“Keep your expectations low.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss Aire Motel

Swiss Aire Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Glarus
Swiss Aire Motel
You added Swiss Aire Motel to your Saves list
1200 Highway 69, New Glarus, WI 53574   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Glarus
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Keep your expectations low.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is an older motor inn. Rooms are small. Furnishings are showing their age. No breakfast (not even coffee except for the vile stuff in the rooms). I never thought I'd find myself thinking this but it made me wish for a Super 8...or anything with some basic quality standards.

This property also falls flat when it comes to hospitality. Owner/managers made us feel like we were bothering them when we checked in (and again when we asked about dining options in town).

So why do they feel they can charge $100/night? Supply and demand. There's one other motel in New Glarus and a couple B&Bs and that's it. On my next stay, I'll drive 15 miles down the road to Monroe where they you get much more for the money--and they make you feel welcome.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minneaolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am not picky but this place was a let down. When I went to use the shower I was greeted with a bunch of hairs, all different shapes and sizes. If they can't even be bothered to pick the hairs out of the tub it makes you wonder what else they don't do. When I got in bed the smell of mildew was so strong I got up to open the window, only to discover that it was already open. I am guessing they knew the room stunk and left the window open to air it out. That was a little annoying because I had left my computer and other belongings in the room for several hours not knowing there was nothing but a screen keeping people out. If this place had been priced according to the value I wouldn't complain, but I felt it was priced too high for what you get.

Room Tip: maybe not all the rooms are mildewy but mine was bad, sniff them out first.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We really enjoyed this perfect stop between historic New Glarus, New Glarus Brewery and Sugar River State Park. Cute mini golf also down the road (we will have to try that next time).
The couple that own this place put their heart into making your stay comfortable. Clean and modern rooms for a good price and a light breakfast on the weekends.
We were 500 feet from the bike trail and could walk to town. We were very very happy. The room was right on the road, but the noise was not noticable at all.

I would highly recommend this to families!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
West Lafayette, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The Swiss Aire Motel is a small, family-run motel that retains the simple charm of old-timey motor courts. My husband and I stayed here during a recent visit to New Glarus. The property was clean, and we liked being near the Sugar River Trail and downtown New Glarus. The property owners were friendly and gave very helpful suggestions for the best restaurants in New Glarus.

Rooms do face the highway, and we needed to keep the A/C on at night to avoid hearing traffic noise. This is a no-frills hotel, but we enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone looking for easy access to the attractions of New Glarus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Marshfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were travelling with 2 other couples and decided to stay in New Glarus for the night. I did my research and decided on this hotel because the reviews were favorable. I had called the day before to check on availability and prices. I was told a price which included a 10% discount but when I called the next morning to reserve 3 rooms I was informed there was no discounts on weekends. The 3 rooms we reserved were supposed to be in the same building but when we got there 2 of the rooms were in the building in back...it is a cheap and poorly built area in need of updating. The air conditioning unit was so loud and would go on and off all night. The beds were uncomfortable as well. For this we paid $110...way too much for such a mediocre motel. Needless to say we would never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these New Glarus hotels

Marco Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Been coming here for about 10 years.great little swiss city.Bike trails/golf/great food
Would not stay anywhere else.Local family--super nice
No fancy motel--but perfect old time feel
Walk to town!!--Bakery a morning must!!
Best dinner in town--ask Tracy for directions!!

Room Tip: king size bed
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cascade, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is a great, clean, friendly motel in the friendly town of New Glarus. Eric and Tracy Gobeli, are wonderful hosts offering suggestions on where to eat. We went with another couple on a weekend motorcycle trip and had a wonderful time in New Glarus where the folks are very friendly. Thanks to Eric and Tracy for a very relaxing evening at your beautiful property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
#3 of 3 in Mount Horeb
3.0 of 5 stars 80 reviews
Super 8 Verona / Madison Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Been to Swiss Aire Motel? Share your experiences!