“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Oak Creek
Chicago, Illinois
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This hotel offers good value for the money. It is close to the airport as the name suggests. The happy hour is excellent, free tap beer and wine from 5:30 to 7:30. Most weekday nights there is also free pizza, usually after 7. Like most Choice properties, this one also has a free breakfast. It is pretty basic. The only thing keeping me from rating the hotel higher is that it is a bit tired. I hasten to add that it is clean and in fairness there is a renovation of the bathrooms in progress at the time this review is being written. Once the renovation is complete, I would not hesitate upping the overall rating. One other thing to note is that there are a few other hotels nearby but you will need a car to get to theaters and to downtown Milwaukee. There is not a restaurant on premises but there is an OK place about 1/2 block away.

Room Tip: Get a room toward the back opposite of the pool.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We should be done with our renovation process in the spring.
Updating the bathrooms to include granite, new tile flooring, updated lighting and vanity.
We do have a sample room done, stop by and ask for a tour!
See our packages on wiscohotels.com

Take Care -
Teresa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am a returning guest to the Comfort Suites property. My family lives in Milwaukee and myself and my husband come down a few times a year to watch the grandchildren. We stayed here last year and found it hard to enjoy ourselves with what seemed to be an abundance of kids and birthday parties! When we left after our weekend stay I remember mentioning the issues to the manager. This trip was conpletely different. My grandchildren and I were able to enjoy the pool due to the new "Wristband policy" they had. I also noticed that they have attendants and people walking around monitering the areas and that Birthday parties are no longer available. I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to swim and not feel like you are fighting for pool space. The accomodations were great, the service and friendliness of the staff was superb and I felt that they actually cared about how myself and my family were enjoying our stay. Their is no question that when we return next time to visit, the Comfort Suites will be the place we will be staying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your support in policy limiting our pool area to registered guests only and 6 wristbands per room. I am glad you decided to try us again despite your concerns last year.
Again, thank you for supporting our pool policy.

Take Care,

peosta, ia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

good place to stay if you have an early flight out of milwaukee. Friendly and helpful staff. Front desk gave a a wake up call in time for a nice breakfast and had us all signed uo for the shuttle to the airport in time for our flight. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
John -

Thank you for staying with us for your flight needs. I am glad you took the time to post a review of our hotel. When I share the comments with our staff during our meetings, they really take pride in helping our guests.
Safe travels - Teresa - GM
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We recently stayed here utilizing a Park-Sleep-Fly package (booked through BuyReservations.com). For around $100 we had parking for a week, nice comfortable stay, happy hour cocktails and a quick breakfast.

Hotel is conveniently located just off the highway and within a 10 minute shuttle ride to the airport. The hotel was welcoming and cozy with friendly staff.

They had a nice little bar that offered Happy Hour Mon-Sat 5:30-7:30 with free tap beer, house wine and soda (this was a great way to unwind before bed!). I read they also offered free pizza weeknights (but not on Saturday night). The bar had glass doors leading to what looked like a nice pool (we didn’t utilize it). Rooms are spacious with a sitting area separate from the sleeping area. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. They offer a nice continental breakfast, however with our early flight out we couldn’t partake, however upon request we were given a “Brown bag breakfast” which consisted of a water bottle, apple, and breakfast bar. This was perfect for the ride to the airport.

We requested an early morning shuttle to catch our 5:25am flight and were told the shuttle didn’t start until 4:00am, however they also informed us the airport ticket counter didn’t open until 4:00am either. Our shuttle arrived at 4:10am and we made it to the airport with plenty of time to get checked in, check a bag and make it to our gate for a 5:25am flight.

We would definitely stay here again for a flight out of Milwaukee (and would stay here for a general visit to Milwaukee).

Room Tip: Away from the pool will naturally be more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. I am glad to hear you will stay again when travel brings you to Milwaukee. Hope you enjoyed your destination!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Comfort Suites is a very convenient place to stay if you are flying out of the Milwaukee airport on a vacation. They offer free parking, a free shuttle to the airport, free breakfast options, and free drinks during their happy hour! The rooms are clean, lovely and very quiet. There were two big events going on In the hotel ( teenage pool party and a wedding reception) and the halls were very, very quiet. All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again with my family. It was an awesome way to start our family vacation!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Amy -

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotels. I am glad even with a couple events going on, you still found the hotel quiet!

See us again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Best last minute get away ever - Clean, modern rooms -Exceptional customer service ( special thanks to Bill at the front desk!). Comfortable lobby. Hot breakfast in a spacious dining area. We will be back. Keep up the good work.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time and reviewing our property. I will make sure Bill knows you mentioned him by name! Take Care and thank you for staying with us, hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Excellent off airport hotel; clean, nicely appointed rooms with all of the conveniences for airport travelers (Park and Fly, complimentary evening cocktail reception and hot morning breakfast). Let me say I was traveling through Milwaukee on the way back to Chicago so although I did not stay at this hotel because I was using Glen Mitchell I see it as a very convenient and hospitable place to stay if you are using the airport. Nice indoor pool (with separate good sized kids pool) that had rooms which opened up right to the pool area. Morning breakfast was plentiful with waffles, ham and egg selection to make an “Egg Mc Muffin” type sandwich and the other usual continental type offerings (hot/cold cereals, fruit, muffins). Very convenient to the airport just off I-94.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
tdamato, General Manager at Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. We strive to give our guests a great experience and a great hotel! Come See us again!

Safe travels....

Been to Comfort Suites Milwaukee Airport? Share your experiences!