“Wonderful Northwoods Escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pointe Hotel & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Minocqua
The Pointe Hotel & Suites
8269 Highway 51 South, Minocqua, WI 54548   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Minocqua
Wisconsin
“Wonderful Northwoods Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love staying at hotels that include a fully functioning kitchen. At the Pointe, you will feel completely at home. You can walk into the picturesque town of Minocqua and enjoy the many different options for dining, shopping and sightseeing. Add to the fact that the hotel is right on the lake, and you'll find that The Pointe can't be beat. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
JWH: Thanks for your review of our property. All our suites have fully functional kitchens and we also offer numerous outdoor gas grill patios; both being very popular with our guests. As for your comment about walking into town, many guests leave their autos parked at the hotel and take the comfortable walk (2/10ths mile) while enjoying the scenery of Lake Minocqua. With 800 feet of frontage and every room overlooking the lake, The Pointe is a special place to spend a night, weekend or weeks vacation; glad you could experience The Pointe Hotel & Suites of Minocqua.

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family and I stayed at The Pointe over Memorial Day weekend. I got a really great deal on a Premier 1BR suite (I think it averaged $99/night). We all thought it was a great place to stay. We enjoyed the free breakfast each morning. The staff we encountered were very friendly. The location is fabulous. You are literally minutes from just about anything - Minocqua is such a beautiful place! We loved waking up to the sound of the loons, and on our last morning were treated to a bald eagle perched right outside of our window high up in a tree that had no leaves - so a very great view.
The hotel was quiet, though I believe they were full. The pool was clean, and we also took advantage of the hot tub and sauna. Didn't make it down tot he firepit - next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm glad you and your family were able to spend Memorial Day Weekend in Minocqua and chose our resort hotel for your lodging needs. Our hospitality team takes great pride at providing a quality lodging experience for all our guests; we're happy you enjoyed your stay. Our location although 2/10 mile south of downtown (an easy five minute walk), lends itself to 800 feet of Lake Minocqua frontage, a quiet setting and many wonderful amenities for our guests to enjoy. And, yes, eagles and loons make appearances quite regularly. Thanks again for being our guest; we look forward to hosting you again in the near future, and the lakeside campfire patio will await your use!
Cedar Grove, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Friendly confines and staff. The view from our room was trees and water with a short stroll to the firepit and docks. We never heard a sound after the hotel 10:00pm "quiet-time". Or maybe we were just bushed after exploring the lakes and all the different places to eat just down the street.
I don't see many eagles or loons where I live...here, they were everywhere! The Pointe is a reason to go up north...

Room Tip: Pick the lake side...all the $ choices are available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ed,

Thank you for your recent review of our resort hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to communicate your experiences while being our guest. As many other guests have found, your experiences with the loons and eagles are pretty common on or near our lakefront. And, I would hope that our "quiet time" did promote a good night of relaxation and rest; but, I'm sure your exploring the lakes and the fun downtown area had something to do with it as well. We hope you will find time to spend future time with us. Thanks for being our guest!
Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff at the Point was fabulous, very friendly and helpful. The views of the lake are great with a fire pit and docks for your boat. The rooms are clean and cozy, we had a room with a jet tub in the bedroom which was awesome. I can't wait to return to the Point.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Jacob,

It's always nice to hear good things about our resort hotel; but, it's even better to know that our team, accommodations and amenities have made your travels and more importantly, your get away special. Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to making your next stay as rewarding.
CHICAGO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Annual destination for a relaxing week of family fun. The resort is just a short walk to the downtown area. We've vacationed here for over 2 decades and the staff (esp. Seneca) have become like family. The resort pool is open year round and it's always great to watch a storm over the lake from your balconies.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Richfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at The Pointe many times over the last several years, primarily for snowmobiling weekends. The location is excellent and the facility easily accommodates the parking of vehicles, snowmobiles and trailers. Our experience has always been excellent with the accommodations, service, staff and the amenities the hotel provides. During our last visit in March, I discover a flat tire on my vehicle, when going to change the tire I discovered my spare had been stolen sometime before this weekend. With no spare, I had no way to get my flat tire to a repair shop. When I enquired at the front desk about some help in the area, the general manger jumped right in and with his vehicle took the tire to a dealer in area for repair. Within 45 minutes we were back at the Pointe parking lot getting my car back in service. A lot of hotels will help, but this one provided the commitment, involvement and demonstrated a service level that I can only describe as A++.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind review of our property. I thank you for all the years you have stayed with us. I am happy that you continue to choose The Pointe Hotel & Suites as your preferred lodging choice. I, as any member of our hospitality team would have done, was glad to help in time of need; that's what we do. I must also give an A++ to the tire store crew who were able to take care of you when we walked in their door. It's a shame that someone stole your tire prior to your travels, and I'm glad your trouble was discovered in our parking lot and not out on the road; glad to help. Hope to see you next time you're in Minocqua.
Ahmeek, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a relaxing romantic stay at the Point Hotel & Suites. The room was perfect, particularly the two person hot tub. The view is spectacular, even in winter, and it's close to everything. Though the hotel was filled with snowmobilers, it was quiet after 11:00. The only sour note was coming back to our room to discover someone had left a partially eaten apple on our door handle.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
PointeGM, General Manager at The Pointe Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of our resort hotel. We appreciate reading our guest reviews as these are used as a barometer to measure our guest service and if we're meeting or exceeding our guests needs. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your room's entry; however, who would expect something like this. If seen by my team, we most certainly would have removed it and sanitized your door entry. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will make The Pointe your home when visiting Minocqua.

Been to The Pointe Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!