“Great Value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss Aire Motel

Swiss Aire Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Glarus
Swiss Aire Motel
Save Saved
You added Swiss Aire Motel to your Saves list
1200 Highway 69, New Glarus, WI 53574   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Glarus
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great value for the price. It was clean & comfortable. It has a fridge, microwave & coffee maker. Nothing fancy but everything you need. Close enough to town to walk and enjoy a great little town. Last year we stayed at the only hotel in New Glarus at 2x the price and it none of the above and the staff was not at all welcoming. Swiss Aire is where we'll be staying when we visit again great friendly place to stay. The AC was a bit noisy but they almost always are.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might want to ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed there and when we went to check in, the office was closed with a note on the door that said they would be back in an hour but no time that they left. Which was fine because we were earlier then we should have been, so we killed time in the city center. Check in was great the owner was wonderful and super nice and helpful. However the next night we went to the office to purchase beer and they were closed for the evening. It was 7pm, this would not have been that bad of an issue because hell we can purchase beer any where but the ice machine is in the office. We saw one other patron go to the office to get ice as well. Then we were told that there would be a breakfast Saturday and Sunday from 7-10am. We went to check out at 8:30 am on a Sunday and the door was locked tightly and they did not answer the door bell. The worse part of it was the whole inn was full and there were no vacancies. How can a business run this way? I was really hoping that a small business would be better and be willing to go above and beyond for their customers. :( They did not, when we take our next visit to New Glarus we will not be staying there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Don't listen to these other reviews. I have stayed at many hotels and motels and this is one of the best motels I have stayed at. It is even nicer than some hotels I have stayed at. The owners were nice and the room was clean on the weekends there is a small selection for breakfast. It was very secure and even though pets were allowed you would never know unless you saw them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Sign said "expect to be impressed"...I wasnt. It was a decent motel. Bathroom was updated with new tile. Room had a microwave and fridge which is nice. On the downside they only provided two pillows and bedspread was old. Towels were extremely cheap. Room had horrible stench of stale smoke (obvious it was a former smoking room). I'd definitely stay again due to convenience to downtown but think upgrading towels and bedding would greatly improve this motel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Yes, the Swiss Aire Motel is one block from the Sugar River Trail and five blocks from downtown, but a great location isn't a good enough reason to stay here. The walls were paper thin, which is especially unacceptable when there are three barking dogs staying next door, the uncomfortable beds made our bodies ache, and we were only given two tiny, flat pillows for the night– one pillow each. Overall a pretty disappointing experience. We will definitely return to New Glarus but never to the Swiss Aire Motel.

Room Tip: Request a room away from ones with pets.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these New Glarus hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is an older motor inn. Rooms are small. Furnishings are showing their age. No breakfast (not even coffee except for the vile stuff in the rooms). I never thought I'd find myself thinking this but it made me wish for a Super 8...or anything with some basic quality standards.

This property also falls flat when it comes to hospitality. Owner/managers made us feel like we were bothering them when we checked in (and again when we asked about dining options in town).

So why do they feel they can charge $100/night? Supply and demand. There's one other motel in New Glarus and a couple B&Bs and that's it. On my next stay, I'll drive 15 miles down the road to Monroe where they you get much more for the money--and they make you feel welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Minneaolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am not picky but this place was a let down. When I went to use the shower I was greeted with a bunch of hairs, all different shapes and sizes. If they can't even be bothered to pick the hairs out of the tub it makes you wonder what else they don't do. When I got in bed the smell of mildew was so strong I got up to open the window, only to discover that it was already open. I am guessing they knew the room stunk and left the window open to air it out. That was a little annoying because I had left my computer and other belongings in the room for several hours not knowing there was nothing but a screen keeping people out. If this place had been priced according to the value I wouldn't complain, but I felt it was priced too high for what you get.

Room Tip: maybe not all the rooms are mildewy but mine was bad, sniff them out first.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Swiss Aire Motel? Share your experiences!