“What do you expect? It's a Super 8, folks.” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in New Richmond
“What do you expect? It's a Super 8, folks.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed on a Saturday night, so paid more than I would have liked for a Super 8, but it was quiet during the night when we slept and there was hot water in the morning, so we can't complain too much. Pretty run-down, but it was fine for a one-night's sleep. Wouldn't book this hotel if you plan on actually hanging out in your room for a while. Owners live in the hotel, so that's a little weird. Overall, it was what I expected. Be aware that all Super 8s accept pets.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Onalaska, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel is awful. Do not stay here. Hotel staff at check-in was incompetent and distant. The pillows in the room were very thin so we called to ask for some extra pillows. At first they didn't answer the phone. We waited a few minutes and called again and someone answered the phone after several rings. When I asked for extra pillows he asked "why?". I explained why and he slammed the phone down on the counter without answering. A few minutes later he showed up with 3 pillows (we asked for 4 because there were 4 people in the room). The first thing he said to us was "next time bring your own". The pillows looked used and we were creeped out using them. We had a reservation for 2 nights but left the next morning. There were sold out hotels in the area but we realized this one was almost empty. Now we know why!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these New Richmond hotels

usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I just need to tell you how wonderful and caring you folks are. I would recommend you very highly.
My husband and I had attended a late funeral in Stillwater, MN. He was so very ill with stomach trouble
and you helped us so much.
After Bud not feeling at all well all night, we headed back home to the Rothschild area very soon on Sat..
It was a very long drive for me and we thought how we could not have traveled the distance that Friday
Night just to get home. The date was Sept. 9th.
Thank you again.
Helen Meydam

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Plymouth, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

We were staying on a Saturday night with two small children. At approximately 2:00 a.m. we received a call from the front desk telling us that there was a complaint regarding the noise in our room and asking us to be quiet. The noise did not come from out room - we had all been asleep for 3+ hours at that point, and the phone call woke everyone up. When I explained this to the desk attendant, he just hung up without apologizing. The next morning, I went to find a manager to complain and found the front desk unattended. I waited for several minutes, but finally gave up and left. I wrote an e-mail to Super 8 corporate to relay our experience, and received no response. What a horrible experience, and what a horrible way to run a business. Needless to say, we will never set foot in any Super 8 again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Superior, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

This place was an absolute disaster. We waited five minutes for someone to check us in. When they did come to check us in, we couldn’t understand her since she seemed like she was fresh out of India. The check-in process took almost a half an hour!

The room and hallways smelled horrible. The room’s lights kept flickering and there wasn’t even a TV in our room. But since it was one night and only $50 dollars, we stayed. We weren’t in the room for very long and only slept. Which the pillows were very hard and the heat went hay-wire and the room rose to 102 degrees and stayed that was all night. There was no way to turn this heat down.

After taking a shower, the water drain was broken and wouldn’t go up to let the water out. My colleague had to ask for more shampoo and conditioner at the front desk and they charged us $4 dollars for the tiny bottles. After I cleaned up and packed my belongings, I discovered a pair of underwear that were not mine nor my colleagues that were wedged in a corner. DISGUSTING. Never will I stay at a Super 8 of any kind.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We were traveling and called ahead with the Super 8 800 number. It was listed as a 'Pride of Super 8', in the motel book. Wrong! The desk clerk was very friendly. The motel was almost empty. Our room had not been vacuumed, there were several spider webs in corners with spiders in them, and the parking lot had no lighting. We were not sure if our sheets were fresh and they were a dingy color. The security door had duct tape over it. Super 8 really should check on their motels to be sure they maintain them if they are going to list them as a Pride. It was also difficult to find it with no outside sign lit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I was in New Richmond for a family wedding and decided to stay at the super 8. Several years ago I stayed there and didn't remember anything negative, so felt comfortable booking a room for my kids and I.

Upon entering there was no one at the front desk, however a quick ringing of a door bell and someone came to the front quickly. We got to our room (keys both worked fine), room is very basic but clean. However it is a worn out looking room, there were rips in the bed sheet, windows don't look like they properly fit in the window opening. I was going to open one, but the screen was significantly bent and not fitting the window...so bugs could very easily find there way into the room if the window was open.

We had to enter the hallway a few times that evening, and everytime an overwhelming smell permeated the hallways. I am not familiar with Indian foods, but from reading other reports on here I wonder if that is the smell. I didn't notice it upon checkin, just after 6pm or so, so it must have been something the owners were making for their own family. I am pretty sensative to smells, so I was glad that it didn't waft into the hotel room at all.

One other small note, I am not sure if it is a hotel that usually allows pets, but there was a couple staying there with 2 medium (40lb?) dogs, so if you can't stay somewhere that pets stay, this place shouldn't be considered.

Overall, after having stayed at the AmericInn just down the street a few months ago...if in need of a hotel in New Richmond in the near future again, I would spend a little more and stay down the street and not at the Super 8...it's seen better days for the price they're charging.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 New Richmond? Share your experiences!