J&J is a time-machine taking us back to a better, simpler time. It's a General Store, with lots of collectibles. There are often a strange & interesting assortment of guests who linger long and leave with smiles & BBQ sauce on their faces. The prices are RIGHT! This place offers the best Brisket and Ribs this side of Kansas City. I had a sandwich and bought and pound and a half of Brisket to light up some home-made chilli. The BBQ beans were a lively mixture of tender beans and pulled pork. The slaw was interesting (could use a dash of horseradish!) The sauces were memorable. If you hunger for BBQ go to J & J's. Don't forget the smoked fish!
J&J's is a 5 STAR listing for UU BBQ Mystics!
5 SIGNS OF GREAT BBQ: *****
1. You can smell it before you see it (smoked on-site)
2. At least 1 belt buckle pointing at the floor.
3. People leave with smiles & BBQ sauce on their faces.
4. The sides are good and don't come out of cans.
5. They know how to smoke more than one kind of meat.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.