“Great Beds and Starbucks Coffee” 5 of 5 stars

The Waters of Minocqua
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   8116 Hwy. 51 South, Minocqua, WI 54548   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Great Beds and Starbucks Coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We were ready to stop for the night and this place looked good. We don't usually stay at Water Parks but when we went in to check it out there was a hugh fireplace and it just felt right. The front desk staff was great. They give you a two for one drink at their bar. The employee even hand makes the pizzas they offer. The room was very clean. We had a great nights sleep. There was a decent breakfast and the gift shop sold Starbucks coffee of which I am addicted.

Room Tip: Just be nice when you deal with the staff at the front desk.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bridgeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a great place for families to have a fun weekend, especially during a snowy winter. The indoor water park has a big variety of water play activities and a big game room. However, my business arranged me to be there and it is not conducive to business activities, There is no desk and chair suitable for long hours at the computer. Also off season, there are limited restaurant opportunities except for fast food. But for a nice meal do try the Boat House, the Minocqua Brewing Company, and the Lac du Flambeau buffet which is about 20 minutes away. The hotel restaurant is open only on the weekends, but Starbuck's lovers will appreciate the coffee favorite available daily onsite.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

What a WONDERFUL experience I had at this hotel! The check in was AWESOME, the young man that checked us in (Josh) was a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL) young man greeted us and so nice. Water park was just too much fun. They have a Starbucks that is excellent. Staff and room was also excellent. Thank you Waters for a wonderful stay! I CAN NOT believe anyone could give this place or staff a bad review!

Shawano, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

While there was a mix up on our reservation, they made it right and more. I cannot emphasize enough how pleasant everyone who worked there was. I felt like a friend and not a hotel guest. The facility is beautiful and rustic. I will go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lisa B, General Manager at The Waters of Minocqua, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. We are glad that our customer service and quality guest experience shined through in the end. Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone.

Lisa B
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Josh the front desk clerk was snotty, arrogant. Made reservations online a TWO Queen standard. called to confirm it. He said it is all good.... Got there about 830pm was told my room was switched to a ONE BED, ONE PULLOUT. (Handicap room #240) Keep in mind I had 4 adults and one child with me.

I was told to talk to "Josh" in the morning.. Asked him if he switched me and he told me thatI SWITCHED IT MYSELF..... REMEMBER I HAD 5 people with me...... He lied straight to my face..... Went back to the room grabbed my receipt and went back down there and asked him again if he was going to lie to me once more.... HE DID AGAIN... Showed him my receipt and he looked at me like where the heck I got that from. I then just paid for my room and asked for the General Managers business card... He then said tell her that Josh told me to call.

Room now.... Well my niece is on heart medicine that NEEDS TO BE REFRIGERATED... IT FROZE. If you are asking me why we didn't check the temp. on the fridge it's because there was NO CONTROLLER

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us about the sitiuation that occurred. As you and I had determined that your reservation was made online and then you called three minutes after that to confirm what room types, bedding etc you had reserved. As we discussed there must have been a mis-understanding of the purpose of your call for the front desk staff person to go ahead and cancel your room type and rebook a room with a king bed. We are terribly sorry for the mis-understanding and take full responsibility for the mis-understanding. I am glad you called me and we were able to to work out the prolem together.

Lisa B
Minocqua, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Ok, so for $89 a night you get a room with water park passes and continental breakfast! I have stayed many times before I moved to town and now just use the water park and ticket arcade. I never tried the bar, but the snack bar inside the watermark is fairly priced. Great for birthday parties and conferences. Oh, and minocqua pizza co. Is right across the road and it's awesome!

Stayed March 2014
Lisa B, General Manager at The Waters of Minocqua, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay and have returned many times to enjoy our waterpark. We hope that you will return again real soon!

Lisa B, GM
Springbrook, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Our stay at The Waters was wonderful and a great way for our family to connect and recharge. The rooms were large, gave us room to spread out, clean, and quiet. The amenities include a wonderfull pool/ waterpark area, arcade, beautiful and comfortable lobby, a filling complimentary breakfast, friendly staff, on site pub, and a snack bar in the pool area.

