“Really poor service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Monroe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is as small restaurant that packs people in. It has a small bar and you usually have to wait for a table. You can leave your number and they will call when a table opens up.The food is unbelievable. It's a place where other restaurant owners go to eat.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Really poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Sconie Burger - I was in Monroe last Thursday and my partner were looking for a place to eat. As we walked by the smell of the food was great and I had heard the place was really good. The hostess was nice at welcoming us, and our waitress was ok at first. We ordered the Sconie burger, priced at $12, and as I took a couple bites I told her it was def one of the best burgers I've ever had. Little did my joy last when I was trying the bland coleslaw and I FOUND A HAIR IN IT. I think if I were another type of person I would've freaked out, but I tried to be as discreet as possible giving my compliant, and it was handled SO POORLY. All she said was sorry and almost doubting, offered me another one. From the same batch that had a hair? No thanks. I was quite disappointed given all the reviews that this was handled so poorly. They charged me full price, didn't even offer to swap my meal, get a different one, get a discount, NOTHING. I wasn't looking for a free lunch, but I was looking to get my money's worth. Never going back

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Best place to eat in Monroe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was born and grew up in Monroe and I will admit I was always a bit disappointed with the restaurants in my town until this place opened! I would go so far as to say this restaurant is better than the majority of ones I go to where I live in urban Milwaukee. I would highly recommend the fish tacos! The seating area is limited by their space so plan for a short wait if you are dinning in, especially during peak hours.

I find the review by 'Smartybib' to be a bit unfair. As I said earlier the seating area at Pancho and Lefty's is limited in their small space, and several times I've (very happily) waited a while for a table to open on friday/saturday nights. To expect them to block off almost 20% of their seating during peak hours is not realistic and not fair to their other patrons. There was obviously some sort of miscommunication between you and the restaurant, but your expectations were unrealistic and your review is not an accurate depiction of the service at this place.

As someone who has been there several times I would highly suggest readers disregard 'Smartybib' and go try Pancho and Lefty's for themselves!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albany, WI
“Best Pulled Pork!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Love the atmosphere, the people who own it. Now the food! Yum Yum the best barbecue, but others love the Mexican and the mac and cheese is great

Visited January 2013
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had the combo platter: ribs, pulled pork and brisket and when our server asked which I liked best I had to answer "all of them!" The pulled pork was fantastic, not smothered in BBQ sauce but the moistest, most flavorful I've ever had! The brisket was not fatty at all, just a great cut of meat. The ribs... MMMMM!!! We don't always do dessert but the chocolate bread pudding was calling my name. It's not too sweet but eaten with the sweet whipped cream.... we were literally MMM-ing out loud!! The only downside is that the place is very small, but that won't stop us from planning trips to Monroe with the intention of eating at Pancho and Lefty's!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, Wisconsin, United States
“The best place to eat in Monroe, hands down.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Love, love love the grilled fish tacos. The Pig on Pig sandwich is awesome. Great nachos get a full order to share (very big). My wife always gets the chipolte burger. Daughter likes the quesidilla. Friendly atmosphere. Leave your cell # and stroll around the square, and they call you when your table is ready.

Visited January 2013