Cozy Cottage on Lake Tomahawk near Minocqua!

Saved Save
You added Cozy Cottage on Lake Tomahawk near Minocqua! to your Saves list.
Kitchen With a Lake-side window

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

TTravelle...
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great location, great amenities.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I rented this cottage for me, my wife, and brother- and sister-in-law and we had a great time. The location is great -- it feels secluded but it is only about a 2 minute drive to (the town of) Lake Tomahawk if you need to pick up any essentials. Minocqua is 10- 15-minutes away if you feel like doing more tourist-y type stuff. We really appreciated having the private dock, especially the various watercraft that are available for renters to use, free of charge. We had a ball paddling around in the canoe, and there is also a kayak, rowboat, and paddle boat available if those are more your speed.

The cottage is on the small side, but even with four adults we had about the perfect amount of space. I couldn't have been more pleased with the amenities, everything looked new and the bedrooms, bathroom and appliances were all spotless. They obviously put a lot of effort into maintenance, and it shows. I should also mention that dealing with the owners, Scott & Melody, was completely painless.

The only tiny difficulty we had was in locating the cottage at first. The driveway is easy to miss from the highway and there is another group of homes situated right next to it, so we ended up driving down the wrong road when we first arrived. I'm not sure there's anything they could do to make it easier, and in any case we texted Melody when we had trouble and she sort of guided us to the correct spot. It didn't detract one bit from our enjoyment but I thought it was worth mentioning.

All in all, it was a great time for a very reasonable price. If and when we return to the North Woods for a get-away, we'll definitely go with this cottage as our first choice!

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The amenities were first rate. Everything looked brand-new and was spotlessly clean.
Liked least: I have nothing bad to say about this property.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
Nov 4, 2013
Thank you! We are working on getting a bigger sign, so our guests can find our cottage easier.( I agree, it is a bit tricky) We will continue to strive to make our cottage the best rental in the North Woods!

Scott & Melody
Oshkosh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in July 2012
Management Response
Aug 2, 2012
Thank you Jackie! Scott and I are so glad you enjoyed the cottage. We strive to have the best rental on Lake Tomahawk. We hope to host you and your family again.

Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010 for a stay in August 2010
5 of 5 stars Value 4 of 5 stars Rooms
4 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 4 of 5 stars Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
from
$150
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
How to book this rental
Submit an inquiry to the owner using the above make inquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Peace of Mind Protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 69 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing