“Excellent small town brewery” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Local Brewery featuring 12 of our own beers on tap and many award winning. Many local food offerings and full bar. Daily specials include Friday FishFry and Sat Prime Rib. 2Nd floor is home to Pizzeria and full bar with many large screens for the games.
Madison, WI
“Excellent small town brewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Met my brother and his family at the Grumpy Trowl in Mount Horeb, Wisconsin for dinner. Great variety on the menu of starters, burgers, sandwiches and soups with recommended brews to go with many of the items. My Italian wrap was HUGE! Several had burgers that looked amazing. Also nice atmosphere with wood floors and booths.

Mt Horeb WI
“Grumpy by Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Grumpy Troll is a small but inviting place to enjoy in house brewed beer, really inviting dishes and a wonderful wait staff, owner and cooks. Grump chips w/gorgonzola dip, black bean soup, troll burger, just a few of my favorite things. The menu isn't overly large but what they offer is all really good, I haven't found anything I don't like there yet and I have been going for a while..
From regular patrons to new visitors the Grumpy Troll is always quite busy especially on the weekends! Once you have experienced the Grumpy Troll you will be a returning patron. If you like small town welcoming places to enjoy a good meal I would suggest The Grumpy Troll in Mt. Horeb WI.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Illinois
“Fun bar to stop at”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our group didn't eat at Grumpy's, but we did stop for a couple brews before dinner. Definitely a fun bar and there were lots of folks enjoying dinner, so the food must be good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Union, Ohio
“Brewery! Appetizers! Do I need to say more? lol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nice place with a nice atmosphere. Very clean. They do not serve any other beer then what they brew so I ordered a Wild Turkey and Coke. No WT. I had to settle for Jim Beam instead. The appetizer platter was pretty good-- I recommend that.

Visited October 2013
DeKalb, Illinois, United States
“Terrible experience.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great name, because we all certainly left grumpy! We got the home-brewed root beer, and it was AWFUL! When our food came, the only thing that really stood out was the cheese curds, but hey, it's Wisconsin, so how could they screw those up? What they DID screw up that I was shocked about was the walleye. I paid $17 for a plate of walleye, and it was TERRIBLE. Soggy, awful flavoring. When we told the waitress that I was displeased with it, she said I should have told her sooner. I had waited until my son had finished eating before I started my own meal, since he was sitting in my lap (he is still a toddler). To be fair, she was pretty nice up until I had a complaint. I was just very disappointed that the walleye was so off. My husband also disliked his sandwich. The kids were happy, but they had Kraft mac & cheese. Disappointed that we dropped $70 on this meal.

• Visited October 2013