“great polish cuisine, friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Necedah
Cuisines: Polish
Necedah, Wisconsin
“great polish cuisine, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We go there often for the great breakfast, red potatoes, polish sausage. Lunch and supper has been great too. Especially enjoy the pig roasts and pulled pork sandwiches. We have had really good steaks there too! Sometimes the wait in the summer is annoying but I hear they will be expanding the kitchen. The staff has been attentive and friendly whenever we have been there. Cozy place. Will be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The food wasn't very good. I asked for a recommendation among 3 and it was a dry bbq sandwich. I had to wait 10 minutes for a drink refill and someone at our table had to flag the waitress down, and it wasn't even busy. Décor is nice though. I'd give them another chance if we're back in town.

Visited December 2013
Mauston, Wisconsin
“Great food, especially Polish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Have been going here for three years. The food has always been very good. Had their breakfast for the first time(Polish sausage, eggs and potatoes) and this is hands down the best breakfast in the area. Eggs were done perfectly, and I'm a stickler. Occasional slow service. Great beer menu(lots of micros and polish/german choices)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Demotte, IN
“Worth The Wait! Mark it "DELISH"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

While I will agree that the wait time was a little long, the food we received on a Saturday night was excellent. My husband & father-in-law were looking for pierogi that reminded them of ones like grandma made. They loved them! They also had the Country Polish Platter which was a full plate of good food. I opted for a Buckhorn Burger which arrived hot off the outdoor grill on a nice soft bun cooked to medium rare perfection. Our waitress, Kim, was attentive even though she was running between a lot of tables. Jerry, the owner, came to our table to personally apologize for the wait. I found the atmosphere good, the staff friendly, and the food excellent. If you are pressed for time on a busy Saturday night, you might try somewhere else. But if you are willing to have some patience, you won't be disappointed with the Buckhorn Café. Yummy!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Has potential but doesn't have it all together!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We went for the fish fry, I ordered walleye which was excellent and my husband ordered cod fried and received broiled. Didn't complain because took long enough to get our food. My 2 kids both ordered grilled cheese and one was half cooked with white cheese and the other had yellow cheese, why aren't they using the same type cheese for a simple grilled cheese sandwich, major fail on those. The French fries look like they came straight from freezer and no whole pieces just tiny bits and pieces, also the mashed potatoes are instant and floating in butter. Like I said this place had a lot of potential they just need to get all on same page and get it together.

• Visited September 2013