“Don't ignore bad reviews!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #29 of 49 Restaurants in Minocqua
Cuisines: Italian
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Don't ignore bad reviews!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

First visit to Mama's with friends from Minocqua. Even they were disappointed. The Italian buffet had some of the worst food I have ever had. They offered stuffed shells that were hard to identify as shells. One of our companions thought it was a lump of mashed potatoes! It was a salty blob. The lasagna was poor as were the sauces offered to top the cold pasta.

The service was poor as they left our dirty plates on the table and did not clear them until they brought the check.

On a postive note, the spumoni was pretty good.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Wonderful Italian supper club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Like stepping back into time. A great big bar to have cocktails before dinner. I have been coming here every year when I snowmobile for 7 years. I have always had good service and good food not sure why I see bad reviews. I would say ignore them and try for yourself

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Soooooo good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

It's a classic place. Food delicious, service fantastic... just a good vibe. We'll definitely be back on our next trip to the Northwoods!

Visited October 2012
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first visit after a recomidation from a friend. We were there on a Sunday night expecting authentic itailian food. Unfortunately it was mediocre at best. My wife had a peper steak and all you could taste was the butter it was swiming in. I had lasonya and all you tasted was the tomato sauce. Very mediocre at best. This place might have been good 50 years ago. But it needs a makeover or it will not last. I really wanted to like this place, but we will not be returning.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Woodruff, Wisconsin
“Abundanza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I've been dining at Mama's Supper Club for over 50 years. Wonderful Italian food! When in season, their Wednesday night Italian Buffet is to die for!! Alomst everything on their regular menu is on the buffet. If you can't decide what you want on the menu, go for the buffet and try everything!! I remember when Mama used to go around and visit the tables and chat with the guests, except for the fact Mama has long ago passed, nothing else has changed. It was great then and still is.

Visited June 2012