“REPEAT GUEST FOR A REASON” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Oak Creek
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“REPEAT GUEST FOR A REASON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Starting from pulling into the driveway, my excellent experience began. Parking was convenient to my room to even though there was a high volume of guests in the hotel. And I understand why. Check in was extremely fast, and friendly, as the clerk made me feel extremely valued. I didn't feel like a "room number". She made sure I was aware that if I needed anything, to call or walk up as I wasn't far from the front desk. My room smelled fresh,as if housekeeping just left, and it was spotless. As for activities while we were there, I swam, enjoyed the perfectly heated hot tub after my workout in the fitness center located conveniently next to the pool area. My son played in the game room which is also right next to the pool while I finished my exercise. I realized I forgot my phone charger, and the front desk lady without hesitation allowed me to use the "community charger". There was several options to choose to eat, we chose a restaurant located close that delivered. food was excellent and well priced. Continental breakfast was more like a breakfast buffet in the morning. Absolutely an amazing find. This hotel is fantastic and highly recommended. Flawless on several occasions.

• Stayed October 2013
tdamato, Assistant General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and thoughtful review about your numerous stays here at the Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport. I am thrilled to hear that our team and accomodations make you feel at home. We look forward to your future stays with us here and continuing you make your stays memorable!

Happy Holidays from your Family at The Comfort Suites.
Aubrey Prosen AGM

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was having some difficulty finding the hotel. The female clerk wasn't very polite about it and hung up. Once at the hotel a family emergency came up I had to fly home for one day. I wanted to leave my car there for day and fly home. The female clerk and the clueless guy said 7 day minimum no exceptions.There lack of compassion to a critical family emergency is amazing. To top it off there was dust all over the room. LacK of cleaning was evident

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
I apologize for your experience at our hotel. Please contact me at the hotel
to discuss further. I have a few questions in order to get the the bottom of what
staffing issues need to be addressed.

Again, I am sorry and look forward to your call.

Teresa - GM
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Conveniently located, good rates. Restaurants near by. Great customer service at front desk. Nice rooms; large with updated furnishings. Clean, comfortable. Nice bathroom too. Highly recommended! I booked this hotel at the last minute due to an error in reserving a room at a nearby hotel for the wrong date. They were very accommodating and friendly. Great experience here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I am glad we were able to host you during your recent trip to Milwaukee. I am glad you found our rooms to be large and clean and our staff members helpful!
I sincerely hope you will choose to stay with us in the future!

Teresa - GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

everyone behind the desk was amazing Ashley helped me with everything i needed even moved some college people down the hall cause they were being to loud and cant forget free beer and pizza oh yes i love this home away from home

Room Tip: 1003 i beleive it was had two beds bathroom in the middle and a pullout couch with extra tv and walk...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am glad our staff was
able to move you away from some of our more active guests! Our happy hour, Mon-Thurs
5:30-7:30 pm with pizza and house wine, tap beer and soda is always a huge hit. Duffy's is closed on Sunday's and holidays but is available for private/semi-private parties!

Take Care,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites while I was on my way out on a trip to Hawaii. It worked out much easier and less expensive for me to stay overnight in a hotel since my flight was due to leave Milwaukee at 7AM, and I found that the rate for the hotel, and having a family friend take me down to the hotel was a better option than having to be awake at 3AM to leave my home with a car service.

The room that I was booked into (2062) was a suite with two queen beds, and it had a very simple set-up. When you enter the room, you are presented with the two beds, a large dresser and a flat screen TV. Behind that is the bathroom and kitchenette, featuring a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker. Finally, you have the sitting area, with a second TV, couch and workspace. There was also a window there, and in the room that I stayed in, it had a view of the indoor pool and spa.

One thing that I have seen mentioned in other reviews is the charge for the use of a safe in the room. I was aware of the charge already (which can be removed by simply asking at the end of your stay) thanks to the reviews. However, travellers who may not have read reviews on TripAdvisor are made aware of the charge for the safe on the check-in paperwork that you sign off on prior to receiving your room key. One other thing that I arranged for right away was a booking on the free shuttle that runs at :10 and :40 past each hour.

After getting myself settled in to the room, I headed down to the bar in the hotel to check out the happy hour that was mentioned, along with the prospect of pizza being available for a dinner. When I got there at around 6PM, there were a couple of people in there enjoying the complimentary beverages (Miller Lite was the beer on tap, along with house wine and soda). While there was not any pizza there at that time, there were pretzels laid out on each of the tables.

