“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in Oak Creek
Waterloo, Iowa, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Went for A Dr appt and will be staying often very clean awesome staff and breakfast was great. I will be going to Dr appt often and def will stay at this Comfort Suites they were very Helpful. Newer Hotel updated nice suites and comfy beds liked the bathrooms and the dining area they help us with firections to and from my appts.

Room Tip: Stay on 3rd Floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
tdamato, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Kim C.,

Thank you for posting about your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you found our staff and hotel accomodating for you during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future and providing you with the best customer service possible.

Happy New Year,

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Milwaukee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed for three days in the fourth week of December. It was on the second floor in a room that had two beds, two tvs, a bathroom, small kitchenette area, & what I guess you would call a living room area.
Upon going up to the room, we had to pass a housekeeper(plus cart) and noticed that there was garbage on the floor in the hallway. When we came out of the room, housekeeper gone but the wrappers, cup, etc that was on the floor was still there. The house keeper was a blonde woman that had the most made up(makeup) face I had ever seen.
The room was uncomfortably hot. We shut off heat(which did not help), then had to put a/c on.
I would argue that those were clean sheets on the beds, as they were very wrinkled, looked used, & had hair all over them. The beds also had this gauze like covering on it that was like I said, looked & felt like gauze. The point of it, I'd love to know as it looked bad and was itchy & paper like. There was no paper or pen/pencil by the phone either which I thought was strange as well. The curtain on one side was broken on the window so it would not close properly letting light in the room at night. Thats the only things I have to say regarding the bed area. The kitchen area was not cleaned well at all & I'm not being picky or fussy, but when theres food burnt into the microwave & human hair in the fridge, thats not clean. There were coffee pods & creamer, sugar, tea, etc however, by the sink, & there was a coffee maker for it. The bathroom was designed poorly. The toilet is in front of the door, so you cannot keep the door open if on toilet at all, or be in the shower with the door open as it would barricade you in the shower. The toilet did not work repeatedly during our stay. We had to get worker to plunge out once & after that we had to go get a plunger & keep it in the room or we would have had to call every time toilet was used. The bathroom had the usual amenities, plus hairdryer. Although any cleaning in the bathroom prior to us checking in the room, was done not well at all, again, alot of hair in tub, & the toilet showing usage from previous guests. The paint was chipping off badly in bathroom also. The living room area, no complaints. I don't know if they use low wattage light bulbs but even with all lights on, the rooms were very dark.
Our card keys at times did not open exterior doors which made it bad in the winter to have to walk in the parking lot to go through main entrance. I understand having to use rock salt but I think it was over used on all of their sidewalks as the lobby, hallways, & rooms were loaded with tracked in rock salt.
We used the stairways 95% of the time so not to have to wait for the elevator. They were loaded with trash as well(McDonalds bags, cups, napkins, wrappers, etc). Stairways obviously not checked on a daily basis for trash as some of the trash sat there for more than a day.
Pool area okay, not enough towels put out and/or restocked for guests.Need to put out more tables & chairs in pool area, particularly by the kid area so parents could sit & watch their kids over there. Did not like having to walk to lobby in swimsuit to ask for towels for pool. The temperature of the pool was way too cold as well to even be in it comfortably, which is why the hot tub was was crammed with adults AND KIDS that age-wise were not allowed by their own rules to be in it. Everyone got evicted out of pool area x-mas eve evening and was told pool closed for rest of night. The word that got spread around via guests was that someone got their foot injured by pool, but I can tell you there were ALOT of guests that paid to have their kids(and themselves) swim on x-mas eve, that were not allowed to and were mad about it. The exercise room was disgusting. It was glass enclosed so you could see everything/everybody in it & there were dirty towels all over the floor along with cups etc. Everyone that goes to the pool had to pass & see that filthy work out room. The laundry area & the vending areas appeared to be clean when I used or passed them on a regular basis. The lobby did have two computers in the lobby that were always available for use & always seemed available. Parking lot could have been plowed better than what it was. The best part was the breakfast. Lots of choices available, even hot choices, like waffles, eggs, sausage & ham. Pastries, toast, bagels, cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, muffins, oatmeal, I'm sure I'm even missing some things but the breakfast is awesome. The breakfast lady, I believe her name was Linda, was great, personable, & friendly. She spoke to everyone & made sure she got everything that was running out filled as fast as possible. I think if Comfort Suites stepped up their cleaning & had someone on a regular daily basis go through the entire hotel checking stairways, hallways, workout room pool room, & check behind housekeeping it could be improved. Alot of carpets were starting to look stained & worn in hallways & in our room, that might need a little TLC & updating. We also had some people that got put next door to us that had 6-8 kids in the room(whether the staff knew it on check in I dont know as I do not believe it could accommodate that many as that did not include the adults in the room also) that were being horrible. They did nothing but run up & down the hallways screaming, yelling & slamming their door to their room on the lock so they did not have to use a key to get in. They threw their dirty bedding & towels outside their door in the hallway that sat all day & night in that spot. That type of behavior needs to be curbed as not to annoy other guests.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Dog didit -

