“Weekend trip to friends” 4 of 5 stars

Travelers Inn Convention Ctr
1700 East Bridge Street, New Lisbon, WI 53950 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Lisbon
Minnesota
“Weekend trip to friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Looked neat and tide as we drove up and we found that to carry to the inside. Every area was well lite and very clean. The bed was comfortable. True continental breakfast. Coffee was WEAK, stopped by the convenience store next door and got a great cup of coffee for the road.

The little brown snake that greeted me as we went to check in slithered off after my husband put him outside.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele F, Guest Relations Manager at Travelers Inn Convention Ctr, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
I can not imagine that you found a little garden snake inside the hotel! Like all hotels, our facility is treated monthly for pests as a preventative measure. In addition, our staff communicates with each shift to make them aware of any anomaly that might occur in the hotel. We have had no reports of any "unwelcome visitors". Remember, the front desk at any hotel is always your best resource for any concern you might have and here there is always an open door to the manager's office. Please visit us again and enjoy the fall colors. We are in a lovely setting, just off the interstate, and on the grounds you may see cranes walking by or turkeys out for a stroll. Deer are often seen near the woods and birds make their home near us.
When you come again, please stop and talk with Linda, our manager, or myself. The management office is located just inside the double set of doors that you come through as you enter the hotel. Thanks again for the feedback, Michele.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I've past by this motel many times in my travels across Wisconsin but never looked twice. we needed a room for 1 night to save travel time in the morning. it is very clean, friendly, easy to find just off the interstate, large room and best of all a real bargain. I will use this motel again.

Room Tip: We were in a front room and didnot here any traffic noise. the back would be even quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and next time be sure to ask for a room that faces the back. It is such a pretty view this time of year with the trees changing colors. Whether it is for a hot breakfast (we do a Continental breakfast at the hotel) or for a hot chocolate you can take an easy stroll in the crisp fall air to the diner that is just across our parking lot. The new Woodside Sports Complex is just a few minutes down the road from us if you want to take in a game. Fall is a beautiful time of year here in the New Lisbon area. Thanks again for writing and do visit us again! Michele.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night (July 6th) as a stop on our vacation. I had 2nd thoughts after reading a couple of the reviews on here. Whatever issues people had, I didn't see any of them. Everything was clean, beds were fine (even though I never sleep well in hotels), showers were nice and hot, pool was nice, and the continental breakfast was good and what you would expect for a continental breakfast. I like the little patio off the pool room as well. Even though the hotel is near the highway, the patio was peaceful. My only complaint the entire time I was there is the of the large family that was in the pool the night we were there. This family (it might have been two families) had about 12 kids ranging from toddlers to teenagers and they most of them seem to have very little respect for anybody else in the pool or hot tub. My kids didn't seem to care much though so I refrained from complaining and did my best to enjoy the water. All-in-all though, if I am every back in the area or passing through and need a place to stay, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Nothing special. Bring your own soap, shampoo and conditioner. Shower was old and the water never got real warm. New beds and pillows are needed but work for a quick stay. Decor is from the 1980s. Continental breakfast was ok, don't expect much.

• Stayed June 2013
Michele F, Guest Relations Manager at Travelers Inn Convention Ctr, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and I am puzzled about the comment about the toiletries. We certainly provide them at the hotel with our daily housekeeping and guests are always welcome to stop at the front desk and request any extra item they may need. We also keep a supply of pillows nearby that the front desk hands out if a guest requests more pillows. The hotel has an early Continental breakfast plus across our parking lot is MidState Cafe, a diner serving hot breakfast specials all day. Many of our guests tell us they have their coffee, donuts, juice, cereal etc. with us but stop by the diner to check out the daily specials. We hope you do visit with us again and do check with the front desk if you have any concerns during your stay. Thanks, Michele.
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We found the hotel to be clean and staffed by helpful staff. We utilized the banquet facility for two family gatherings over the weekend we were there and found it to be spacious and clean. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfy, continental breakfast was a bit lacking. Pool and hot tub were also nice. Our large family group all left the weekend pleased with the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Michele F, Guest Relations Manager at Travelers Inn Convention Ctr, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your warm review about our hotel and we would agree with you! It is a reasonably priced, reasonably well located hotel plus we now have the MidState Cafe just across our parking lot. You can try our Continental Breakfast or take a short stroll and visit a cozy diner with tasty home cooking and hot breakfast specials. We hope you visit us again soon! Thank you, Linda and Michele.
New Lisbon, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

If there were a negative rating I'd give it. Booked a wedding there and was totally embarrassed that the pool was green and had crap floating in it! Complained to desk, they closed it. Next day it was open and yet again the water was green! Let's not talk about how the night manager literally policed my entire wedding reception!!! I figure I paid for the use of the reception area and did not know that meant that not only would the manager wander about at free will disciplining guests, versus talking to me, but they let strangers in dressed in tank tops, cut offs and babies in diapers and brought them right to the buffet line that my husband and I had catered in!!!! NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS FACILITY!!! Finding roaches in the middle of the night was priceless!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. There have been changes at the hotel since you were last with us. New management personnel is in place, a more relaxed attitude is present at hotel events, and overall our guests are pleased with our services. We hope you will be able to visit us again and please feel free to contact Linda or Michele directly any time that we may be of service to you. Thank you again for the future opportunity of providing you with a pleasant experience.
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Arrived at the hotel at 5pm and my room wasn't even ready. I had to wait an hour for it to be cleaned. We had other people that stay here with us, one called months ago to reserve a room, upon arriving they had no record of the reservation. Another person kept calling to book a room for weeks up to our stay and they kept saying they were sold out. When we arrived we asked again if they had available rooms and they said, oh yeah we have plenty! Luckily(?) these people were able to get rooms. One of my friends rooms had a cockroach in it and every single thing was unplugged, lights, fridge, tv, a/c. One person's a/c didn't work and the staff didn't even care. They tried to blame it on the person staying in the room and told them to not mess with the settings.
I could go on and on about how terrible this place truly is but I've wasted enough time on them already. Please people, I know options are limited but stay somewhere else!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Michele F, Guest Relations Manager at Travelers Inn Convention Ctr, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and please know that in the past few months we are improving in all areas of the hotel. Our front desk staff which includes Deb, Jolene, Theresa, Hope, plus Linda and myself, are very interested in your comfort during your hgtel stay and we would be more than willing to follow up with you if any concerns are expressed to us. We hope you visit with us again in the near future. Thanks, Linda (Mgr) and Michele (Asst.Mgr.)

Been to Travelers Inn Convention Ctr? Share your experiences!