“So so lunch” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Iowa City, Iowa
“So so lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We came here because of the rave reviews but left disappointed. We ordered a beet salad (very average, not filling and expensive) and a grilled cheese with ham. I was very put off by the greasy sandwich, and the ham must have been the 'on sale' kind that has a yucky rind on it. FW Woolworths, circa 1962, would have been much better.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A very pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good food - fair pricing - very good service - and an engaging manager. The experience made for a very pleasant lunch with friends. Clearly worth a stop if in the area

Visited September 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“I expected more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have been reading the reviews for MP Dining Company for a while and was excited to go. The food was good, but it wasn't the WOW that everyone was raving about. We startedwith an appetizer or Larb. We never had that before and it was good. It is groundpork with astrong lime and spice flavor. It was served on lettuce, but the lettuce wasn't strong enough to lift the individual portions. For the main course I had the brisket which was good. My husband had a pork loin (or chop) with a cream sauce.

The food was good, but nothing was exciting. Maybe I had too high of expectations based on the raves on tripadvisor. I will give this restaurant another try.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Eureka, California
“A wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

MP Dining Comapny not only has the most amazing food, but everyone is so friendly and helpful. After my dinner (I am a veggie) of the gnocchi with wild mushrooms, grilled broccoli raab and delicious wine, we moved to the bar. My friends were telling me about a special martini they had. We gave the bartender the recipe..he ran back to the kitchen to get a cucumber and made me a great drink. Bill came over and we had a nice conversation with him. I would go here for the food, the friendliness would also bring me back again and again.

Visited September 2013
Naperville, IL 60563
“Owners and staff were the Friendliest and most welcoming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I wish we could have ate dinner here, because our lunch experience was fantastic! We have been to Mineral Point before and knew this place had changed owners, so we were very curious to try. One of the owners, Bill made us feel right at home! He was so friendly and I felt as if we had known each other for years! The food was fresh and so very good! We definitely will be back! Please try!

• Visited September 2013