“Great Hotel with a Great Price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Hotel with a Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed for one night after a full day at the Irish Fest and everything was great! We didn't check in until about 10:00 pm and had no trouble. The room was very clean and much better than I expected. The beds were comfortable and the room was bigger than I expected. My only complaint is that I reserved two identical rooms at the same time and they were a floor apart and I expected them to be next together. Everything was great I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. I apologize that we missed the mark when it comes to room placement; we as a team have talked about ways to avoid separating families. Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Check in was a breeze. Lindsay, I believe was the front desk gal and very polite and professional with each encounter over our week's stay. High speed internet was fast in the room. Used the printer downstairs and front desk rep. was helpful to my husband getting us printed tickets off stubhub for a brewers game. Only hiccup of the trip was the ants in our room after the 3 night. Not a big deal. They offered to move us but it wasn't crawling on our bed or anything. I had them vacuum our room and we did laundry because our used clothes were on the floor with some ants. I guess they come up from the stairs area where all the trash cans are? When I stay there again in the future, I may just ask for a higher level and more in the middle of the building. Beds were comfortable. We liked the fact they had DVD player in room but ours had a weird color showing on the screen. We forgot to tell someone about that...room 206, if management is reading this review. Not a big deal for us, because we played DVD's on our laptop. Housekeeping staff very polite and courteous with every encounter too.

Tips: Remember this hotel has No pool, but as it turned out we were super busy so really didn't even miss it. Bring a fan if you can, helps with drowning out noise in hallways, etc. They have huge microwave and stove top- if driving, bring some things you can warm up easily to keep down dining out costs. They provide 2 dishwasher powders under sink, 1 small bottle of dish soap, dish towel, etc. Nice touch that they have some Tupperware type containers for you to use and water container in refrigerator. Ice maker functional too. Subway across the street on corner, Branded steer on other corner for dining options. Otherwise take a left on college and go up to 27th street--tons of dining options up that way in either direction. If you are staying for awhile, ask them to vacuum your room every couple days so you don't get any ants. We had a 5 year old, so it's easy to have crumbs all over the floor. Bring your own pillow too. Check out the cupboard for any essentials needed, I was surprised the prices were reasonable. You either pay with cash or they will charge your credit card--slip you fill out on the honor system. Also, if you are a light sleeper, I'd pick the 3rd floor. We had this guy above us for a few days that paced back and forth starting at 6:30am.

Room Tip: If traveling as a family, ask in advance for a one bedroom suite. Pick 3rd floor if a light sleeper...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Adam T, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for your review of our property! We are happy to hear about your stay. Also, Thank you for all the great suggestions and tips about the property, it will certainly be helpful to our future guests. I would like to apologize about the ants discovered in your room. This issue has been resolved; our engineer has installed better seals on all the doors. Our engineer has also fixed the TV also. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to providing excellent guest service in the future!
Calumet City, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Have you ever had ants crawling all over your hotel bed? I have, at the Candlewood Suites.
Have you ever had cookie/bread crumbs on the floor of a hotel hallway for a week, clearly visable to everyone who passes excluding hotel staff (I assume this is the case as the crumbs layed there for a week). I have, at the Candlewood Suites. Have you ever walked into a hotel room only to find that the room contains opened food items on the counter and in the fridge left there by prior guest? I have, at the Candlewood Suites. Have you ever had to request a different room due to a bad smell lingering in the room you were assigned. I have, at the Candlewood Suites.
As a direct billed guest who's employer has spent thousands of dollars over the last 14-15 months on my stay, one would assume that the Hotel's management and staff would make sure they would do everything possible to make my stay pleasant. That did'nt seem to be the case with Candlewood. The last straw was when they screwed up my bill, AGAIN!
I will never be going back to the Candlewood unless I absolutely have to......and I don't see that happening any time soon. By the way, if you do decide to go to the Candlewood Suites and can get the 3rd shift desk attendance to smile, congrats.......he does not seem to care.....sad.

