“Awesome desk clerk and very nice facilities make this a great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“Awesome desk clerk and very nice facilities make this a great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights to enjoy the area while we anxiously anticipated the Paul McCartney concert in July. In a nutshell, the outgoing and super-friendly clerk checking us in made our entire stay here! Stacey is one of those employees that management would love to clone and place on each shift in each hotel they own. She went out of her way to help, beyond what we expected. She helped us with restaurant information, travel routes in the city, and recommended details of getting to the stadium. When she wasn't sure how to answer a question, she did some research and let us know what she had found out when we next saw her. She obviously LOVES her job. When she told us she had only been in that role for only a month, we couldn't believe it. She is extremely knowledgeable about what she does and is a true gem. Her enthusiasm is truly infectious and she really set the tone for our entire stay. We hope she runs up through the ranks in your hotel because she has skills you need to keep. Other desk helpers were also very nice and welcoming so, kudos to HR and your training!

Our suite was very clean, modern, quiet and very comfy. We asked to be located on an outer wing away from the pool and in a spot where no pets stay. We loved the king bed, very comfortable with great pillows. The kitchenette was great - mini fridge, sink, microwave, all you need - as was the very nice granite counter top in the bathroom. The air conditioner was on all the time as we were there during an extended sweltering heatwave. It was quiet and effective and definitely got a work out! This was one of the nicest rooms and hotels we have stayed in for a long time, and we travel quite a bit. Highly recommend. Oh, don't forget the free pizza, wine, beer, pop during the week in the evenings in the pub. Breakfast there each morning was also enjoyed: yogurts, cereal, pastries, eggs, sausage patties and make your own waffles. We did not encounter any of the parking issues other reviewers mentioned. Cannot find anything less than great to say about this location. Handy to all you want to do and see in Milwaukee.

Room Tip: For a super quiet and fresh smelling room, ask for one away from the pool and in an area where pets...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thanks for staying with us during your visit to Milwaukee and the concert. That was a busy week!
I am glad you mentioned Stacy and our team and felt our hotel was a great experience!

Many guests enjoy our happy hour Mon-Sat. 5:30-7:30 with free tap beer, house wine and soda along with dry snacks! Duffy's closes between 10-11pm. Mon-Thurs. we have a pizza snack delivered around 7:30 pm or so! It is a snack, but goes fast!

The parking situation that past guests mentioned were during the Feb and March park here and fly there season and with snow and a renovation wrapping up at that time, made parking a bit limited at best. We learned some lessons from last season's spring break and hope to make this year's early spring travel season much improved!

Have a great rest of your summer!

Teresa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Spokane, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We liked it very much. It had a nice pool and we liked the lobby area, which was reall "homey" feeling. Large rooms with a couch and king sized bed that were very clean and comfortable> Nice, large marbled countertops in bathroom. Our only regret was not being able to enjoy it longer. It was a stop-over from point A to point B and we didn't get in until 9 PM and had to leave at 4 in the morning for the airport. Oh well, comfortable while it lasted! They also have free shuttle service to the airport running like every half hour. Fast & friendly as well, took about 5 minutes! We would difinately stay there again if we were going back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Brnidgrl1961 -

Thank you so much for staying with us during your short visit through Milwaukee! Our shuttle does run almost 24hours per day, we schedule departing guests at 10 and 40 after the hour. Arriving guests may announce their arrival once they have luggage in hand, by calling the hotel.

We did just finish renovations, including granite in the bathrooms, wetbar, new linens, flat pannel tv's and new sofa sleepers.

Hope to see you again!

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The accommodations were nice, about what was expected. I booked 3 nights in July 2013, and received an email confirmation for $338.88 including all taxes. The morning we were to leave they slipped a receipt under our door that indicated they had charged us an extra $6. This was supposedly for a "Safe with ltd warranty" that we were never told about. This is unethical and dishonest. It's the same thing as telephone company "cramming" which is now illegal. It's the same thing as a waitress short-changing you $6 and hoping you won't notice. The desk clerk cheerily said it wasn't her fault, or her managers fault--rather that it was a "company-wide policy."
I will never again stay at Comfort Suites or Choice Hotels again if anything else is available. I just don't need to give my business to dishonest companies, and I encourage you not to either.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mike S.

Thank you for sharing your concern with the charge for the safe fee. Many hotel brands, including Holiday Inn and Marriott use the same business model, charging $2 per day for use of the safe. I am sorry you do not wish to stay with Comfort Suites or Choice Hotels due to this ammenity.

I have reviewed your folio and see indeed you were issued a $6.00 credit upon check out.

If I may, I would like to explain/educate you and future guests about this policy and charge...

This is for added piece of mind for our guests during their stay, this is a warranty up to $5,000 of loss as the result of forced entry. The charge of $2 per day is added to your account and upon request, this can be removed at check out. This is posted at our front desk and each guests acknowledges this with when signing a registration card upon check in and receiving their room keys.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask for me.
I would be happy to assist further if you would find it helpful.

