“Unique experience with great food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Bakeries
Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Minneapolis
“Unique experience with great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The setting is an old farmhouse (1800s?) turned into a cute little cafe. Outdoor seating lets you see the chickens wandering around the property, or you can sit inside. We went for breakfast and they have an array of coffee drinks and alcohol (bloody mary, etc.). Their bakery items look amazing (although I was too full to try them). I had an omelet, which was hearty and delicious. Great ingredients, simple but flavorful food. My only two concerns: they charge around $5 to split a plate, and the service was very slow.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Very country like establishment with great homemade bakery and wonderful coffee and teas.

Visited May 2012
“such a wonderful place out in the country but mins from the city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our first experience here and we loved it. We both had the special, grilled turkey with tomato, pepper jack and avocado - along with a salad - we had a hard time finishing it. The tea and lemonade was wonderful too. I also bought a carrot cake for a birthday party on Wednesday because their bakery was mouthwatering beautiful !

• Visited June 2012
Racine, WI
“Yummy Eats Amidst Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Other reviewers have mentioned the chickens and hens roaming around the grounds of The Gingerbread House, but for my three friends and I, the food and its presentation was super. Two of us had the cobb salad. Wow! Huge plate of goodies with excellent presentation. Neither friend was able to finish her serving. The Italian sandwich was also very good, as commented on by my Italian friend. I had the tuna melt which oozed flavor and went down quickly. Before we were served, I got up to inspect the bakery/dessert case. Oh my. Watch out!
We all ordered desserts AND bought treats to take home. My almond scone the next morning was still flavorful and fresh. I had to exclaim to our wonderful waitress that the coffee tasted so good. And, I asked, where is it from? She replied, from Madison, Ancorra Coffee Co. (I hope I spelled it right.). Afterwards, fun ensued upstairs in the Gift Boutique. Don't hesitate people.
Treat yourself and others to this restaurant...SOON!

• Visited May 2012
Hales Corners
“Gingerbread House is heavenly delicious and full of nostalia!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

This place is awesome, the food is great and the atmoshere is relaxing and serene, takes you back to a time when life was simpler and relaxed. I love the Gingerbread house. From the bakery to their weekend breakfast and daily sandwiches and dinners you will not find better! The Friday night Fish Fry is fantastic!
The staff is friendly, and do special orders whenever requested, I come often for a skinny latte and the great experience!
I have visited for breakfast on the weekend, coffee in the AM, lunch in the afternoon and Friday night fish and I have nothing but praise for this establishment!
Way to go Gingerbread House!!!!

• Visited April 2012