“Best meal we have ever eaten anywhere period.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 49 Restaurants in Minocqua
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Beautiful scenic Northwoods located in the Timber Ridge Golf Complex off Hwy 51 in Minocqua. Daily Specials, Fine Dining in a Casual Atmosphere.
Iowa City, Iowa
“Best meal we have ever eaten anywhere period.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Holy buckets of deliciousness, we just got back from Chef Rene's Back Bay Cove and had the best meal of our lives. We have been eating a lot of years at a lot of places all around the world but this was tops. It is a very out of the way place and we only found it on trip advisor. You could never just 'stumble' onto it as it is at the end of a dead end road on the lake about 8 miles outside of MInocqua. We made reservations which they recommend. The waitstaff was professional and efficient. We were seated right at our reservation time. The food was heavenly.We started with the wild mushroom medley; the sauce was so tasty you really wanted to lick it off the plate but instead we soaked it up on the fresh warm bread we got. Our salads were fresh and our entrees were divine. I had the shrimp champagne which was so amazing there aren't really any words to describe and my husband had the grilled ahi tuna special. My husband is not a gusher about food. Everything is usually fine for him and I'm the one using words like deliciousness and talking about licking sauce off of plates but he gushed over his tuna and then over the rest of my shrimp. We had the bread pudding for dessert which was very very good. We left stuffed and happy. We spent about $100 with tip and that included one alcoholic beverage, appetizier, two entrees, dessert and coffee. If we lived up here, Chef Rene's would be our special treat- birthday, anniversary, graduation, company in town- restaurant. This is a must eat in the North Woods. You won't be sorry.

• Visited June 2013

TX
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to Chef Rene's for our anniversary. There were 4 other couples who were also having an anniversary. What a good choice! We had a "wild mushroom medley" appetizer. The sauce was to die for and they have wonderful crusty bread you can use to sop it up. My husband had the French Onion Soup. Wonderful! I had the salad. It was nothing special. For entrees, he had a rib steak with mushrooms and onions, and I had the Scallops Chipot. It was great. The scallops were served with linguine with pesto and chopped tomatoes on top. They gave us a complimentary 7 layer slice of chocolate cake since it was our anniversary. The service was good. It was pricey for this area ($77 for two) including 2 drinks, but was well worth it for a special occasion. It doesn't look fancy from the outside, but the food is definitely gourmet.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin
“Best Scallops”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Always love it when you can sit out on a porch and eat - here you can do that and look out over the bay. They have 2 different types of scallop dinners, I've had both, several times, still can't decide which is my favorite - love em both!

Visited September 2012
Middleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great food ,great service, Great people! Love this place.Loved Homer with his finger puppets. My cabin is very close to this place & I and friends found this just by driving by. we are so glad we came I wish we found this place twenty years ago. We well be coming here every time we are in Minocqua witch is monthly, & we live in Middleton, WI. By the way great service from Kyle:)

• Visited May 2013
Racine, Wisconsin
“They had to call the Sheriff to drag me out of the place fork and spoon in hand...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had the Salmon in wine sauce, my friend had the tenderloin pepper steak. It was awesome! Alittle torn though, because the Cream of Chicken soup I had as a pre-entre. I was disappointed because the server refused to bring it out by the quart..... Best taste award, big time! Excellent service, knowedgable and pleasant server. Great experience. Drove through 25 miles of nasty rain, snow and slush and it was worth every mile!

• Visited March 2013