“Great Supper Club - Very Reasonable” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
WI
“Great Supper Club - Very Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I really enjoy supper clubs, for the pre-dinner drinks, soups/salads, and steak and seafood. We heard about this place, which has changed hands a number of times and is under new ownership. We were the first guests of the evening on a Friday night. We were immediately impressed with the beautiful view of Lake Petenwell. We were treated to a great view of the sunset as we dined. While we could have enjoyed a nice Wisconsin fish fry we opted to order something different. No entree was more than $20, and most were priced below amounts common in this area. I ordered the scallops and the smoked gouda risotto, and hubby had NY Strip. No salad bar, but choice of soup or salad. Hubby had clam chowder and I had french onion soup. They say all items but two are made from scratch. We were very happy. The NY Strip was the best we have had in Central WI, and the scallops were good as was the risotto - although very rich. We would definitely go back. You can't beat the price nor the view. We did not note any problems that some other reviewers have shared - place was clean, staff was very friendly, and we were charged appropriately. Can't wait to go back with a group of friends for dinner, or Sunday bloody marys, or for lunch. If you go on a Friday or Saturday night, go early or be ready to wait.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Richfield, Wisconsin
“Disappointed :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My group was pleasantly surprised when we walked in. AWESOME Bloody Marys! Compliments to the bartender!! He was very personable and entertaining. Because of him, we decided to stay for dinner. VERY disappointed! Paid extra for the french onion soup which was absolutely terrrible! No....not just my pallet, but everyone else that ordered it, couldnt eat it either. Canned soup would have been better. Service was so, so. Dinner was mediocre. Not worth the price! Beautiful location! They capitalized on the windows for the view. Windows were dirty and we were battling flies during our entire. dinner. Sorry... I really dont complain a whole lot. Think they have a diamond in the rough and need to change chefs, and do a bit of clean up...Could be a great place....

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rome, WI
“Favorite new Supper Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

No place like this in the area. Ben there a few times now, just down the road from our cabin. So glad to see professional proprieters have taken over and cleaned the place up. Much detail has ben taken; from the white linen table clothes, the upscale but affordable menu, the professional staff, to the Baby Grand Piano in the dining room. We hurry up north on Fridays just to get there in time for the Fish Fry. Everyone we talk to just raving about their experience dining. Cant wait to return.

Visited September 2013
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The bartender tried to charge us twice for drinks at the bar. It's a white tablecloth established that's trying to be something their not. My wife had a tenderloin and it was very good. It was cooked properly to order and aged. Priced reasonably. I had the crab cakes. It was not as advertised on the menu. They were deep fried and over cooked on the outside, mushy on the inside. I asked for more dipping sauce and I was informed it was a ramulade sauce, in a rude manner like I just got off the bus. Dinner and drinks with the tip was just under $60. If you try them out, get the steaks.

Visited September 2013