“cheap but far from everything” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
“cheap but far from everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here one night (in town for the Brewers game)
Only way to get downtown is by cab ($25)
cab back from Stadium ($30)
Hotel was great- great service, great free breakfast
just wish it was closer to something beside the airport

Room Tip: all the same
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Onedum -

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad the hotel part of your stay was enjoyable. I am sorry that the cab fare was an issue to downtown and Miller Park.
Many of Milwaukee's summertime events like the ethnic festivities held at Summerfest do offer the Freeway Flyer and the park n ride just a short walk from our hotel.

Teresa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Rock City, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Every year, we head up for Summerfest (usually over the 4th of July) and we keep coming back to this place. The rooms are spacious and the pool area very nice. Refrigerators, microwaves and a safe. The extra perk of breakfast and cocktail hours is greatly appreciated on most visits. During cocktail hour during the week, they even have pizza, wings and breadsticks! Even cookies!

On this visit, things were a little different. We had the family along and were excited to get "home". After check in (when the kids noticed no cookies), we were told that there was no "happy hour" that evening due to the holiday. We were disappointed, but ordered the same stuff to be delivered.

In the morning, breakfast was a zoo! It was about 9 am and the place was packed and they had run out of most everything. I grabbed an orange, a yogurt, a hard boiled egg and an egg patty for my husband and I. No milk, juice, cereal, sausage, etc. to be found. Oh well.

We will probably still think of this as our "go to" spot when in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us! I am so pleased that you feel this is your home away from home during your trips to Milwaukee. Yes, there has been a few changes over the past year or so.

We do offer our happy hour - Mon-Sat 5:30-7:30 with free house wine, tap beer and soda.
Pizza appetizer from Toppers is served Mon-Thurs between 7-7:30pm. We always have snacks like pretzels or mix on our bar tables too! Because so many of our guests leave the hotel during the holiday for fun events and family functions, Duffy's Pub is not open on holiday's.

The breakfast is very busy during the summer travel season and we strive to keep everything full and ready to go. With summer guests waking up later, we do keep the breakfast available a little longer and welcome guests to help themselves to what is currently available on the buffet.

Hope to see you next year.

Teresa - GM
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'll start with the positives. This is a very nice property. The rooms are spacious with a comfortable bed and a couch in the sitting area. They have refrigerators and microwaves. A safe big enough to store a laptop. TV size is a little small, but adequate. The pool area is extremely nice, with a swimming pool, hot tub, and a kiddie wading area with splash fountains. There is free breakfast and happy hour with beer and wine. Pretty much anything you would need to feel at home. Now to the negatives -- you better bring ear plugs or you won't sleep a wink. We had a barking dog in the room next to us (apparently this is a pet friendly hotel). You could hear our other neighbor's TV through the wall. Everytime someone opens and shuts a door you will hear it throughout your room. That was disappointing. But if you bring ear plugs you will sleep fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear dschick -

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not get much sleep during your stay with us.
I will share your comments about noise with our staff and have them be more aware with what they hear in the hallways, to ensure a quiet and pleasant stay.

Hope to see you soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wow, at the end of a long drive, nothing better than to arrive at a beautiful hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. It's no wonder this local gets such high ratings from everyone, because it most definitely deserves them. Nice, big room, beautiful lobby (complete with fast computers), amazing pool area (complete with a hot, powerful whirlpool), good breakfast, drinks throughout the day. don't give it another thought, Stay Here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Will B -

Thanks for the great review! I will share with our staff. Happy hour is Duffy's Pub from5:30-7:30pm Mon-Sat..is a great perk to staying here!

Thanks again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Great staff. Hotel is convenient to everything. Would definitely stAy there again Very friendly and helpful staff. Great place for Everyone Only problem I would state is our room was located by the indoor pool. When we would walk into our room it would smell like chlorine

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for staying with us! I am glad you found everything to be well suited for your trip.
Hope you had a fun time in Milwaukee! Don't forget Wisconsin State Fair the first 10 days of August and of course all the weekend fests!

Take care -

Tomah, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I was on business in Milwaukee and decided to stay a little away from all the hustle in the bigger part of the city. I found Comfort Suites by the airport. This was a great hotel! My co-worker and I wanted rooms next to each other and they accomidated. When we got to our rooms, both had a huge king bed and a jacuzzi close to the bed! The room was big with a sofa, small kitchen area and work area (see pictures). The bar downstairs had happy hour for two hours and gave free beer and house wine. There was also pretzels on the tables. The pool was nice and clean and the exercise room too. The bathroom had dual showers which was pretty cool. The only gripe I have is the extremley slow elevator. And on the last night I was there, there must have been a convention because the hotel was packed and I had to park way in the back of the hotel and it was a pretty weird walk in the dark. But over all, I would totally suggest this hotel, especially if there for over 3 days.

Room Tip: Get a Choice Privlidges card and rack up the points for free stays!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Christie -

Thanks for posting about our hotel! I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and yes the frequent stay program is a great way to rack up points and free stays!

Take Care,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's convenient, safe, and staff is tremendous. I came with my sons for Cubs/Brewers game and Summerfest, a tradition of with either or for the last decade, and I really wish I'd have come here from the start. It's affordable, clean, located perfect to get to where u need to be, as well as restaurants and gas stations right around the corner. I was most impressed with Ashley and Stacy. Upon checking in, my reservation was for a King bed, when I expressed I'd like to get a roll up bed for my sons, they got me a room with 2 queen sized beds, as well as a pull out couch! Man, I've never had someone accommodate so easily and effortlessly. I'm sure that can't always be the case, but they obviously could and did and were so nice, warm smiles, tons of information and such magnificent personalities.....if I were to ever open a hotel chain, I'd steal them away!!!!!!!!!
No doubt, I will be back and recommend to my many traveling friends that Comfort Suites is the place to go!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Ken -

Thank you so much for the great compliment about our hotel and our staff!
I will share these with the team!

Be sure to see us again this fall when the cubs are back!

Take care-

Teresa

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!