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff and invite you to contact me directly to discuss the remainder of the points you made during your posting of our hotel.

While we encourage and love reviews, it doesn't provide the details that I would need to easily figure out which room you were in to address the items mentioned and correct.

I apologize for your experience during your stay, and look forward to hearing from you.

Teresa
wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel was convenient and the price was reasonable. We used the park and fly package and used the airport shuttle in the morning for our flight. The shuttle driver was nice and picked up back up at the end of our vacation. There were restaurants all around the area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
tdamato, Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Kathywisconsin88 -

Thanks for staying with us. I hope your vacation was fun and warm!
I appreciate the posting and positive comments regarding our hotel.

Thanks again!

Teresa
Fond du Lac, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

This Comfort Suites is in a great location, is clean, has comfortable beds, pleasant employees and a good breakfast. The shuttle service was very efficient.. What more could we ask for? We'll be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
tdamato, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for the great comment about your stay. It's through our hotel guests remarks that we as a team thrive and yours have definately made a great impact to us! I hope that you had pleasant travels and hope to see you again very soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Super friendly hotel staff. The room was very comfortable and clean. It was above my expectation compared to the other ratings I saw before booking. The location of the hotel was also great as it was not far from downtown and very close to the airport. There was also a shuttle that made commuting very simple. I enjoyed relaxing by their very well kept pool/hot tub and also the bar. Breakfast was way above my expectations every morning. I would stay here again and recomend to anyone visiting Milwaukee for business or pleasure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Wow, what a great review! I am so glad that we exceeded all your expectations and more. Our entire team loves our Hotel and servicing our guests and I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us here as much as we do! May we see you many more weekends to come.

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The staff was wonderful, pleasant & very helpful. They made our stay very inviting. The hotel was very clean, the pool and bar were a nice retreat inside the hotel. Plenty of restaurants and shopping near by. The complimentary breakfast and happy hour in the evening were an unexpected treat. I would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling to Milwaukee and its very close to the airport with shuttles all-day long.

Room Tip: Pool side room was a great benefit
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We are do happy that you had a nice relaxing stay with us. Our hot breakfast is always a great starter to any morning plans and our evening managers reception is our way of treating our wonderful guests to a nice carefree evening! Thank you for stopping in to visit us and we hope to see you again soon!

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Starting from pulling into the driveway, my excellent experience began. Parking was convenient to my room to even though there was a high volume of guests in the hotel. And I understand why. Check in was extremely fast, and friendly, as the clerk made me feel extremely valued. I didn't feel like a "room number". She made sure I was aware that if I needed anything, to call or walk up as I wasn't far from the front desk. My room smelled fresh,as if housekeeping just left, and it was spotless. As for activities while we were there, I swam, enjoyed the perfectly heated hot tub after my workout in the fitness center located conveniently next to the pool area. My son played in the game room which is also right next to the pool while I finished my exercise. I realized I forgot my phone charger, and the front desk lady without hesitation allowed me to use the "community charger". There was several options to choose to eat, we chose a restaurant located close that delivered. food was excellent and well priced. Continental breakfast was more like a breakfast buffet in the morning. Absolutely an amazing find. This hotel is fantastic and highly recommended. Flawless on several occasions.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful review about your numerous stays here at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. I am thrilled to hear that our team and accomodations make you feel at home. We look forward to your future stays with us here and continuing you make your stays memorable!

Happy Holidays from your Family at The Comfort Suites.
Aubrey Prosen AGM

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!