“Overpriced and not terribly comfortable” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   945 Greenwald Court, Mukwonago, WI 53149 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mukwonago
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Overpriced and not terribly comfortable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I expected the experience at the Sleep Inn to be better. We generally found the hosts at the front desk to be warm and welcoming, but the room was among the most mediocre in which I've ever stayed.

When we got to the room, we found the window open. Perhaps no one else finds that odd, but given the concentration so many hotels have on security, I found it strange to find a first-floor window open.

The room was quite clean, although my wife found a spider on the pillow when she turned down the bed.

The room was odd. It was small, which wasn't what I was expecting for a hotel in the middle of the country. Almost all the lighting is fluorescent, so it isn't a very warm feeling room. The bed was weird--it couldn't have been more than two feet off the floor and the mattress was one of thinnest and least comfortable I've slept on. The size of the room, the tiny bed and the bad lighting made me feel like I was crashing in someone's dorm room, which might have been fine had the room been cheap, but we paid more for this room than we paid the next evening for the four-star Hilton in downtown Milwaukee!

The icing on the cake was the next morning, the housekeeper just entered our room without knocking. Luckily we had the chain set, but wouldn't you think the first lesson of housekeeping is to knock first?

I found this an uncomfortable lodging experience, both physically and mentally. I thought I'd find a clean, comfortable, spacious and charming hotel in Mukwanago, but instead it was just a bit unsettling and awkward.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I stayed at the Sleep Inn for a week recently. The hotel and hotel room were clean. The amenities were very good (indoor pool and jacuzzi, continental breakfast, high speed internet, additional restaurants within walking distance, safe in hotel room, iron and ironing board, blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner etc., flat screen tv, good lighting, desk work area). In addition, there was a large assortment of items for a continental breakfast. Water pressure in showers was beyond excellent. The owners and housekeeping were very kind and the customer service was above average - I needed my boarding passes printed the morning I left and they did that for me. If I needed anything extra (towels etc) - no problem. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I had ants and mildew in my room and when I approached the front desk, the manager said it was because I was a slob and had food all over. The first day we had NO FOOD or DRINKS! Then he continued to say he was in my room and tried to look in the corner where the ants were and couldn't do anything about it because we had a suitcase full of clothes there. So I continued to ask why he was in my room, I had the sign up that said DO NOT DISTURB! I also never told him there was ants, so he was checking for something that was already a problem! But blaming me! He said he got a call to fix the toilet! We never called about the toilet! So he had no reason to be in our room! When I told him we had NO food, he then said it was because we had clothes all over. I said really! You are saying my clothes are that dirty or whatever to cause ants! REALLY! No, nothing I did caused the ants. Our pillows had mildew, luckily we brought our own! The man, instead of apologizing about the situation, he screamed at me and when off about my family and friends! Which we had tons of rooms and were supporting his butt! He should be appreciative, anyways, I called the cops on him!!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not stay here
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Mukwonago hotels

Racine, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE! The management is beyond rude. They do not have enough staff to keep up with the place and this is even from the manager's mouth himself. They do not have enough towels for the rooms and the pool. Most of the rooms had dirty bathrooms. Some of the rooms have ants in them. When we complained, the manager said "You are all filthy pigs, that's why you have ants." He also informed us that he was snooping in our rooms when we were at my brother's wedding. In all, one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. Drive the extra few miles to Waukesha or East Troy. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! We had to call the cops in the end!!!!! The police even said that they are called there at least once per week because of the manager.

Room Tip: Stay in East Troy or Waukesha. DO NOT STAY HERE!!
  • Stayed May 2011
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

This was the most miserable experience at a hotel that we've ever had. The front desk clerk and manager are extremely disrespectful and literally yelled at us, the customer, because our kids wanted to swim and they wanted to charge us extra for this. The room smelled like dirty socks and the bedding was dingy and wrinkled like someone else just used it and it wasn't changed over. There was a leftover pubic hair on the lotion bottle. Believe the other reviews you see here. Boost the American economy and stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bryson City, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a family reunion. We stayed here because of the location and because Sleep Inns are generally fairly nice. This hotel is awful. The carpet in the hall was dirty. The carpet in the room was dirty, The room smelled like someone had been cooking curry in it. Had to borrow spray from my sister who also had to spray her room. The corners of everything were dirty, the shower door/frame was moldy and just in general filthy. The towels were dingy and when we took them to the front desk for new ones the ones we got were even worse. The sheets were full of stains and even if they were clean you felt they weren't. The mattress was old and worn out. You could feel the springs in it. My husband had a shoulder ache every day from it. The breakfast wasn't worth going for. We went the first morning looking forward to a nice little breakfast. There was one apple in each of the three baskets, no yogurt, only powder creamer, sour milk(as it wasn't on ice just sitting on the counter), the jelly bottles had mold in them and when we showed the attendant they got upset with us!! I could go on and on but needless to say we went out for breakfast after that it wasn't worth taking a chance of getting sick. The pool was ok, however it did need cleaned, lots of dirt settled in the corners. Hot tup was the same way. They will price gouge you too. We had every family member paying anywhere from 80.99 to 129.99 a night for the same room. Heard a couple come in late saturday eve looking for a room and the manager told them the price was based on supply and demand. No standard prices just whatever they think they can get. So, DON'T stay here its only good point is the location. I'd drive 60 miles for a clean room before I stayed here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here to do work on our daughter's house, We would be painting and cleaning from sun up until night. The first thing I noticed on this 89 degree day, was that the entire building upon entry is not air conditioned! So we get to our room and I tell my husband I will be asleep in 5 minutes, as we were both exhausted. About 2 hours later, the compresser on the air conditioner (each room has their own) started up and sounded like an airplane taking off. This kicked on about every 22 minutes. My husband was so tired he slept through it until he had gotten about 4 hours of sleep then it kept waking him up. This is extremely loud and hard to describe. When I told the manager, he acted like I was crazy and was very disrespectful. Also the price I got was $10 more per night then what I was told on the phone just one night before. The manager got in a verbal argument with me and had very poor management skills.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!