Check in was a breeze. Lindsay, I believe was the front desk gal and very polite and professional with each encounter over our week's stay. High speed internet was fast in the room. Used the printer downstairs and front desk rep. was helpful to my husband getting us printed tickets off stubhub for a brewers game. Only hiccup of the trip was the ants in our room after the 3 night. Not a big deal. They offered to move us but it wasn't crawling on our bed or anything. I had them vacuum our room and we did laundry because our used clothes were on the floor with some ants. I guess they come up from the stairs area where all the trash cans are? When I stay there again in the future, I may just ask for a higher level and more in the middle of the building. Beds were comfortable. We liked the fact they had DVD player in room but ours had a weird color showing on the screen. We forgot to tell someone about that...room 206, if management is reading this review. Not a big deal for us, because we played DVD's on our laptop. Housekeeping staff very polite and courteous with every encounter too.
Tips: Remember this hotel has No pool, but as it turned out we were super busy so really didn't even miss it. Bring a fan if you can, helps with drowning out noise in hallways, etc. They have huge microwave and stove top- if driving, bring some things you can warm up easily to keep down dining out costs. They provide 2 dishwasher powders under sink, 1 small bottle of dish soap, dish towel, etc. Nice touch that they have some Tupperware type containers for you to use and water container in refrigerator. Ice maker functional too. Subway across the street on corner, Branded steer on other corner for dining options. Otherwise take a left on college and go up to 27th street--tons of dining options up that way in either direction. If you are staying for awhile, ask them to vacuum your room every couple days so you don't get any ants. We had a 5 year old, so it's easy to have crumbs all over the floor. Bring your own pillow too. Check out the cupboard for any essentials needed, I was surprised the prices were reasonable. You either pay with cash or they will charge your credit card--slip you fill out on the honor system. Also, if you are a light sleeper, I'd pick the 3rd floor. We had this guy above us for a few days that paced back and forth starting at 6:30am.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek Hotel Oak Creek
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended-stay travelers, we know what you need. Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport is designed from the ground up just for you! At Candlewood Suites, we understand that extended-stay travelers play by different rules and need a hotel that understands your unique needs. Just minutes away from Milwaukee General Mitchell Airport MKE and the Oak Creek Power Plant, Candlewood Suites gives you the amenities that make you feel at home. Fully equipped suites, room to spread out, space to work and a place to relax. Plus there's great shopping, dining, and exciting entertainment at Southridge Mall and Potawotomi Bingo and Casino, both just a short drive away. Whether you are coming to Milwaukee for business or fun, your room at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport is your personal retreat. When it is time to get connected we know what you need, free high-speed Internet and free long distance, premium cable and HBO. And when you need to burn some energy, the fully equipped fitness center will help melt the stress away. When you come to Milwaukee, Wisconsin we know exactly what you need, Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport is your best stay for a week, month or even a year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.