“Good Food. Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

262-432-3000
Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 52 restaurants in New Berlin
Palmyra, Wisconsin
“Good Food. Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Private group met upstairs for Saturday long event. Wait staff was very efficient. All 12 of us had various things from the menu. I had the wings, and they were excellent HUGE wings. Also tried the soup and sandwich, although the soup was very unremarkable the half Rueben was very very good. Everyone in our group seemed to comment how great their food was. The Pizza was very good as were the burgers for those who chose them commented.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

68% Recommend
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We got into town late on a Friday night and wanted to find somewhere close to our hotel to have dinner. We found the Charcoal Grill, and we were very happy with the food. The soup was wonderful, it tasted homemade, and the bowl was enough for a meal in itself! The half order of nachos was the size of a full order other places. I had the Reuben burger, which I thought was a great concept. I liked being able to put the fixings on myself, but the lettuce and pickles had obviously been out there too long and were getting wilted. The prices were alright considering the large portions. The service was just adequate. We got our food in a timely manner, delivered by someone other than our server, and our server came over a while later to check on us, but in between I had to go find someone in order to get some ketchup. We were also a little put off that the first parking lot is for the banquet hall, so we parked there and were then told we had to go up the hill to the restaurant entrance, on a snowy, slippery night. We later saw the sign for the restaurant parking, but it was not clearly marked where we pulled in.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“This place has a little bit of everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have eaten at the Charcoal Grill and Rotisserie three times. The first time we met lifelong friends and had burgers and fries. We really had a good time with our friends, and the burgers were so tasty. The second time, my husband had a burger and I had the fish fry, and we were satisfied again. Today we went there for lunch. We both had sandwiches which came with a choice of fried potatoes or onion strings. Once again, the food was very good, but it was a bit heavy for lunch. It would be nice to be able to substitute vegetables for the fries. I didn't ask about this, so am not sure if this can be done or not. The menu does have soups, a soup and 1/2 sandwich combo, and several salads, and these might have been better choices for lunch.

Servers have always been friendly. Today's server was a bit inattentive, bringing ketchup to our table half way through our meal, and not checking about drink refills until she brought the check. On the other hand, she did not interrupt us repeatedly while we were eating, as happens at some restaurants.

The Charcoal Grill is a place that I would recommend. It is always busy, and food is served quickly. It's a great place to get together with friends for a good time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“DONT GO HERE - SAVE YOUR MONEY!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We went there last night because it is very close to our house and I thought they had a good selection for a Friday Fish Fry. Service was horrible. Food was gross. The baked fish was like rubber and didn't flake away. Its like it was sitting under a heat lamp because it had a hard film on the fish.
My husband and I left feeling ripped off and it was the worst dining experience we've ever had!!
I will NEVER GO BACK!
I am only giving them 1 star (though this place doesn't even deserve that).

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Yummalicious variety!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I love going here! No matter type of food you are craving, the huge menu selection has it covered! My faves are the Bacon wrapped waterchestnuts, baby back ribs and stone fired pizzas. They have a nice sized bar and cocktail variety as well. Good & timely service too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere