“Close to airport and good for the family” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Close to airport and good for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was conveniently located to the airport. It also had a great pool area and game room if you are traveling with kids. The gym and plenty of equipment but was a little light on space. The morning breakfast had plenty of good food and variety.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Ryan -

I am glad you enjoyed your time with family in our hotel! The pool area and game room
are popular with families. With breakfast, free wi-fi, happy hour on Mon-Sat. (closed holidays)
and our renovated rooms you can't beat the value at our hotel!

Travel safe -

Teresa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Milwaukee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place is dirty, run down and unpleasent. It is overpriced and not managed very well. I will never stay at this Motel , there are so many better Hotels to stay at ,you just have to do your homework and read the reviews by guests that stay there. The internet and review sites such as tripadvisor are here to help and protect the consumers from places like this..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I am very concerned with your review of our property. Please contact me at the hotel.
If you have the time, please let me know details of your stay so that I may review and correct with our team.

I appreciate your time and business and hope that we can speak about the issues your
reported during your stay.

Take care,

Grand Forks, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

housekeeping only made the bed but did not take care of the towels or anything else. Parking is a BIG problem. You frequently can not find a parking space especially in the early morning and the eveniing. Information is kept for those who park and ride but it is not enforced. Anyone can park here and take the shuttle to the airport. If you are looking for a free place to park and go to the airport this would be it. The only indication they would have that you've been here for a while is if you actually give them your name and vehicle information; or if it snows.

Room Tip: get a room near the elevator or stairs because of the need to frequently resolve concerns with the f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback during your stay this week. I will review your comments regarding our housekeping with our staff. Our park here fly there packages remain very popular during the busy spring travel season. As well as our renovation project taking space in our extending parking area. The travel season usually lightens up during the 2nd week of April and our renovation project should be completed by early May. I apologize for your fustration during your visit this week.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have stayed here 2 times in the last year and had extremely good experiences both times. The rooms are large and the service friendly. Both times we observed a K-9 Police Officer AND Dog near the front entrance. It wasn't a problem and actually made us feel safer! The shuttle runs on time and will fill up during peak times, so make sure to reserve a spot with the front desk before you retire for the evening. I like the location as well as it is a very short ride to the airport with NO heavy traffic to deal with. We just booked the hotel again for next week and I hope I have the same experience. We will be using the pool this time and I hope it is as nice as it looks from the room. We booked through choicehotels.com because they have a promotion where you get a free stay with the purchase of 2 stays! Not a bad deal, but restrictions and deadlines apply...

Room Tip: Rooms above the pool will have a "pool type smell" possibly chlorine...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Wicowboy!

I am glad you had a pleasant expereince at our hotel for your recent trip! I hope you got to go somewhere warm and left the cold and snow back home! I am glad, Shannon in Security made you feel safe while you stayed with us. Many guests are remembering him by name since he has been a weekend fixture for almost two years! Please say hi during your next stay with us! Thank you for using choicehotels.com and taking advantage of the special booking offer! Many guests look forward to collecting points and the seasonal offers. I will share your comments on our on-time shuttle service with our drivers. The feedback is a great motivator for our team! Take care and I look forward to meeting you when you return!

Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived on a sat and did a reverse fly and park, so we sat in the lobby and had time to have a drink. The bar, Duffys Pub was serving sandwiches but no beer. What the ! When we returned to milwaukee we called the shuttle, it arrived and was filled quickly. Twenty min later it came back and was filled in seconds. WE sat aprox 1 hour waiting. The morale of the story is they share a shuttle between 4-5 hotels and sometimes you wait. Also, next mourning I was stuck inthe lot, no one was available from the hotel to help. The rooms are very average if the price is right it is alright.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark -

Thank you for your posting to Trip Advisor. Boy - what a winter it has been the last few weeks with snows almost every Tuesday and of course right in the middle of peak vacation and park here fly there season. With the hotel renovations that are wrapping up in April, the containers for this project have taken up valuable parking spaces this year. Our Duffy's Pub hosts our happy hour from 5:30-7:30 pm Mon-Sat. - of course, it is closed on Sunday and holidays.
But, our guests usually gather for a free tap beer, wine or soda before going out to dinner.
We serve dry snacks on the week ends and pizza Mon-Thur at 7:30pm as an appetizer.
Thank you for your feedback on our return shuttle service, we are reviewing our procedures based upon your review, and better communication to our future guests that we do operate a shared shuttle between the four properties Wisco Hotel Group ownes in the Milwaukee Airport market. I will share your comments with our staff and thank you for your time
and look forward to the opportunity to host your stay again soon.
Safe travels...Teresa
Gonic, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This location apparently does a stay and fly package, because almost all the parking spaces anywhere near the entrance to the hotel is in use by cars that have been parked with snow from more then one night around them. The spaces that are available are past the conference center in the far rear of the property and even those were hard to come by.
The check-in with Bill and check-out with another Bill in the morning were both smooth and quick. The breakfast was good with lots of room for sitting and access to the meal.
I was given an upgraded room and had a view of the pool, I did not know about the pool until I entered the room and it smelled like chemicals. There were signs about it being an air quality room, meaning no smoking, but if you have any type of chemical sensitivity then you should request an exterior room. The windows do not open, but the pool smell permeates the room. All the interior rooms overlook an enclosed pool, spa and children's area.
The room was generally neat and clean and the bed was firm. The desk work area was limited by a large decorative lamp that took about 20% of the desk space. Additionally it was the only light on or near the desk and had about a 40 watt bulb in it. The internet had an extremely strong signal from about 6 sources, but it would not stay connected long enough to finish an e-mail. It kept resetting every time you were trying to get work done. If you are trying to upload anything beyond a basic e-mail, then use your own air card or portable wi-fi.
There was a two hour evening social with 2 drinks per room or guest and some snacks. People from the adjacent Marriott-family hotel next door also come over. I did not attend because I had work to complete.
I would return to this location. I would request an exterior room, I would bring my own computer air card and unload any bags at the door before I headed to the east 40 to find a parking space.

Room Tip: If you have any sensitivity to pool chemicals request an exterior view room. The pool is on the fir...
Michaelin, NH -

As you probably seen during your visit, we are renovating the hotel. We should be done in April sometime. Part of the renovation is increasing the quality of our HSIA, so you would not have to bring an aircard with you. As well as a different desk lamp, I agree the books are rather intrusive. Our hotel is non-smoking - a state law was passed in 2008 I think for all public places.

Part of the parking issue you faced was our numerous snowfalls and renovation containers taking up valuable parking. It was a perfect storm - if you will makeing parking a bit of a challenge the past few weeks.

I will certainly mention your praises to our staff - both Bill's! I am glad you enjoyed our bountiful breakfast in Dufyy's.

Tersea
Madison,Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed here during the holiday season. Our stay was very enjoyable. The hotel was clean and the beds & room was comfortable. The check in and check out was quick and efficient. The staff were helpful and pleasant. Good location near airport. We used the airport shuttle and didn't have to worry about parking at the airport. The shuttle service was prompt. Happy hour and breakfast were a great bonus. Easy to find location and being near airport makes it an ideal place to stay if you are going to fly out or have business in the area. Staff were friendly and helpful. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub area. It was very relaxing. I even got some excercise. Breakfast was awsome. Loved the selection of food we could choose from. Restaurant was just next door, could enjoy a pleasant dinner and didn't have to drive anywhere. I would come back for a stay another time and would recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Glad you enjoyed our hotel! Hope to see you for your next trip.
Teresa

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!