“Nice Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   945 Greenwald Court, Mukwonago, WI 53149 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mukwonago
Wisconsin
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2007

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it seemed nice. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable and had extra pillows. They have a good pool area with a larger-than-average hot tub which was very relaxing. The only complaints I would have are that the TV in the room was very small for a hotel room (I think a 19") and the cream cheese that was available in the morning with the free breakfast was just sitting out, not refrigerated. The milk for the cereal didn't seem very cold either. The owner was there working most of the weekend and he seemed very nice also. The other staff members that we encountered all seemed pleasant as well.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. First, it was over priced - $300 per night. For the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin, this is outrageous. Second, we should have been able to check in at 2:00. Instead we had to wait until after 4. Another group we were with did not get into their room until after midnight. Third, after multiple requests for the cleaning service, our room was not cleaned our entire stay. We had to go to the front desk for clean towels every day. The staff was rude and not even apologetic for this poor excuse for a hotel. Save yourself some money and sleep in your car instead!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Mukwonago hotels

Chicago,IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

My friend and I were going to two concerts at Alpine Valley (Rage Against the Machine on Friday and Dave Mathews on Saturday) so we needed a place to stay Friday night. Alpine Valley is in the middle of nowhere and hotels are few and far between. Sleep Inn was charging $250 a night for a hotel room when we called them and said that they only had one room left. Not at all happy but being out of options we took their "last room". The hotel was just terrible. The staff was unfriendly and rude and our room was terrible. We thought for that price we would at least be able to get two beds and a room that was nicely aired out. The room reeked with this terrible musty smell and the bathroom door didn't close properly. The hotel charged us $20 additional dollars for shuttle service to and from the concert venue. The shuttle bus ended up being a mini van and the shuttle service consisted of driving us until half a mile away from the venue and telling us to walk the rest of the way in the pouring rain. For the shuttle back we had to walk even farther, wait for 30 minutes and somehow fit 11-12 people into a van that is supposed to fit 6. I have had worse experiences but for $250 +$20 the service should have been way better!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Ramon, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2007

I would never stay at this hotel again and I encourage everyone to find another place to stay. Upon arrival our room had feces in the toilet and hair in and around the outside of the shower. The would not clean it immediately either. The breakfast there is disgusting, stale bagels, old muffins, cereal with room temp milk sitting out in 1 inch of ice, & watered down orange juice. The hallways were unsafe with wood and equipment out causing a hazard. The pool was closed for refurbishment and this info was not given out prior to our arrival nor posted on the website. All very dissapointing to us and our kids. The people employed at the front desk know nothing and can not address any concerns, all they can do is pass info along to the rude owners. We left immediately along with our family in other rooms. The place stinks, is dusty and dirty and I would have rather been camping, it would have been a cleaner place to stay. Above all, the owners are rude and will not properly address concerns brought to their attention. Stay here at your own risk.

Stayed May 2007
Dublin, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

Our family booked 3 rooms for several nights for a family wedding. SO MANY THINGS WENT WRONG! When we arrived, not only did they have us down for checking out on the wrong dates, they also did not have the adjoining room that we were promised. They claimed due to "water damage" they were all out of order. We had booked the rooms in January, and called to confirm our reservations and requests, 3 days prior to our arrival--no one told us an adjoining room would not be available. We went into our room to find it smelling of smoke and cheap perfume (even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room), so we switched rooms. Then, they couldn't find the mattress for the crib we had also asked for months in advance. By this time, we were all very upset and asked to talk to a manager, the front desk person got the manager on the phone for us. I told him about our dissappointments. He was the most rude, unprofessional manager I had ever come in contact with. He told me that there was nothing he could do for us that night, that we could use a blanket on top of the hard crib wooden board for my baby. He said that "adjoining" didn't mean that they connected, only that they were next to each other!? He said that he didn't like my attitude and that I should check out tomorrow. Then, his wife got on the phone, and screamed at me to "GO TO BED". I told her that we wanted to, but I didn't have a place for my baby to go to sleep! My sister checked in later that night to find feces in the toilet, and dust on the tv. The next morning we went to the "continental breakfast". It was nasty-- only dry, stale bread and cereal. A milk container sitting in an inch of ice (not enough to keep all the milk cold). No one was there to clean up or replenish the breakfast. There was no fruit or eggs, as promised on the phone when we inquired as to what the breakfast was like. The pool was also under construction, no one informed us that this would be happening during our stay. Also, the refridgerator in our room was not close enough to an outlet to be plugged in, there was an extension cord, but it was a 2 prong outlet and the fridge was a 3 prong cord. We quickly found a WAY BETTER hotel in East Troy (about 15 mins away), (the Country Inn and Suites--soooo beautiful and nice), they even matched the rate of the Sleep Inn, Mukwonago, because they could see how unhappy we were. I have contacted "Choice Hotels" Customer Relations, and have asked for a refund for the one night we stayed. I have yet to hear back. The Sleep Inn lost over $1000 dollars worth of business from our family. I suggest to AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ANY COST!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything, especially the rude manager.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Madison
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2007

