“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Minocqua
Cecil, Wisconsin
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were there just this past weekend on a snowmobile trip. We snowmobiled from Shawano County to Minocqua. When we got there it was dark. We came off the Bearskin trail onto the lake. The trails were not marked on the lake. After circling the town 2 times and asking 3 people how to get there by snowmobile we finally found it. It sure would have been much easier if there would have been a sign on the lake pointing to Americinn as you cannot see the sign of the hotel from the lake. We went onto another hotel's property to find Americinn which we were not suppose to do but had no other way of finding the place. The hotel was clean and the breakfast was good and the rates were good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Snowmobilerx4,

I am so sorry you had difficulty finding us and appreciate your feedback, which we will use to make necessary improvements. Thank you for not giving up and for sharing your candid comments. I hope you will let us serve you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Marshfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Helpful staff at check in , clean , breakfast was average
Location of hotel great and very close to downtown activities . Walking distance to lake and Great places to eat . Pool was clean and plenty of towels were available .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Diane G,

Thank you very much for staying with us taking the time to write and post your excellent review. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I had no complaints about my two-night stay. I was able to get the room nice and warm to counter the northwoods winter. The pool is open til midnight, better than some that close at ten. Continental breakfast had everything I needed, but was spread out rather confusingly. The parking lot could have been plowed a little better is all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Mark O,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your review. We welcome all guest feedback and use it to improve our operation. I'll certainly review the breakfast layout and make any changes I can to improve the flow. Keeping ahead of this year's snow is quite the challenge and there is obviously room for improvement on our plower's part. I hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Palatine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I grew up in this town and was visiting family. Our room was one of the King rooms. It was just like home. Pillows could have been better though. It was 20 below outside and the people in side were warm and welcoming.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Mark H,

Thanks for choosing to stay at our hotel during your recent visit to your hometown. I'm glad you felt comfortable here and appreciate you comment about the pillows. I hope you enjoyed your time with your family, and that you will let us serve you again the next time you are here.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my first time staying at the AmericInn Minocqua although I have stayed at a number of other AmericInn locations before. I was traveling over the holidays in December 2013 and stayed in this hotel for a few days. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly during my interactions with them. When I arrived I noticed their sign made mention of their "new rooms" so I inquired as I checked in and was told that they had remodeled the rooms in the months prior.

When I arrived at my room I found it to be clean and nicely appointed. It had definitely been recently remodeled, and the furnishings looked a little more upscale than I usually find in these hotels. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the room came equipped with a clock radio that had the ability to dock an iPod or other portable music device. It was nice that the flat-screen TV had actual High Def channels unlike so many other places that put in nice TVs and leave the standard channels on. The room was a little cold upon arrival, but it is winter and the heater brought the room up to a comfortable temperature by the time I was done bringing up my things and settling in.

The hotel is conveniently located within a short walk or drive to many area attractions, restaurants, and shops. There was plenty of parking available while I was there with room for vehicles with snowmobiles and trailers. It offers a pool room that looked nice and an exercise room. I didn't make use of any of these though as it was the holidays and I didn't spend that much time at the hotel. The breakfast was on par with what I have come to expect from AmericInn, with juice and coffee, cereal, a waffle machine, assorted breads and bakery, and biscuits and gravy.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and will be looking here next time I stay in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Jason S,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the AmericInn family of hotels, and for taking the time to write your wonderful review about your recent stay at our hotel. Its guests like you that make our jobs of providing excellent service and accommodations very rewarding. We really appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Lancaster, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went to Minocqua to celebrate our anniversary weekend. We stayed at the American Inn. This is an ok hotel, nothing fancy but worked for what we were looking for.

Plus - Pool, hot tub, sauna, breakfast bar with lots of options. The staff was willing to work with you. I did not bring shampoo and conditioner. They had conditioner in the hotel but no shampoo, we asked the front desk and they provided some for us. Our kids came to visit us for the last night and we needed pillows for the pull out bed and they provided them without a problem. When we pulled out the bed, the sheets were dirty, so we went to ask for new sheets and they had no issues with providing us new sheets. We had a refrigerator but was told not all rooms have one, we were suppose to switch rooms but decided to stay in the same room. Pool has a great view of Lake Minocqua.

Cons - The room was clean but not a deep clean. When we took a shower the shower squealed the whole time. One of our light bulbs was out and we went to ask for another one and the front desk did not have any. They are going through a remodel.

Overall - this was not a bad hotel, just minor issues.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Minocqua, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Gpackergal,

Congratulations on your anniversary, and thanks for choosing our hotel for your celebration. I am very sorry for the inconveniences and discomforts you experienced here and offer my apologies. We want to provide all our guests with excellent service, great amenities and facilities and a clean and comfortable stay, and take it very seriously when we learn we have fallen short. We will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation. We'd like the opportunity to make amends and hope you will contact us via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can continue this conversation personally.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

That was perhaps the most unfriendly staff I've met in my travels. It wasn't just one person, pretty much every interaction was strained. Breakfast was a joke. Lukewarm coffee, and microwaveable egg omelets. Stained and dirty linen. It has a pretty good location in central Minocqua, but will definitely stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve T,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. I hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to gain your respect the next time you are in our area.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to AmericInn Minocqua? Share your experiences!