“Nice hotel for park and fly.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Oak Creek

You added Motel 6 Oak Creek to your Saves list
Motel 6 Oak Creek
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1201 West College Avenue, Oak Creek, WI 53221 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel for park and fly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Stayed at this hotel based on friends recommendations. Hotel stay was nice and parking availability for park and fly was very good. The rooms were clean and quiet. A charge was put on my room by mistake and the manager was very helpful in resolving the accidental charge to my room. Definitely will stay at again in the future.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
rdole07, General Manager at Motel 6 Oak Creek, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Thank you very much for your kind review. We hope you truly enjoyed your stay with us and that we can be of service to you again in the future. We hope your next visit with us will be just as pleasurable without the aforementioned billing error (again, our sincerest apologies about the mistake). We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I stayed here one night. I was quickly checked in and the room was as promised.

I was sceptical, as I have had some horrific experiences in every Days Inn in which I have stayed. As in the past, they were the only ones with room available. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The room was fresh and clean. No problems, no surprises.

I gave this hpotel a rating of all fives because of the price/quality ratio. Great room for the price.

J

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Whitewater, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I've used this location for Park & Fly package ($74) twice this year. Compared to driving in and using $13 surface lot - you can't beat the value with free breakfast and free shuttle and up to 7 days free parking. The front desk staff have been extremley helpful and the shuttle staff (sharing with another local hotel in the daytime and a Go Van after hours) are wonderful. The room is standard and I didn't have time to visit the pool. I recommend anyone with kids and an early flight to use the Park and Fly option. Full tummies and a non-rushed restful start a begins a vacation right!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
rdole07, Manager at Motel 6 Oak Creek, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
Thank you very much for your response and the kind words you had to say about us. We here at the hotel are pleased that we can continually offer you the services and amenities that make your travel easier and better. We hope that we can be of service to you again for your next vacation travel needs. Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your hospitality needs.
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for one night, and we both liked it very much. It was clean; although, there were a few stains on the carpet, but nothing too horrible. The bed was clean, no stains on the sheets/blankets. The bathroom was small, but they usually are in these type of hotels. There was a hair dryer and a coffee maker in the room. There was no microwave or fridge. The hotel offers free wireless internet, but you have to get the code from the front desk. This is the one thing that I personally did not like about the hotel, but it's really not that big of a deal. The hotel is very easy to find and get to. There is a Subway and a gas station across the street, and some other stores, etc. down the road. It was very easy to get into downtown MIlwaukee from the hotel, and it did not take too long. I would definitely stay here again. It is a great place for the price!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
rdole07, Manager at Motel 6 Oak Creek, responded to this review, April 30, 2010
Thank you very much for your response and we are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our pleasure to serve our guests and give you the service you want and deserve. I do apologize about the hotel having to put an access code on our wireless, but we have had instances in the past of people stealing our signal and disrupting our guests. I know it is a small inconvenience, but was one put in place to to better benefit our guests. We do look forward to seeing you again on your next visit into Milwaukee. Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your hospitality needs.
Pickle Lake, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I just spent a weekend in Milwaukee for IrishFest and ended up booking a room at the Days Inn through Hotwire. The hotel has recently been renovated and my room was clean, well-maintained and had a comfy bed. It's close to the airport (shuttle included), has a city bus stop right outside the door and it's only a 30-40 minute ride to downtown, less to the mall and generally a good option for budget-minded travellers. I paid $45 USD per night through Hotwire but the hotel's sign was advertising rooms "from" $49.95 so I'd say whatever way you slice it you get good value considering the location. I found the staff very helpful and would definitely stay again if the price doesn't jump too much.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
rdole07, Manager at Motel 6 Oak Creek, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Thank you for your response during your most recent stay with us. We are glad you found our hotel to be of such value to you during your stay in Milwaukee. We will do our best to continue offer the same great services and products at an affordable price for our guests. We would love to see you back again next year for IrishFest.
illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

I stayed at this hotel to attend summerfest, due to the sparse and not great reviews that I read on here, I attempted to go elsewhere, I am glad that didn't work. I had a great experience at this hotel and saved a ton of money. It's not fancy, but it's clean and everything works, including the staff who were very very helpful and patient, all while they were overloaded with summerfest crowds. Had to get off at an exit south and drive up about two miles since the exit is closed by the hotel, not hard to do. Checking in, some bikers and "rough" looking people, who we ran into later and they turned out to be the nicest people you could know and actually gave us a lot of great advice for getting around and on what to do. There is a community college that is a park and ride about 1/4 mile from hotel, you can walk there, the neighborhood is safe as can be even at night, but I don't recommend walking it because it's farther than it seems since you have to walk all the way through and across the campus to get to the bus lot on the far side.

The hotel is very simple, nothing fancy, no pool, minimal workout room but with newer machines. the room was clean, the beds were super comfortable, and despite being a summerfest party weekend, with self professed "all night party animals" across the hall, I never heard anything all night, probably because I slept like a lamb... I not only would, but WILL stay here again, the price was great, nothing at all wrong with it or the neighborhood. There are a few other newer hotels next door and across the street as well,and two 24 hour gas station mini marts across the street.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
rdole07, General Manager at Motel 6 Oak Creek, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Thank you for your response in regards to your stay with us. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to see you here this year for Summerfest, with a few minor changes since last year, and hopefully all for the better. Our I-94 exit ramp is back up and running (YAY!), and as such the corresponding Park 'n Ride is back in its original spot on College Ave, in much closer walking distance than the local technical college. We hope to see you again this year for the festivities.
tim_and_jackie
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

We did not have a very nice stay. The first night that we were in our room a huge centipede looking thing crawled across the ceiling not to mention we had to kill numerous ants and spiders before that. Then we fell asleep to the sound of people yelling and children running down the hall (mind you this was at 1 a.m.). The next morning we stopped at the continental breakfast and headed out to Six Flags, when we got back that night (around 11pm) our room key was not working, we went to the desk and they told us that we had a charge on our account. My husband is in the military and we used his military discount, well they decided to re-charge us for it. Nevertheless the girl told us that she would take care of it and reactivated our room key. While we were at the desk a police officer with a K-9 passed us and told the desk worker that they would be taking couple people to jail. (this kind of freaked me out because we are from a small town and this is not something that we are use to seeing) The next morning when we got up, we stopped at the continental breakfast and there were ants all over the floor on pieces of food that were there the morning prior. When we went to check out that charge was still on our account, we stood at the desk for 20 minutes then we were told that it was taken care of and we were free to go. Then when we got home I checked our credit card statement and they charged my credit card for the military discount!

• Liked — The staff was very friendly
  • Disliked — The bugs and other hold ups were quite a downfall.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Oak Creek? Share your experiences!