Teresa D'Amato - GM
St Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We liked this hotel very much. Just walking into the lovely 2-story lobby with its dark wood, stylish furnishings, fireplace, chandeliers, staircase, piano, and high-quality internet computers was a relief because as a previous reviewer said, this is a chain that can definitely go the other way. McDuffy's Pub is the hotel's large breakfast and happy hour room, again a very attractive space with dark wood, plenty of tables and chairs as well as a sitting area and another fireplace. Breakfast was pretty standard, but the manager's weeknight reception was quite impressive, with complimentary wine, beer and soda from 5:30-7:30. Pizza is put out at 7:30 as well. The place has an indoor hot tub and two pools, one with a kiddie slide, and an adjacent outdoor patio in a pleasant and private setting.

Our room was a quiet suite on the second floor with two queen beds and TV when you first walk in, then the bathroom and wet bar with fridge and microwave, and the livingroom with a desk, sleeper sofa and TV at the far end. The air conditioner and a window overlooking the pool were in the livingroom area. The room was clean and in nice condition, but the lighting was somewhat uninviting. The bathroom had been partially remodeled, but they should have gone all the way and replaced the floor, baseboards and toilet.. which was clogged upon our arrival. It was nice not having the beds right next to the air conditioner which is problematic in many hotel rooms, however if you have someone sleeping on the sleeper sofa then they ARE right next to it and it's tough to regulate the temperature so that everyone in the suite is not too hot or too cold. My only other complaint is that the washer and dryer were both out of order just when we needed them, despite the fact that they were working the night before when we walked by the laundry room. Oh well, for 99 bucks this place was a steal. The easy access to I-94 and I-794 makes it a great location, with downtown, the lakefront, and other attractions just a few minutes away.

Room Tip: Although we missed having an external window, our internal room on the second floor overlooking the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boy! I can't even say anything...you said it all!

Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you again soon!

Teresa - GM
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my first time at a Comfort Suites and my expectations were pretty low (thought it was a cut rate chain). I live in town and my A/C had been out for 3 days with 100+ heat index outside, so all I wanted was some air conditioning and a bit of comfort. What I got instead was INCREDIBLE SERVICE and a whole lot of pampering. Special thanks to Stacy at the front desk. She not only made my check in as quick and easy as possible, she went on to deliver incredible service for the next few hours as my brain started to cool down and I realized things I had forgotten, as well as some special requests. I also witnessed her helping others with the same genuine spirit of making their stay great. I had a much better than expected room - nice amount of space, couch, fridge, micro, coffee pot, etc.. I was bowled over by the bathroom - very upscale, extra large granite vanity, which was at stand up height. Haven't see this very much, even in upscale hotels. Room was clean and quiet, bed was comfy and there was good sound and light blockage (didn't have any of the sound problems and previous reviewer referenced). But the thing that really made an impression on me was the service. Stacy really made you feel like you were the most important customer she had. I have stayed in many high end places and I only wish they had half as good service as this place does. Also got great service from other members of the staff, so it appears to be a corporate trait. They offered evening drinks and food and breakfast the next morning, but I was just too exhausted to take advantage of any of it. Only negative at all was an incredibly slow single elevator, but that definitely didn't change my impression. I will think about using this chain again in the future, thanks to the wonderful service.

Room Tip: Be specific about your needs when you check in and they will do their best to match you up with a ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear M L -

Thank you for staying with us. I will pass along your post to our team and make sure Stacy knows as well. Your review was so kind and make the entire staff proud to work here!

Take care,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here one night (in town for the Brewers game)
Only way to get downtown is by cab ($25)
cab back from Stadium ($30)
Hotel was great- great service, great free breakfast
just wish it was closer to something beside the airport

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Onedum -

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad the hotel part of your stay was enjoyable. I am sorry that the cab fare was an issue to downtown and Miller Park.
Many of Milwaukee's summertime events like the ethnic festivities held at Summerfest do offer the Freeway Flyer and the park n ride just a short walk from our hotel.

Rock City, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Every year, we head up for Summerfest (usually over the 4th of July) and we keep coming back to this place. The rooms are spacious and the pool area very nice. Refrigerators, microwaves and a safe. The extra perk of breakfast and cocktail hours is greatly appreciated on most visits. During cocktail hour during the week, they even have pizza, wings and breadsticks! Even cookies!

On this visit, things were a little different. We had the family along and were excited to get "home". After check in (when the kids noticed no cookies), we were told that there was no "happy hour" that evening due to the holiday. We were disappointed, but ordered the same stuff to be delivered.

In the morning, breakfast was a zoo! It was about 9 am and the place was packed and they had run out of most everything. I grabbed an orange, a yogurt, a hard boiled egg and an egg patty for my husband and I. No milk, juice, cereal, sausage, etc. to be found. Oh well.

We will probably still think of this as our "go to" spot when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! I am so pleased that you feel this is your home away from home during your trips to Milwaukee. Yes, there has been a few changes over the past year or so.

We do offer our happy hour - Mon-Sat 5:30-7:30 with free house wine, tap beer and soda.
Pizza appetizer from Toppers is served Mon-Thurs between 7-7:30pm. We always have snacks like pretzels or mix on our bar tables too! Because so many of our guests leave the hotel during the holiday for fun events and family functions, Duffy's Pub is not open on holiday's.

The breakfast is very busy during the summer travel season and we strive to keep everything full and ready to go. With summer guests waking up later, we do keep the breakfast available a little longer and welcome guests to help themselves to what is currently available on the buffet.

Hope to see you next year.

Teresa - GM

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!