should have reported them when I checked in. Listen I am in hotels alot. .I would worry myself sick if I reported every stain I see. There is a stain right now on the spread in this room I am in. I am going to report. So I am not charged. Do you know how tiresome thst is. Well I called manager mitch. Which I am sure from previous post about unauthorized charges to cards he will post here and say...OUR ROOMS ARE I SPEED BEFORE AND AFTER EACH PERSONS LEAVE. . AND THOSE MARKS were not there cause the housekeeper would have reported it.. well. It is her word against mine. I DID NOT MAKE THOSE MARKS. I DONT HAVE ANY INK PEN. I ALWAYS TEXT OR EMAIL. housekeeping came to my room 3 times. Why didn't she say something then? He said cause they were not there. BUT they were. They were there from the beginning . I noticed them when I checked each room I was given. Also there was a piece of trim that kept falling get off the bar area. I cut my foot in it 2 times. I didn't report that as well. I said to mitch. Why didn't housekeeping report tbis. Because I feel the last tenant should be charged . He said cause she didn't see it. Well why not? It fell off every day I was thete. And when she clean. If she cleans properly it would have fallen off. I cleaned the room upon check in. And it fell off. So I have contacted local TV and BBB and several lawyers in the area. Because now I am our of 800 and 5 overdrawn fees of 35 each .. AND HERE IS THE KICKER.HE HAS PLACED ME ON A SITUATION WHERE I DID NOT EVEN HAVE MONEY FOR FOOD OR HOTELS THE NEXT 2 DAYS. The local TV station has put us in rooms for next 2 days. So the kids won't be sleeping in the van. And they will feature my story. I never write reviews this long. What I can say is tbis..Pay cash!!! Anytime I stay in a place not American owned I normally pay cash. But I was not aware until my last few. Days. The staff are awesome. very very accommodating. Great customer service.

• Stayed August 2014
Hi Karen W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I do show that you had 3 rooms reserved for 7/27/14-08/09/14 and no one showed up to check-in to these rooms. We did not charge you for these 3 no-show reservations but since you did not show up on your arrival date your reservations were no longer held. I am glad we were able to accommodate you for most of the nights you needed and we were able to upgrade one of your rooms at no additional cost.

We have policies in place that any damages discovered are immediately reported to management. I spoke with the housekeeper and housekeeping manager who inspected and cleaned the room prior to your arrival and both were positive the carpet was not in this condition prior to your arrival.

It is not the hotels intentions to charge people additional fees for damages. If you had contacted us immediately after the black substance hit the carpet it may have been possible to extract it out with our carpet extractor. We are no longer able to rent this room due to the large extensive black stains in the carpet and now need to replace the carpeting.

Fergus Falls, Minnesota, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

In June, we attended a convention in Milwaukee and booked a 4 day/3 night stay at the Mainstay Suites in Oak Creek, just outside of Milwaukee. The hotel was fully booked, but our check-in was efficient and friendly. The hotel provided copies of directions to the Miller Park stadium for first time guests, as well as a book with names of restaurants in the vicinity. The hotel provides a free breakfast, although we usually ate in our own room.

The room had a full size refrigerator, a stove and microwave, as well as a small coffee pot. It was also equipped with dishes and utensils for four people. This was what I was looking for, as I brought food for our lunches, that needed preparing each day. It had a couch, coffee table, queen size bed and a room safe. Next to the bathroom was a small table and mirror, for toiletries or other storage. The bathroom was standard with a hair dryer and tub/shower combination.

Comments: I was impressed with how quiet the room was, given the hotel was at full capacity. We enjoyed the efficiency of the room as well as its cleanliness. The bed was comfortable and we always had hot water for our morning showers. The hotel was prepared for the full capacity, so the front desk usually had at least two people working. They were always friendly and quick to respond. Overall, the hotel is clean, friendly and efficient. The hotel is a good value and is priced about right. We enjoyed our stay and if we return to Milwaukee, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the end of the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi CabinLady2012,

We're glad you found your stay enjoyable. Thanks so much for the kind review! We hope you enjoyed your conference at Miller Park and hope to see you again for next year’s convention.

The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very caring and friendly staff. They really hired a wonderful lady named Annette.Bob was a very nice man, enjoyed talking to him. Our room was very nice. Kitchen was very handy,living room comfortable. Bedroom fine too. Breakfast every morning was very enjoyable, plenty to eat. We stayed a total of 19 days. The best thing was how quiet the rooms were. Never heard voices or noise in the room. You really get a lot for the price.All in all our stay was great. Will stay there again, when in the area.

Room Tip: I would say 3rd floor was the best, very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hi Carol A,

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a wonderful review! I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and our rooms comfortable and clean. We look forward to your next visit!

Muskego, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel goes out of its way for you. We were amazed at what you get for the price. Its totally kid friendly. We were in a crunch we sold are house, then trying to find a new house and staying one week at motel 6 that was a nightmare. We called and Rob helped us out and we got to leave that next morning at 7 am and check in at mainstay. Then with all the problems that came are way with are new house, they always worked around and made sure a room was available. So we will recommend this hotel to anyone, you get everything for your money. Dinner on Wednesday provided by them, and breakfast every morning. The room is like your studio apartment has everything. Thanks again to the staff Robert George Mitch Annette and The whole cleaning crew. We were blessed you guys saved us for 2 1/2 months.

Room Tip: We stayed in two of there rooms one had a full layout with everything like a studio apartment, ac...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mitch C, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hello J B,

Thanks so much for staying with us and leaving this kind review. We truly appreciate your thoughtful words.

We hope you are enjoying your new home! The staff and I would also like to thank you for being such amazing guest.

Best,

Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Spent two nights here while traveling for business. Room was nice. The sofa looked a little worn. Upon arrival the Front Desk staff were most helpful. Recommended restaurants in the area to eat. Having a nice big breakfast was great. I was able to find a table to sit at in the dining area. Property looked clean. Staff were overall friendly and were willing to help any way possible. I took advantage of using the WiFi in my room. Close to the airport was also a great perk. The only downside, but it happens almost everywhere you go, the doors sound like people are slamming them starting at 5:30 in the morning. You could also walk down the hall and here all the tv's that were on. Overall, it is a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mitch C, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello tkfuntrips,

Thank you so much for the kind words and great feedback. We greatly appreciate it! I'm glad you were able to utilize our Wi-Fi and enjoyed our breakfast. It is always a pleasure to hear you found our front desk staff helpful and accommodating. I will be sure to pass along all the feedback to my staff and let them know that you enjoyed your stay!

Mitch Chapin

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!