“Another great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Road Warrior
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is my second stay and second review of this hotel. Work sends me to Milwaukee for about a week every year and my stay at the Candlewood last year went so well I decided to return. I'm happy to report this stay went equally as well if not BETTER.

The only real problem I had last year was that the road outside the hotel was under construction so it was really difficult to get in and out of the hotel parking lot as traffic was constantly backed up. Thankfully that road construction is complete and getting to and from the hotel is a breeze now. I wont go into all the other road construction projects going on around the Milwaukee area though, that's another story...lol. I think they need to give Milwaukee the motto "City of Endless Road Construction."

This time around again my room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel seemed like it was full to capacity yet I really never heard much noise or disturbance at all from the other guests. Everything in the room worked as it should,beds were comfortable, the employees were friendly, basically I experienced no problems at all. Well I wont say no problems, occasionally the wireless Internet could be a tad temperamental but for the most part it worked well and was reasonably quick.

Only facilities I used this time was the FREE onsite laundry room, the machines were clean and worked well, they were actually very fast, I think it only took an hour to wash and dry a large load of laundry...quick and painless...can't say the same for other Candlewoods I've stayed at.

Overall I had another great stay. Best part I stayed here a week using Priority Club points, this is currently a PointsBreak hotel (only 5K points per night) what a deal..!!!! 35k Points for a weeks stay is an absolute steal.

Be back again next year...!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Monica H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
We are glad that returned to our property again this year and found that the road construction was less daunting now that it's completed!

We are always happy to hear you made good use of the free on-site laundry facilities and we are working to improve the internet service. Actually, fiber was just brought into the building to help with the speed and consistency.

Thanks for being a Priority Club Member and choosing the Candlewood Suites - Milwaukee Airport!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Janesville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Just stayed one night before our flight the next morning. Was a very nice, quiet place & loved the kitchen area complete with microwave popcorn (nice touch!).
Bed was comfy.
Great room for a great price.
Definately will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
We are glad you enjoyed the spacious room, complete with popcorn, and will be returning. Look forward to seeing you in the future!
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed here on a business trip a couple weeks ago. I was very disapointed by this proporty.
It is quite ovbious the guest is not imporatant here. When I cam in to check in, the clerk was hiding behind a desk eating food. I waited ten minutes before she came out to check me in. Very unprofessional attitude and uncaring. The room was very average and seemed to have not been dusted in weeks. The bed had a tear in it and the sheets were stained as well. I called sown to the front desk and no one answered. The next day I came back to the room and it was not cleaned. Just one problem after another. Don't waste your time or keep your expectations low.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
pkarbeah, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee-Airport. I am sorry you did not have a good experience at our property; thank you for bringing these problems to my attention. I can assure you that they have all been taken care off.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for two nights over the holiday weekend. It was difficult to get in and out due to major construction. Once we got into the lobby there was no one there to great us or check us in. After saying hello foe five minutes, a clerk finally showed up and got us set up. The room was ok but very dusty and the kitxhen had a bad odor to it like fish. This proporty has long tern tennants and it has a kitchen. We thought by staying here we woukl save money and cook ourselves. The stuff they give you for cooking was al beat up and usless. Just a horrible experence and would never stay at a Candlewood again.

Room Tip: Bad Bad Bad
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
pkarbeah, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent exprience at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee-Airport. I am sorry that you had a bad experience at our property, and I appreciate you bringing these problems to my attention. I will make sure that they are taken care of and hope that you can give us another chance in the future.

Thanks
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

My family and I were traveling across the country on a vacation. On our way out West we decided to book this hotel for it's reasonable rate. Well..... you get what you pay for. It wasn't a very nice place. The room was extremly dusty and had a bad odor. The staff was not very friendly. It was a dissappointment to say the least. Would not stay at a Candlewood again nor would I reccomend this one.

Room Tip: Keep on driving by
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
pkarbeah, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about you recent experience at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport, This type of condition and experience is not typical of our hotel, we take pride in keeping our hotel clean and we go above and beyound to make everyone's stay enjoyable. I apologize for you and your families experience and hope you can give us another chance to prove that we are a great hotel. I would love to here from you directly if possible.

Thanks for you time
Paige Karbeah
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect but this hotel is surprisingly good. Don't expect 4 star quality furnishings/decor but the price is right, rooms are clean and reasonably quiet, beds are very comfortable, flat screens with cable, adequate space, soft towels, and a decent place to stay for a few nights. Friendly, helpful staff. Rooms have kitchen area with full size frig, stove, microwave, dishwasher, disposal and an adequate amount of dishes and utensils. Very convenient for anyone wishing to fix a microwave or cold meal or two in the room. No dining facilities but not far to drive to something. No daily maid service; you don't get your bed made every day but not a problem for most people. Has exercise room, plenty of lighted parking. Didn't see a pool. TV reception on some channels a little poor; noise from heat/AC unit in room might be a litte annoying going on and off to maintain temp but not a serious problem.

Room Tip: Long walk from elevator to far end rooms. Ask for something in middle of bldg. Some rooms might al...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write about you recent stay at our hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and that you were pleased with the quality of our property. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Thanks again
Road Warrior
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

I stayed in quite a few older style Candlewoods so I decided to try this hotel out as it's the newer design to see what was different. Surprisingly not a lot, not that it is a bad thing just that the rooms are actually very similar to the older, remodeled ones. They may be very slightly larger and obviously everything is newer in the room but other then that I didn't see a whole lot of difference beyond a few cosmetic things.

Overall this was a great hotel, as I said before this is a new property, can't be more then a year or two old. I really had no problems at all, my room was clean, comfortable and quiet, never heard a peep from any other guests so I guess the soundproofing is very good.

Had all the typical Candlewood goodies, free laundry, wireless and wired Internet, Candlewood Cupboard , etc. The staff were all friendly, really I have no complaints. Well, OK, I guess if I had any complaints it would be that the road the hotel is on in under major reconstruction so it is a real pain in the butt to get to and leave the property. The traffic on that street backs up horribly so if you want to leave the hotel you pretty much need to hope for a friendly driver to let you out, otherwise you'll be stuck there for ages.

It's also very easy to miss the entrance to the hotel if your not paying attention as the street is all torn up and there is just a little dirt road to turn on so keep your eyes open as you won't want to miss it and get stuck in more traffic coming back.

Beyond that though this was a great hotel and I will stay there again when I come back to town.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
pkarbeah, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee- Airport. I am happy to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. I'm pleased to inform you that the construction will be over soon, and hope to see you next time.

Paige Karbeah, General Manager

Been to Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek? Share your experiences!