“This was ... interesting....” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6360 South 13th Street, Exit-319, Oak Creek, WI 53154   |
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Oak Creek
Dayton, Ohio
“This was ... interesting....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had to find a cheap hotel because of a family funeral. This place was indeed cheap. The best thing I can say is that Danny at the front desk was very nice and helpful. I knew from reviews that there were no amenities (including no hair dryer, even though the hotel website says there is one). I knew that the hotel often has "sketchy" people from previous reviews, but three little barking dogs next door was a bit much. I knew the bathrooms were tiny, but I didn't realize how tiny until I saw the plug cut out of the door to allow it to close around the toilet.

The REAL problem is that this place is DIRTY. All four of us got black feet bottoms because the carpet is just FILTHY. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RRI031, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
LauraHume. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not the same as many of the other reviews on TripAdvisor. Upon reading your review shortly after it posted, I went into each room with our Maintenance technician to inspect and clean the carpeting. As mentioned in another review, the convenience of the external entrance requires additional care with the carpeting. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this concern to our attention. Thank you.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

After seeing all of the positive reviews for this hotel, I decided to stay here last week during a 1-day trip to Milwaukee.

Many people recommended upgrading to the superior king room, which I did online prior to my stay. It was only a few dollars more and gave me a fridge, which definitely came in handy.

There is also a desk and a microwave.

The bed was very comfortable, as were the pillows, two very important things for me.

It was incredibly hot that day, so fortunately, the air conditioning was already on. I cranked it up as cold as it would go and went to dinner and returned to a very cool room. I was very pleased to discover the A/C was the kind that stayed on all the time and didn't cool down and shut off.

The room was very quiet, and I slept great.

I would definitely stay here on another trip to Milwaukee or on the way to Chicago.

Well done!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money for a superior king room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
BritishMusicFan. Wow! What a fantastic way to sum up a wonderful hotel experience. I have my staff read the TripAdvisor reviews to provide them with real feedback, and yours stands out with many of them on why we try so hard each and every day to make a positive impact on our guests. And even though every guest is different, our needs are basically the same: clean, quiet, and comfortable at an affordable price... and a great air conditioner!
We look forward to seeing you during your next trip East. Take care!
Oak Lawn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my first time staying at a Red Roof Inn, I'm not sure what I was expecting but for the money it was ok. My only complaint was my room was not cleaned even though I left the card on the bed as discribed on their card for full service. I should have read their amenities better. Good thing I brought my hair dryer & conditioner as these were not provided in the room. Shampoo yes, conditioner no. Don't forget, you are close to the airport when staying here & will be able to hear the planes at night. I made sure to walk more while at Summerfest so I could sleep through sound of the planes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Chi-Town2012. Thank you for giving the Red Roof Inn brand an opportunity to serve you. In our efforts to keep our prices low and our product quality high, we find ourselves without some added ammenities such as in room hair dryers, conditioner, etc. However, we have listened to our guests and are currently in the process of getting these types of items added to our guest rooms nationwide.
Keep us in mind during your future travel plans, as some locations have already started with the upgrades.
Springfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I am rating this hotel "Very Good" based on the value I received for the cost I paid. This is a budget hotel. When you go here remember that. For the class of hotel this is it is a very nice hotel. It was clean and the staff was very friendly. I only needed this for a one night stay for an early departure from the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
momtoo2. Thank you for adding our Red Roof Inn location to your vast review history. We definitely pride ourselves on providing the most clean and comfortable stay possible at the most affordable price. As I mentioned to a guest just this morning, we haven't lost sight of what's important to our guests. Not every stay requires an olympic size swimming pool for an extra $100 a night. And we will continue to focus our efforts on providing the quality comforts that our guests have come to enjoy.
Have a great day. And we'll see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed at the red roof for summer fest. The front desk staff Bert did an exceptional job making sure my stay was very comfortable! I highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Milwaukee area. Other staff members Christa and manager John made me feel at home.

Thanks again guys!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you, akingced. I'm happy to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations at our hotel. Christa, Bert, and I, along with the rest of the team - Front Desk, Housekeeping, and Maintenance - all take pride in providing outstanding one-on-one customer service. I've presented my expectations to the team in a way that allows them to make the right decision in the moment, rather than waiting for approval. This empowerment allows them the opportunity to engage and interact with each guest comfortably and genuinely, and promotes an inviting hotel guest experience.
Thank you so much, and we'll see you soon!
WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I prepaid my hotel on a different website ensuring I could check in at anytime. Upon checking in. At 8:30pm, I was told that if I had been any later my room would have been sold and there was no refund. What type of policy is that? The clerk stated walk in consumers need a room too. I asked for the GM's name and will ask him to explain the policy. As far as the room goes, it was remodeled but the paint job was very poorly done with streaks of different paint, and a dirty ceiling. I also dound a bug in bed after I pulled the bedspread down. DISGUSTING! NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Ask for a king superior room, great space for work.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for chatting with me the other day at such length. It was great to speak with you directly. I’m sure you would agree that we both benefitted from the information shared. As we discussed, the miscommunication with the “different website” reservations has been corrected with this new front desk employee. All guaranteed, pre-paid reservations are just that: guaranteed. I would also like to thank you for clearly explaining what type of bug you found. As we discussed, this is a very common, non-threatening insect that typically stays outdoors. We have thoroughly inspected and proactively treated for any other traces, which we were not able to find. And we have already started repainting the wall and ceiling that you pointed out, which will bring this room back to our standards. As I mentioned, individuals like you allow the hotel industry to continue to improve their processes and quality for each and every guest. Thank you for reaching out to me. And I hope to see you again during your future travels in the Milwaukee area. Take care. ~John
Carol Stream
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Got to my room and it was missing the bathroom Shower curtain. I called the front desk and talked to Bert Howard the hotel manager. I offered to put up a shower curtain if he had one. He insisted in moving me to another room. Then he came to my room with a key to the new room, and he personally helped me move my items to the room down the hall. He went above and beyond in making sure my stay was an excellent, and it was.

Room Tip: The Superior King Room is worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!