I wound up waiting around half an hour or so in hopes that the pizza would appear. Ultimately, I decided to head out into the rain and walked over to one of the restaurants in the area, along with picking up a bottle of water at the gas station nearby as well. I then came back to my room and had my dinner. After that, I headed down to the pool area and discovered that a single pepperoni pizza had been delivered to the hotel from the pizza place as advertised.

I then went into the pool and enjoyed the spa and pool area, swimming a couple of laps of the pool, then spending time in the spa. I also played some of the games in the game center, which was a good way of spending a couple of minutes, even though some of the machines seem to be a bit out of maintenance, which is a minor disappointment.

After that, it was time for me to (try to, but ultimately fail) go to sleep. I will note that it was more due to me not wanting to miss my flight, as the bed was very comfortable and I was glad to have the choice of soft or firm pillows available to me.

One item that I had seen on the hotel's website is that the rooms are more "tech friendly" with USB ports available. I was disappointed to find that all of the available power outlets were in the kitchenette, bathroom, and seating area of the suite, and not a single USB port available in my particular room. This could be an issue if you like to plug your devices in near to your bed and have them set to play an alarm, especially if you're needing to get up at 4:30 AM for your 5:10 AM shuttle to the airport.

One other thing about the room was that the toilet seat was cracked. While that did not prevent me from using the toilet, it did make the experience unnerving since I did not know if the rest of the seat would hold. When I spotted it, I did make a call to the front desk, and they did assure me that the issue would be resolved in the morning when maintenance came in.

A final item about when I checked out (which was easy with the gentleman who was there doing the overnight shift) - I was very pleasantly surprised to see that there was a box on the front counter with a number of bags in it, offering a small breakfast treat for those who, like me, were getting up too early to enjoy the full breakfast the hotel offers.

In the bag was a granola bar, an apple, and a bottle of water, all of which I did enjoy having as a nice and healthy treat which came as a surprise to me.

Overall, the Comfort Inn is certainly a hotel that I would stay at again if I were needing to stay overnight close to the airport prior to heading out on a very early flight on my own, and not wanting to use the at-airport parking. It's also a great option for anyone staying for a longer time in the Milwaukee area, as you find that while you are not immediately close to downtown, it's only about a 10-15 minute drive, and you can certainly pick up public transportation into the central city.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Wow! That is some review! Thank you so much, I am sure many of our future guests will find this quite helpful when researching a place to stay when travel brings them to Milwaukee!

We do offer shuttle service that must be reserved as it is a shared van service between the 4 hotels Wisco Management Co owns on 13th St. The best time to do this is upon check-in - many of the shuttle times do fill for the early morning times, sometimes groups that wish to travel together have to split into two different times. This is true during busy vacation times like holiday's, winter vacations and spring break.

While our shuttle is free for our guests...if you are leaving a car while you travel and did not book
a park here fly there package - you will be charged a fee of up to $50 and during key times, we may not have room in our lot for cars unless it is booked as a park here fly there package.
This year, we are issuing parking passes to cars and towing cars that park without this package for extended time periods.
If you have any questions, please call the hotel and speak to our Asst. GM during regular business hours.

As for happy hour and pizza - we offer free tap beer, wine and soda from 5;:30-7:30 Mon-Sat
(Duffy's is closed Sunday's and Holidays) We do serve pizza about 7:15-7:30 ish. It is more of a snack - a couple pieces as you head out or back to your room to wrap up for the day.

Thank you for your comments and feedback..

See you soon!

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I came to Milwaukee with my brother to visit family this month and I'm happy we chose this hotel! we stopped down at the desk later that evening to ask for a good place to eat. Ashley recommended a griddlers cafe, which is a nice little restaurant. When we came back, she asked what we had and how it was, striked up a great conversation with us. She is one of the most friendliest desk clerks I've ever met. She definitely made this great. .....We missed the happy hour but still went in for a drink before bed and milli-cent was bartending. She is ALSO a great person to have on your staff. The rooms were comfy, dated, and spacious and a great staff makes it 100x better! Well be coming back in a few months to visit and I know where we're making our reservations!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of our hotel!
I am glad you enjoyed your time with us!

Take care,

Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Beautiful hotel. The entry way would be great for wedding photos. Awesome beds and bedding! Very comfortable mattress and pillows. We stayed in a room with two beds, two tvs,,a sitting area, microwave, fridge, sink, and separate .bathroom. The window view overlooks the gorgeous pool area, at first glance I thought I was looking outside. The complementary breakfast was great.
Don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
SteveKDenver -

Thanks for the review! I appreciate your comments!

Teresa

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!