My sister is getting married in the Mukwonago area, so we stopped in last week to get some information on booking some hotel rooms for the weekend of her wedding. We were greeted rudely by a woman at the front desk and when we inquired about booking some rooms for the wedding, she had the balls to laugh at us! She informed my sister and I that they do not allow a large number of their rooms to be booked ahead of time even though we offered to pay for the rooms on the spot that day. She then referred to us as "little girls" (we're in our mid-20's) and told us she could not help us. It seemed like she didn't want to rent us any rooms at the hotel. She then explained that she was "just trying to help" but that she couldn't help us. I sent a complaint letter to Choice International Hotels, the chain that owns Sleep Inn and was given an apologetic letter along with a promise that the Sleep Inn of Mukwonago would be sending me a letter as well. Sure enough, today I receive a letter from Bharat Shah, the Manager of the Sleep Inn of Mukwonago that basically told me the entire situation didn't occur and reminded me that "we cannot accommodate your needs" and "I do find it difficult to believe that the lady referred to you as little girls. She would have been simply trying to help and explain the situation to you." What situation? We were just trying to book rooms for a wedding?!! I would never rent a hotel room at this particular hotel nor will I be renting from any Choice International Hotel. You get what you pay for, and with this hotel you get a cheap rate, a cheap staff and cheap customer service.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The incompetant staff
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
East Troy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

On Saturday September 16, 2006 I rented the 'party room' (may also be known as the conference room) at the Sleep Inn in Mukwonago, WI for my daughter's 14th birthday party at the rate of $149.99 per night. We arrived at 2:00pm, the condition of the room left much to be desired, the sliding bathroom door did not close, the chairs in the room were soaked, and there were bugs in the bathroom and in two corners of the main room. I contacted the front desk clerk about our concerns she indicated that she would notify the manager when he arrived. I contacted the desk later that evening and she indicated that the manager had not yet arrived and that there was nothing she could do. The next morning as I was loading up my vehicle I was confronted in the hallway by the manager. He indicated that my daughter and/or her friends had damaged two table covers the previous evening and that I would be charged for them. I asked him when this happened and did he know for sure the damage was caused by the girls in our room and he indicated that they were not like that the previous day and it had to be the girls that did the damage. I told the manager that if the girls had caused damage that I would address it and would take care of it. I then asked him about our room concerns and he just walked away. When I went to check out of the room (10:16am), the manager told me that 'my kind' was not welcome in his hotel and I should not return. His exact words were "we don't want your kind here, you are not welcome back at this hotel." I am a Hispanic female. He then proceeded to tell me that he was charging me $200 for the table covers, yes, that was in addtion to the $149.99 for the filthy room with the wet seats, bugs and bathroom door that wouldn't close. I asked him how he came up with that figure and he indicated that the charge is for a complete new set as they are a matched set. The table covers are 4' square pieces of vinyl with a ¼" sewn edge. I told him that it was unfair to charge me for a complete set when there were only two covers damaged and he could not confirm that my girls were the ones that had caused the damage. Because of his racist remarks and blatant attempt to take advantage of me I was no longer willing to pay for damages that he could not prove were made by the girls staying in my room. I told him that I would not authorize the $200 charge. When I asked him why he never addressed my concerns about the condition the room was in when I checked in the previous morning he stated "it's a party room it's supposed to be like that" At 11:15am I returned to the hotel with my husband, we photographed the covers and noticed that all 5 covers were aged, soiled through the back & the vinyl fabric on top was ripped or nicked in several areas on all covers. I had then asked the manager if he had charged his previous customers for damages as it was obvious that there was 'damage' to the other 3 covers as well. He did not respond. He once again made reference to not wanting 'my kind' in his hotel. After searching the Internet I found at least one other client of this hotel with similar complaints, it appears that this owner makes a habit of providing poor accommodations and attempting to over charge their customers. Buyer beware, I know it's not always possible to check out the establishment before you stay there but do your research before you book. Had I seen the other reviews online I would have opted for another hotel in the area.

• Stayed September 2006
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!