We booked a queen deluxe room which had 2 queen beds, a queen sleeper sofa separated from the bed area by a partial wall, a microwave, a dorm sized refrigerator, a table with 2 chairs, and a beautiful deck with 2 andorak chairs. The queen beds are very comfortable as are the pillows. It is probably the most comfortable bed I have ever had in a hotel. I even stripped my bed and took a photo of the tag so I could see if the mattress is available for public purchase. The refrigerator and microwave provided room to keep and cook snacks for the boys who were ravenous from the pool. The table and chairs were perfect for the kids to sit at and enjoy their snacks. The outdoor private deck was beautiful, but since the temperatures were well below zero, we did not dare try to enjoy the view out doors. However the sliding glass door leading to the deck let in plenty of natural light making for a bright room. The only negative aspect to the room was the bathroom. The positioning of the toilet, tub/shower, and door make the bathroom very tight to maneuver in and akward at best. Stepping out of the tub to the floor is also a long reach. My 7 year old son required assistance getting in and out of the shower due to the large distance. The bathroom isn't a deal breaker, however it is poorly designed and something to be aware of.

The hotel offers many entertainment options for the family. The indoor "waterpark" consists of an indoor/outdoor pool, 2 body slides, an indoor/outdoor hot tub, a zero depth slash pad, a snack bar which also serves adult beverages, and a large sitting area with tables, chairs, and picnic tables. There are plenty of options for your children to burn off all of their excess energy in the waterpark. The boys were amazed to be able to swim outside in below zero temperatures. It was pretty amazing to see the exteriors of the body slides iced over and also sit in the hot tub looking at all of the stars visible. Guests are also able to use the pool facilities the entire day of check out. There are lockers, shower/ bathroom facilities, and towels available to store belongings and change after you have checked out of your hotel room. A great experience my children can't wait to do again. My only less than positive experience in the waterpark area was the crowding. The hotel was sold out for the weekend which already would lead to a very active pool area. We also saw multiple birthday parties held in the water park that was already crowded. On top of all of that, they were also selling wristbands for the water park to the general public. This caused the water park to be over run with people. We had to sit outside of the hot tub and wait until there was room for us to enter it and enjoy it. There were times the pool towels were empty for long stretches of time, dirty pool towels were all over the pool area and left for the staff to pick up. The staff was extremely busy with the sheer number of people. I understand the parties were probably booked in advance and the hotel could not do anything about it. However, when the hotel is completely booked, it would be great if they did not sell waterpark passes to the public those days. It would be a positive business desicion to allow guests use of the facilities as a priority. The rooms command a premium rate and guests are willing to pay that premium for the facilities offered. However, if I have to wait until the hot tub isn't as crowded before I can enter, it isn't a positive experience. We did not venture into the arcade, we only saw it as we passed it on our way to the pool.

The lobby of the hotel is beautiful. It is a "Northwoods" themed lobby. The lobby is large with 2 fire places, many sitting areas, and an assortment of taxidermied native wild life. My son was a bit upset about all of the dead animals, but we were able to distract him. The lobby also hosts breakfast in the morning. We were at the hotel on a sold out weekend. The breakfast area was kept well stocked and clean. You would have never guessed the hotel was at capacity. There was also plenty of room for people to move around and get their breakfast so it never felt crowded. The food assortment was good and was typical of an expanded continental breakfast. The food choices included: make your own waffles, 4 types of cold breakfast cereal, milk, instant oatmeal packets, yogurt, fresh apples and oranges, apple and orange juice, coffee, donuts, bread and bagels along with toasters, and toppings for the various breakfast items.

Overall a wonderful family experience with minor inconveniences. Thanks to the wonderful hotel staff!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel and overall facility. You put a lot of energy into writing your review and your ideas and opinion are truly appreciated. I will use your comments to help with the long range planning we do for our hotel and waterpark.

Thank you again for taking the time and we hope that you will join us again soon.

Lisa B, GM

Been to The Waters of Minocqua? Share your experiences!