ROOM 3018. Where do I begin. Forget about lake views. The trees obscure 85% of the of the panorama. The master bedroom has a huge skylight over the bed. This will not be an issue for the early riser, but if one has been up late, imbibing at one of the local "watering holes" and would appreciate a few extra hours of sleep - forget it. This was a huge negative for me. I like having the option of opening the curtains and letting in some light, but I might as well be sleeping outside. Ridiculous. A bedroom is for sleeping. The irony is that they installed blackout curtains on the sliding glass doors. Some kind of shade or blind would have been thoughtful.
Ok. Enough about the skylight.
The hotel is clean and the room is spacious (we booked the two bedroom "premier" condominium suite) , but is a little outdated. The vertical blinds have to go. I understand the choice of a "rustic" theme, but it's 2014. Time to invest in some design upgrades. I don't know about the rest of the rooms here and this room was likely one of the last as this appears to be a fully booked weekend. I requested another room and there were none available at this price point. This is my first stay here and if the rest of the rooms with a lake view have a skylight over the bed, I will not be staying here again. The "healthy" breakfast is not. Nothing more than your average wholesale, free breakfast (i.e. waffle machine, hard boiled eggs, apples, cheerios and toast, etc.) I, honestly, was expecting more for the money. If I was able to get a little more sleep, I would have been a little more gracious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2013 & 2014 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient and Certified Travel Green property, with 800 feet of Lake Minocqua frontage affording all rooms and suites waterfront views. Deluxe Studio rooms and One and Two Bedroom Suites - sleep two to six guests in a relaxing, wooded lakeside setting with an easy walk to downtown shopping, eateries and activities. The property also features bicycles, canoes, kayaks, a fishing pier, boat slips, gas grill picnic patios, and lakeside fire pit patio and on-site snowmobile trail access. Conference/banquet rooms welcome company and family events, with the Top of The Pointe room towering four floors above ground level featuring a spectacular view of Lake Minocqua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your The Pointe Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe Hotel Minocqua
- The Pointe Hotel And Suites
- Pointe Hotel Minocqua