Room Tip: Stay away from hotel alltogether!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Monica H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
We are very sorry to hear of the several disappointments you had as a frequent guest of ours! I can assure you we will be working to correct all areas of concern: housekeeping, friendly front desk service and billing accuracy through continued training and accountability of the staff. We do appreciate you staying with us and your feedback.
Road Warrior
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is my second stay and second review of this hotel. Work sends me to Milwaukee for about a week every year and my stay at the Candlewood last year went so well I decided to return. I'm happy to report this stay went equally as well if not BETTER.

The only real problem I had last year was that the road outside the hotel was under construction so it was really difficult to get in and out of the hotel parking lot as traffic was constantly backed up. Thankfully that road construction is complete and getting to and from the hotel is a breeze now. I wont go into all the other road construction projects going on around the Milwaukee area though, that's another story...lol. I think they need to give Milwaukee the motto "City of Endless Road Construction."

This time around again my room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel seemed like it was full to capacity yet I really never heard much noise or disturbance at all from the other guests. Everything in the room worked as it should,beds were comfortable, the employees were friendly, basically I experienced no problems at all. Well I wont say no problems, occasionally the wireless Internet could be a tad temperamental but for the most part it worked well and was reasonably quick.

Only facilities I used this time was the FREE onsite laundry room, the machines were clean and worked well, they were actually very fast, I think it only took an hour to wash and dry a large load of laundry...quick and painless...can't say the same for other Candlewoods I've stayed at.

Overall I had another great stay. Best part I stayed here a week using Priority Club points, this is currently a PointsBreak hotel (only 5K points per night) what a deal..!!!! 35k Points for a weeks stay is an absolute steal.

Be back again next year...!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Monica H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
We are glad that returned to our property again this year and found that the road construction was less daunting now that it's completed!

We are always happy to hear you made good use of the free on-site laundry facilities and we are working to improve the internet service. Actually, fiber was just brought into the building to help with the speed and consistency.

Thanks for being a Priority Club Member and choosing the Candlewood Suites - Milwaukee Airport!
Janesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just stayed one night before our flight the next morning. Was a very nice, quiet place & loved the kitchen area complete with microwave popcorn (nice touch!).
Bed was comfy.
Great room for a great price.
Definately will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
We are glad you enjoyed the spacious room, complete with popcorn, and will be returning. Look forward to seeing you in the future!
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip a couple weeks ago. I was very disapointed by this proporty.
It is quite ovbious the guest is not imporatant here. When I cam in to check in, the clerk was hiding behind a desk eating food. I waited ten minutes before she came out to check me in. Very unprofessional attitude and uncaring. The room was very average and seemed to have not been dusted in weeks. The bed had a tear in it and the sheets were stained as well. I called sown to the front desk and no one answered. The next day I came back to the room and it was not cleaned. Just one problem after another. Don't waste your time or keep your expectations low.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
pkarbeah, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee-Airport. I am sorry you did not have a good experience at our property; thank you for bringing these problems to my attention. I can assure you that they have all been taken care off.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights over the holiday weekend. It was difficult to get in and out due to major construction. Once we got into the lobby there was no one there to great us or check us in. After saying hello foe five minutes, a clerk finally showed up and got us set up. The room was ok but very dusty and the kitxhen had a bad odor to it like fish. This proporty has long tern tennants and it has a kitchen. We thought by staying here we woukl save money and cook ourselves. The stuff they give you for cooking was al beat up and usless. Just a horrible experence and would never stay at a Candlewood again.

Room Tip: Bad Bad Bad
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
pkarbeah, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent exprience at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee-Airport. I am sorry that you had a bad experience at our property, and I appreciate you bringing these problems to my attention. I will make sure that they are taken care of and hope that you can give us another chance in the future.

Thanks

Been to Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek? Share your experiences!