“Nice clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gasthaus Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monroe
Gasthaus Motel
You added Gasthaus Motel to your Saves list
Monroe, WI   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Monroe
north west wisconsin
“Nice clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here with our friends on motorcycle trip for one night. It is a little family owned motel that is very well kept up. Our rooms were very nice and clean and the owners were very nice and recommend restaurants to eat supper at. Which were also very good. I would recommend this motel to anyone and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here for one night ...other motels in town were full. It has good points and bad points. The bad...no breakfast at all , just coffee maker in room. Smells of pets and something ,not sure maybe smoke from the smoker rooms on the other side.. There is just a smell I cant identify. Since there is no breakfast we thought it was a bit expensive. $69.95 plus tax for 2 adults. The good...it is clean and quiet and has comfy beds. Good tv channel choices and good internet. You can park right at your door and walk right in which is nice after a long day !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Monroe, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were in the middle of moving and needed a place to stay for a week. The Gasthous was recommended to us. I would not recommend it. The sofa had holes and sagged. I was afraid to sit on the dining chair because they were so unstable. The bathroom did not have a clean feel to it.

The owners were not very friendly and the other employee that they have is not empowered to make any decisions and had to wait for the owners. The rooms are very old and need some updating.

I wish that we would have stayed at a different chain in town.

Also, please be aware that they charge the full amount to your card as soon as you check in and are not willing to refund if you need to modify your reservation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We were planning a trip for 9 couples traveling on motorcycles. My husband and I went a few weeks before to make all the final plans. Teresa and Randy were very helpful in making recomendations on what there was to do in Monroe. They also suggested some of the restauraunts in town that we really enjoyed.
Our rooms were spotless. The beds were very comfortable, and the price was great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I spend 9-15 nights a week at the Gasthaus in Monroe, WI. Randy & Teresa are the owners and the best people that you could imagine. I have stayed at most of the hotels within a 20 mile radius and come to realize that the Gasthaus is the most comfortable and best value for the money. I recommend the Gasthaus in Monroe to all of my friends and colleagues traveling to the area. Check it out, it's great.

Room Tip: Normal rates are lower than all surrounding hotels
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

The Gasthaus was one of the cleanest motels I've stayed in. The tiled bathrooms were great, and the microwave and refrigerator a welcome addition. The motel caters to people working in the lovely town of Monroe, so is very quiet, as most of the guests get up early and go to bed early. Also, the units seemed to have good sound-proofing.

I have 3 show dogs which are always crated when I'm not in the room , and wear belly bands and 'panties' when loose when I'm in the room, just to prevent accidents, most often caused by marking done by pets with irresponsible owners - I can't imagine leaving a ferret loose in the room, which a previous negative reviewer wanted to do! Not to mention ferrets have some scent that they leave. The negative reviewer with the Saint Bernard must be aware that traveling with one of the heavily-salivating breeds is a problem - what does he do to prevent the saliva from flying all over the place? I certainly don't want to stay in the room after he's been there.

As for cats, the owners have cats, and I'm sure are aware of cat allergies, which are fairly common and can be life-threatening. It's a little tough to get cat dander out of a motel room. People who travel with cats should be aware of this.

A unit with kitchen facilities was wonderful also, which I had on a second stay.

Also, I found the beds extremely comfortable.

The only suggestion for improvement would be to have wall-mounted hair dryers.

The owners had good suggestions for dining in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Even though I rented a dog-friendly room, when they found out that I had a St Bernard, they said I couldn't bring him. They told me this a few days before heading out and there was a one month cancellation policy for my room so I was stuck with it.

Outside of their poor business sense and lack of people skills, the room was mediocre. The mattress was bulged in the middle and I felt like I was going to fall out of bed all night.

I save some money next time and hit a budget hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Gasthaus Motel? Share your experiences!