“What a disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

250 West Church Street, Mishicot, WI 53228   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mishicot
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2004

I was very disappointed with this resort as a whole. I reserved a romantic weekend away for my husband as a surprise but I was the one surprised. The hotel has an early 12:30 check in option which I requested and upon arrival after 3:00 I was told that our room was not ready. When we finally got into our room, it looked wonderful upon first glance. They gave us a bottle of champaign and a box of chocolates for our anniversary which was very nice. However, by the time we settled into our room, we both felt sick. The room was a smoking room, which we requested, but it smelled of wet, musty dog covered up with strong cleaners. The sofa was extremely uncomfortable!
The kitchen looked very outdated and, although there was a coffee maker, there was no coffee. The whirlpool tub in the bathroom had rusted through underneath, leaking water all over and not all of the jets were working. The Saturday night Prime Rib buffet was a huge let down. I was not impressed with the quality of food at all. The spa services were relaxing however I could have saved my money and simply used the resorts hot tub instead. The Sunday morning brunch was enjoyable. Unless you are a golfer, I would not recommend this resort.
There is nothing to do in the area so we ended up driving into Manitowoc for the day. We enjoyed getting away but could have simply stayed in Manitowoc for less and have had a much nicer time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2004

Initially we were very pleased with our room at the resort. We were disappointed with the restaurant and availability of restaurant service. We ended up leaving the hotel and having to drive a long ways for all of our meals. The shower did not have a proper shower curtain and found it impossible to take a shower to wash our hair for two days.

Travelers are raving about these Mishicot hotels

Brookfield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2004

I was very disappointed with this resort. We were booked in a "villa" due to the main lodge being sold out. The villa was a one room, hotel room with dirty carpets, low water pressure and no coffee maker. The hallway carpets were very worn. The whirlpool in the rec building was out of order, and the soda/snack machines were also. The Friday night buffet was not good, poor selection and poor quality. Our server was pleasant, as were the bartenders in the lounge. The lounge was comfortable and there was live entertainment Friday and Saturday night which was decent. The fitness center was very nice, high quality equipment in good working order. I would not stay at this property again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2004

I recently stayed at this Resort on a weekend special with my family, as a gift to my mother. First of all, we had a non-smoking room, but it smelled like an ashtray. Second, for having such a nice golf course, the resort is very outdated. And lastly, the hotel pool ended up closing due to flooding, so this left nothing to do. This used to be a very classy hotel, but it really has let itself go. We did eat at the hotel restaurant on Saturday evening for the buffet, the food was good, but the next morning for the Champagne brunch we saw a lot of leftovers from the night before. This is rather scary when you consider they want $12 a person for this buffet on Sunday! For the price you pay for a weekend at this resort, save your money and go somewhere else! This would be a nice resort during golf season though.

Been to Fox Hills Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fox Hills Resort

Address: 250 West Church Street, Mishicot, WI 53228
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Mishicot
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mishicot
Fox Hills Resort is a beautiful 500-acre resort in Mishicot that is home a variety of resort lodging accommodations, a fantastic golf course and many additional amenities. Located just a few miles from Lake Michigan, we offer a variety of fun amenities including an indoor pool, sauna and fitness club, outdoor tennis courts, miniature golf and weekend activities such as Saturday night bonfires. Our conference center and meeting rooms are ideal for events, meetings or workshops, and our gorgeous grounds make us a popular destination for weddings and receptions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your Fox Hills Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Fox Hills Hotel Mishicot
Fox Hills Mishicot

If you own or manage Fox Hills Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.