“Quality Inn (Minocqua, WI)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8729 US 51 North, Minocqua, WI 54548 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Minocqua
Batavia, Illinois
“Quality Inn (Minocqua, WI)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

During a recent fishing trip to Wisconsin, we had booked a room at the Quality Inn in Minocqua, located just north of Route 70 on the west side of Route 51. We were going to meet with some friends, have dinner with them, and stay for a night or two before heading to a resort on Big Lake Chetac, Wisconsin. It was our first time at this Quality Inn and although the stay wasn't terrible, it was not great either; it wasn't quite what we had expected, and certainly nothing close to the normal standards to which we have become accustomed in our travels (and we travel a lot.)

The wall on which the room air conditioner was installed had a giant crack all the way around the unit (no attempt had been made to seal it), there had been no soap included when the room had been (I hope) cleaned, and the bedspread not only looked unclean, there were numerous spots on it. The coffee pot in the room was also not clean. Windows in the hallway to the exterior of the building were left open (apparently this had been the norm on numerous occasions, as there were water stains on the wood trim) – even though a severe storm was approaching – and the general feeling of the hotel was that up-keep was not an important item for the owners or cleaning crew.

Morning breakfast provided barely-lukewarm coffee, hard-boiled eggs and several cold cereals, along with make-them-yourself waffles. The breakfast experience was mediocre, but the downside of the meal was apparent when we watched as an employee re-supplied several of the edible breakfast items using his bare hands, something that was definitely not appetizing! I doubt if we would book another night at this hotel; it's not well taken care of.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I can appreciate the fact that my stay at this hotel was over a holiday weekend, and the stress level for the hotel staff was undoubtedly high. However, upon arriving at the hotel my wife and I were greeted by... No one. We waited in the lobby over 5 mins before someone finally came to the front desk. The woman at the desk proceeded to give me a look that said "why are you bothering me?". There was no how may I help you? or even a checking in? No she literally said nothing to me. I told her we were checking in and a few mins later we had our keys. Get to the room and were greeted by a musty dank smell. In the bathroom the tiles in the shower were peeling, sinking into the wall, and haphazardly caulked. The wall behind them felt like a spounge. Obviously some major water damage which is the reason for the musty smell. it was clear to me the hotel knows about the problem but hasn't gotten around to fixing. We also found leftover garbage on the floor next to the bed, and it appears that no one as ever touched the filter to the a/c unit due to the half inch of dust on it. Beyond the fact that the room decor looked to be stuck back in 1991, it was obvious to my wife and I that the property was severely falling into disrepair. Anything but a "quality" place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Middle Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hotel was well located in the pretty little town of Minocqua. Service was good and breakfast was standard for Quality Inn. Hotel room was clean and spacious and bed was comfortable. The pool and hot tub looked nice, but we didn't use it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Portage, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a king suite there . Nice older room,but the bath room had a used bar of soap in the shower and toilet not cleaned. Went to front desk and the hostess came right up stairs with us and cleaned also housekeeper in hall asked if he could clean room for us as someone just walked out on there job. so I can understand that happens. These people are very nice and would do anything for you. Breakfast needs a little different stuff but what was there was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Madison
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at this property years ago and liked the clean and quiet rooms. However after a recent stay at this hotel (Same chain of hotels, different name), I was quite disappointed in the appearance of the hotel and noted that the hotel was not as well kept up (e.g., dust on furniture, carpets not recently vaccumed, strong odor in the guest room.) Several rooms were occupied by young guests who like to party. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Iowa city, IA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed there day before Thanksgiving to see our old friends. We stayed at this hotel and were very happy with service a well as room quality. It is not fancy but basic hotel, an overnight place to sleep. I liked this place.Breafast is ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights. Mostly just slept there and used the pool at night. One issue we had was our key cards never worked. Breakfast was great, the burritos and biscuits were good. One thing I found extremely interesting was one of there maintenance, was worried when I put my head under water in the hot tub? He just told me he didn't want me to get hurt. Not sure if he was serious but. Ok. Oh and it's a long walk from the bars.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!