I stayed in quite a few older style Candlewoods so I decided to try this hotel out as it's the newer design to see what was different. Surprisingly not a lot, not that it is a bad thing just that the rooms are actually very similar to the older, remodeled ones. They may be very slightly larger and obviously everything is newer in the room but other then that I didn't see a whole lot of difference beyond a few cosmetic things.
Overall this was a great hotel, as I said before this is a new property, can't be more then a year or two old. I really had no problems at all, my room was clean, comfortable and quiet, never heard a peep from any other guests so I guess the soundproofing is very good.
Had all the typical Candlewood goodies, free laundry, wireless and wired Internet, Candlewood Cupboard , etc. The staff were all friendly, really I have no complaints. Well, OK, I guess if I had any complaints it would be that the road the hotel is on in under major reconstruction so it is a real pain in the butt to get to and leave the property. The traffic on that street backs up horribly so if you want to leave the hotel you pretty much need to hope for a friendly driver to let you out, otherwise you'll be stuck there for ages.
It's also very easy to miss the entrance to the hotel if your not paying attention as the street is all torn up and there is just a little dirt road to turn on so keep your eyes open as you won't want to miss it and get stuck in more traffic coming back.
Beyond that though this was a great hotel and I will stay there again when I come back to town.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek Hotel
- Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek Hotel Oak Creek
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extended-stay travelers, we know what you need. Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport is designed from the ground up just for you! At Candlewood Suites, we understand that extended-stay travelers play by different rules and need a hotel that understands your unique needs. Just minutes away from Milwaukee General Mitchell Airport MKE and the Oak Creek Power Plant, Candlewood Suites gives you the amenities that make you feel at home. Fully equipped suites, room to spread out, space to work and a place to relax. Plus there's great shopping, dining, and exciting entertainment at Southridge Mall and Potawotomi Bingo and Casino, both just a short drive away. Whether you are coming to Milwaukee for business or fun, your room at the Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport is your personal retreat. When it is time to get connected we know what you need, free high-speed Internet and free long distance, premium cable and HBO. And when you need to burn some energy, the fully equipped fitness center will help melt the stress away. When you come to Milwaukee, Wisconsin we know exactly what you need, Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport is your best stay for a week, month or even a year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Candlewood Suites Milwaukee Airport-Oak Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.