“Got my moneys worth” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Rothschild, Wisconsin
“Got my moneys worth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I liked the all the old things hanging on the walls the service was great and food tasted great I loved the chicken

Visited May 2012

54% Recommend
Arlington, Virginia
“Great for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We went to Paul Bunyan's for breakfast and arrived just before the line was really long. We only had to wait about 5 minutes at 9:30 am on a Friday. When we were leaving, the line was out the door so I recommend getting there early. I thought it was a good price for all you can eat. We paid about $42 for 4 adults. The breakfast started with the sugar doughnuts which were delicious. Shortly after, the rest of the food came. Our table was filled with scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, ham, sausage, kielbasa, pancakes, french toast, potatoes, coffee, milk, and juice. It is served family style. We had a great waitress who was very attentive, but not bothersome. We asked for seconds of some items and she quickly brought them out. Yes it is touristy, but I think the breakfast was fairly priced for all you can eat. We were definitely stuffed when we left and didn't need to eat lunch. I would definitely go back for the breakfast.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Standard fare, slow service--wouldn't bother if you have other options.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I think we enjoyed taking pictures outside the restaurant with the Paul Bunyan/Babe statues more than breakfast. Food was standard (eggs, toast, potatoes, sausage--but no bacon!!). Though that was very odd that they had no bacon. They had ham and 2 kinds of sausage. they also had doughnuts, which was nice, but we asked for more and she never brought them. Food was fine, but the waitress seemed to take a long time in getting us refills on food (and we only had one request for refill of anything).

It seems clear they are resting on their laurels on the history of their breakfast and things haven't been updated likely in decades. Price is acceptable, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go here as the breakfast is mediocre, at best. You can likely find a place that has better service and better food for cheaper down the road.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Charming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Food was good. We had the Supper Buffet. They serve you as much as you like.
Enjoyed hte Chicken & Baked Cod. The Spare Ribs were tough. Desert wasn't
anything to write home about just sheet cake.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wisconsin
“Tourist Trap but Part of the Charm.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

It sounds like the time to go is breakfast but we went for lunch. Food was alright. I got the all you can eat lunch special with breaded pork, fried chicken and beef tips. My husband got the fish. The chicken was cold so I was not too impressed but the other food was good. My husband liked the fish. I think it's something that you've got to experience once on your Northwoods vacation. Thankfully, I was able to shuttle my kids past the gift shop without them noticing. Service was not great but the waitress did give my kids free cake so I can't really complain. This place really reminds me of Cracker Barrel but the food isn't nearly as good. I agree with the other reviewers that the signs reminding you to tip are tacky.

• Visited July 2012