“Best in Necedah!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Necedah
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The Reel Inn offers a variety of cuisine. Gourmet meals with casual prices. Family fun atmosphere for all ages. Including a RV Campground and Log Lodge suite resort.
Chicago, Illinois
“Best in Necedah!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My family has been to Necedah for snowmobiling, ice fishing, hunting, etc. and we have never had a chance to stop at the Reel Inn. Having tried all the other restaurants/bars in the area my wife and I have officially deemed the restaurant as our favorite. The atmosphere is very "homey" with great service and even better food. My wife absolutely LOVED the ribeye and my ribs were out of this world. The owner waited on our table and was very friendly and made sure all of our needs are met. we also booked a week in their lodge after the owner gave us a tour! definitely a recommendation!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Madison, Wisconsin
“Neat Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

My family and I stopped at The Reel Inn while visiting family in Necedah. We were greeted with big smiles and warm personable atmosphere. The food was Delish, I love the Bathrooms and there is plenty to do for the kids with the games while we waited for our Dinner. The salmon was Superb! My husband thoroughly enjoyed his Ribeye steak. We will definitely be back on our next visit

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Waukegan, Illinois
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed a few nights and Necedah and thought we would try dinner here. A very nice place. The food was excellent and plentiful. The owner waited on us and was very friendly, as was the rest of the staff.

Visited October 2013
Racine, Wisconsin
“What?! I can't hear you! Just eat!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Waited quite awhile for the waitress to bring the menu. The restaurant has many tables, booths in the main dining area but they are very close together. There is a large bar in the same area making the room very noisy. I ordered the French dip sandwich. It took quite awhile but the quality was excellent. The meat was very tender and flavorful, the bun very fresh and the French fries were plentiful, (although they don't "come" with the order (potato chips). The price is added to the sandwich.) I also included a trip to the salad bar with my meal, but found it lacking in the basics (no croutons for the salad, no cottage cheese, very few pastas, and the vegetable soup was mostly broth). I'd stick to ordering just the sandwich next time. It's also too bad the restaurant isn't cleaner. The walls could use a fresh coat of paint and some cohesive decorations. Some odd screen paintings hanging from the ceiling and an old fishing pole with lures. There appears to be some ongoing construction. One of the sinks in the ladies room was "out of order" and this area could also use a thorough cleaning. I found it odd that a bus girl brought a huge dish pan along with her to each table asking if the patrons were finished with a plate or a cup. (Couldn't she have just asked and taken the item to the kitchen area without hauling the giant dish pan along with her?) The same bus person repeatedly kept coming out and asking if patrons were finished with this or that. This made the patrons feel rushed. There is an addition that can be reached from a door outside or through a hallway. It includes a bar, stage for a band, and wooden picnic tables, but I don't think it operates as a restaurant because there were people smoking inside. I would recommend eating at the Reel Inn with a group of friends but I don't think it makes for a very intimate place to dine as a couple due to the high noise level.

• Visited October 2013