“Family Favorite for 20 years” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Monona, Wisconsin
“Family Favorite for 20 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I think I am biased when it comes to Fat Jacks. I have been coming here for 20 yrs and it holds a special place in my heart. Sometimes the food is cooked differently. I have been there and had the best experiences and had just ok ones. I LOVE the onion rings and could eat them all the time, if I have one last meal they would be on it along with the ribs. I have never found a spice mix like Fat Jacks. I love this place and I hope it's around for my children to enjoy!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great End to a Fantastic Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We had been on the road for the entire day and wanted something simple, satisfying and near the hotel. Fat Jacks fit the bill perfectly. My spouse had a Pulled Pork Dinner and I the Saturday Special Rack of Ribs, both excellent. Even though I prefer dry ribs, the barbecue sauce was tasty and the meat fell off the bones. We started with an order of Onion Rings - DO NOT FORGET TO GET ONION RINGS!!!! Thickly sliced sweat onions with just the right amount of batter cooked to perfection.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Whitewater, Wisconsin
“GREAT FOOD and SERVICE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

The ribs were incredible, as were the steak fries, coleslaw and beans. Our waitress was friendly, fun and helpful. They have a small but adequate salad bar and evrything looked very fresh. The prices were very reasonable and we'll definitely be back soon!

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

We had them cater our basketball banquet and it was probably the worst thing I have ever ate in my life. The chicken was extremely dry and salty, and the ribs were very tough and not appetizing at all. Overall I would never recommend this restraunt to anybody, it is a very bad place to eat at.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite restaurant in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

My husband and I have been big fans of Fat Jack's for years. We try to go on Fridays for the fish fry or Wednesdays for all-you-can-eat ribs. We always leave happy and full. Fat Jack's has a small town feel with the decor but the food is top-notch!

Always get the soup - they make it from scratch and it's delicious. My favorite is the cajun potato. Also, the cajun battered cheese curds are fantastic! They're gooey inside and have a light coating. They are perfect to dip in the bbq sauce.

My favorite entree is the sliced pork dinner; it comes with a choice of fries or baked beans or red beans/rice (I go with the baked beans), and a slice of garlic toast. The pork is always tender, juicy, and smokey.

My husband usually gets the fish (on Fridays) or a build-your-own combo with sliced pork and spare ribs. The ribs are super meaty and incredibly flavorful. These ribs are in a completely different league than Famous Dave's or Smoky John's - if you're craving ribs, you have to try Fat Jack's.

Lastly, the servers and owners are wonderful! They learn your names and are happy to see you return. I can't wait to visit them again the next time I'm in town.

• Visited April 2011