“One of my favorite Red Roofs” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6360 South 13th Street, Exit-319, Oak Creek, WI 53154   |
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Milan
“One of my favorite Red Roofs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Whenever I am in the area, this is the motel I choose. It is pet-friendly with ample area to exercise dogs. It is generally very clean and very quiet. There are restaurants nearby. Staff is always exceptionally friendly. Room was very clean. I couldn't get the TV to work and the manager came up and fixed the problem immediately. It was and always is a very good stay and I will return when I am in the area next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
RRI031, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Amy P. Thank you for sharing your experience. It's wonderful to hear that you continue to have an enjoyable stay at this Red Roof Inn. And you're right, we have an amazing staff here! We pride ourselves on providing a clean, quiet, and comfortable stay at an affordable price. And it sounds as though we have succeeded, yet again!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
~ John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room and grounds around the area were clean and quiet. The hotel employees were courteous and professional. It is also a well lit, safe area with a lot of businesses nearby to eat and shop. CLOSE TO THE HIGHWAY i94

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, vmobe, for your wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that the convenience of the area shops, restaraunts, and movie theatres appealed to your needs. And it couldn't be easier to exit from I-94 onto College Ave where the hotel is located. Much like yourself, these are similar things I look for when selecting lodging while traveling. And if you haven't had a chance during your previous stays, be sure to check out all of the exciting things going on in downtown Milwaukee. I-94 takes you right into the heart of the city!
Have a great day. We'll see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was searching for a hotel in the Milwaukee area as I wanted to go for a quick overnight trip to get to the State Fair and to check out some other places. After searching high and low, I found a decent rate (where I would not know about the hotel til after I paid for it) that got respectable ratings so I grabbed it. When I found out it was a Red Roof Inn, I was happy yet a bit cautious as I've had both good and bad experiences at this hotel chain.

Needless to say I was very happy with my stay. I was greeted at the Front Desk by two clerks, both who smiled and asked how I was doing. Once I got my room (I got a room with 2 beds in it in the back building) I found the room to be very clean and the beds to be comfortable and there was plenty of room to manipulate. Also I didn't find the bathroom to be confining as I was able to shut the door when needed.

This hotel is also pet friendly. I noticed several dog owners walking their pets outside while I was there (dog show in town, perhaps).

My only (minor) complaint was the fact they only served coffee in the morning. Otherwise this was a great place to stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
petrohd. Thank you for your great comments about our location. We pride ourselves on maintaining this hotel as if it were "employee owned", and it shows. Many of the staff have been employed with us for many, many years, and continue to provide exceptional service each and every day. I'm also happy to hear that we could be a part of your Wisconsin State Fair experience this year.
Have a great day. See you soon!
Rock Island, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had the best service from the front desk manager, Burt - he was helpful and courteous, and he really made us feel welcome. The room he found for us was clean as a whistle and comfortable. I can't say enough good things about the experience!

I only wish more people in the hotel industry treated guests the way Burt did - he really made it seem like it was important to him that my wife and I were taken care of and comfortable. A big "thank you" to Burt and the folks at the Oak Creek Red Roof Inn! We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, martinipen, for your kind words about our staff. It might surprise you to know that this is Bert's first hotel position, and that he has only been on our team for about three months. From his first day he has shown passion for treating each guest as if they were the only people on property. If you had the pleasure of meeting the rest of our team, you most likely experienced this with them, as well. We take pride in taking care of each guest how we would like to be taken care of. It sounds simple, I know; but it makes all the difference!
We'll see you and yours again soon!
Chassell, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My Hotel Host was VERY helpful and polite. Directions to my room were very clear and he made sure I would be able to avoid local road constructrion so I could get to my event in a timely fashion. This Red Roof has always been one of my favorites! I love that the rooms are NON smoking! Pleasant smelling and clean as always!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Glenna S. Thank you for your words of appreciation. It truly is the little things that impact our experiences on a daily basis, and it sounds as though you were met with a friendly smile, provided with accurate directions, and received a comfortable room at an affordable price. And it sounds like these little things added up to a very enjoyable experience at our hotel. Wonderful!!
Have a great day, and we'll see you soon.
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had to find a cheap hotel because of a family funeral. This place was indeed cheap. The best thing I can say is that Danny at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I knew from reviews that there were no amenities (including no hair dryer, even though the hotel website says there is one). I knew that the hotel often has "sketchy" people from previous reviews, but three little barking dogs next door was a bit much. I knew the bathrooms were tiny, but I didn't realize how tiny until I saw the plug cut out of the door to allow it to close around the toilet.

The REAL problem is that this place is DIRTY. All four of us got black feet bottoms because the carpet is just FILTHY. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LauraHume. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not the same as many of the other reviews on TripAdvisor. Upon reading your review shortly after it posted, I went into each room with our Maintenance technician to inspect and clean the carpeting. As mentioned in another review, the convenience of the external entrance requires additional care with the carpeting. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. Thank you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

After seeing all of the positive reviews for this hotel, I decided to stay here last week during a 1-day trip to Milwaukee.

Many people recommended upgrading to the superior king room, which I did online prior to my stay. It was only a few dollars more and gave me a fridge, which definitely came in handy.

There is also a desk and a microwave.

The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows, two very important things for me.

It was incredibly hot that day, so fortunately, the air conditioning was already on. I cranked it up as cold as it would go and went to dinner and returned to a very cool room. I was very pleased to discover the A/C was the kind that stayed on all the time and didn't cool down and shut off.

The room was very quiet, and I slept great.

I would definitely stay here on another trip to Milwaukee or on the way to Chicago.

Well done!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a superior king room.