“a Budget Hotel that exceeded my expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6360 South 13th Street, Exit-319, Oak Creek, WI 53154   |
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Oak Creek
Chicago, Illinois
“a Budget Hotel that exceeded my expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was searching for a hotel in the Milwaukee area as I wanted to go for a quick overnight trip to get to the State Fair and to check out some other places. After searching high and low, I found a decent rate (where I would not know about the hotel til after I paid for it) that got respectable ratings so I grabbed it. When I found out it was a Red Roof Inn, I was happy yet a bit cautious as I've had both good and bad experiences at this hotel chain.

Needless to say I was very happy with my stay. I was greeted at the Front Desk by two clerks, both who smiled and asked how I was doing. Once I got my room (I got a room with 2 beds in it in the back building) I found the room to be very clean and the beds to be comfortable and there was plenty of room to manipulate. Also I didn't find the bathroom to be confining as I was able to shut the door when needed.

This hotel is also pet friendly. I noticed several dog owners walking their pets outside while I was there (dog show in town, perhaps).

My only (minor) complaint was the fact they only served coffee in the morning. Otherwise this was a great place to stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
RRI031, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
petrohd. Thank you for your great comments about our location. We pride ourselves on maintaining this hotel as if it were "employee owned", and it shows. Many of the staff have been employed with us for many, many years, and continue to provide exceptional service each and every day. I'm also happy to hear that we could be a part of your Wisconsin State Fair experience this year.
Have a great day. See you soon!

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rock Island, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had the best service from the front desk manager, Burt - he was helpful and courteous, and he really made us feel welcome. The room he found for us was clean as a whistle and comfortable. I can't say enough good things about the experience!

I only wish more people in the hotel industry treated guests the way Burt did - he really made it seem like it was important to him that my wife and I were taken care of and comfortable. A big "thank you" to Burt and the folks at the Oak Creek Red Roof Inn! We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you, martinipen, for your kind words about our staff. It might surprise you to know that this is Bert's first hotel position, and that he has only been on our team for about three months. From his first day he has shown passion for treating each guest as if they were the only people on property. If you had the pleasure of meeting the rest of our team, you most likely experienced this with them, as well. We take pride in taking care of each guest how we would like to be taken care of. It sounds simple, I know; but it makes all the difference!
We'll see you and yours again soon!
Chassell, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My Hotel Host was VERY helpful and polite. Directions to my room were very clear and he made sure I would be able to avoid local road constructrion so I could get to my event in a timely fashion. This Red Roof has always been one of my favorites! I love that the rooms are NON smoking! Pleasant smelling and clean as always!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Glenna S. Thank you for your words of appreciation. It truly is the little things that impact our experiences on a daily basis, and it sounds as though you were met with a friendly smile, provided with accurate directions, and received a comfortable room at an affordable price. And it sounds like these little things added up to a very enjoyable experience at our hotel. Wonderful!!
Have a great day, and we'll see you soon.
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had to find a cheap hotel because of a family funeral. This place was indeed cheap. The best thing I can say is that Danny at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I knew from reviews that there were no amenities (including no hair dryer, even though the hotel website says there is one). I knew that the hotel often has "sketchy" people from previous reviews, but three little barking dogs next door was a bit much. I knew the bathrooms were tiny, but I didn't realize how tiny until I saw the plug cut out of the door to allow it to close around the toilet.

The REAL problem is that this place is DIRTY. All four of us got black feet bottoms because the carpet is just FILTHY. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
LauraHume. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not the same as many of the other reviews on TripAdvisor. Upon reading your review shortly after it posted, I went into each room with our Maintenance technician to inspect and clean the carpeting. As mentioned in another review, the convenience of the external entrance requires additional care with the carpeting. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. Thank you.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

After seeing all of the positive reviews for this hotel, I decided to stay here last week during a 1-day trip to Milwaukee.

Many people recommended upgrading to the superior king room, which I did online prior to my stay. It was only a few dollars more and gave me a fridge, which definitely came in handy.

There is also a desk and a microwave.

The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows, two very important things for me.

It was incredibly hot that day, so fortunately, the air conditioning was already on. I cranked it up as cold as it would go and went to dinner and returned to a very cool room. I was very pleased to discover the A/C was the kind that stayed on all the time and didn't cool down and shut off.

The room was very quiet, and I slept great.

I would definitely stay here on another trip to Milwaukee or on the way to Chicago.

Well done!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a superior king room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
BritishMusicFan. Wow! What a fantastic way to sum up a wonderful hotel experience. I have my staff read the TripAdvisor reviews to provide them with real feedback, and yours stands out with many of them on why we try so hard each and every day to make a positive impact on our guests. And even though every guest is different, our needs are basically the same: clean, quiet, and comfortable at an affordable price... and a great air conditioner!
We look forward to seeing you during your next trip East. Take care!
Oak Lawn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Red Roof Inn, I'm not sure what I was expecting but for the money it was ok. My only complaint was my room was not cleaned even though I left the card on the bed as discribed on their card for full service. I should have read their amenities better. Good thing I brought my hair dryer & conditioner as these were not provided in the room. Shampoo yes, conditioner no. Don't forget, you are close to the airport when staying here & will be able to hear the planes at night. I made sure to walk more while at Summerfest so I could sleep through sound of the planes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chi-Town2012. Thank you for giving the Red Roof Inn brand an opportunity to serve you. In our efforts to keep our prices low and our product quality high, we find ourselves without some added ammenities such as in room hair dryers, conditioner, etc. However, we have listened to our guests and are currently in the process of getting these types of items added to our guest rooms nationwide.
Keep us in mind during your future travel plans, as some locations have already started with the upgrades.
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I am rating this hotel "Very Good" based on the value I received for the cost I paid. This is a budget hotel. When you go here remember that. For the class of hotel this is it is a very nice hotel. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. I only needed this for a one night stay for an early departure from the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
momtoo2. Thank you for adding our Red Roof Inn location to your vast review history. We definitely pride ourselves on providing the most clean and comfortable stay possible at the most affordable price. As I mentioned to a guest just this morning, we haven't lost sight of what's important to our guests. Not every stay requires an olympic size swimming pool for an extra $100 a night. And we will continue to focus our efforts on providing the quality comforts that our guests have come to enjoy.
Have a great day. And we'll see you again soon.
~ John

Been to Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!