“Where Friendliness Meets Comfort” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mineral Point
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fletcher, North Carolina
“Where Friendliness Meets Comfort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

It doesn't take much to see why this establishment receives the favorable reviews that it does. I regret that I did not write down the name of the front desk clerk on duty during the evening, because he was the dictionary-definition of excellent customer service. He made my visit more pleasant due to his welcoming courtesy and stellar recommendations. Seriously: this person is the model front-desk personality.

Initially, Quality Inn feels a bit remote if you aren't familiar with Mineral Point, sitting among cornfields on the outskirts of town. A combination convenience store/Subway sits next door, and, if I recall correctly, features 24-hour gas pumps. The lodging is located less than two miles from Mineral Point's charming downtown district, and
diagonally across from the beginning of artistically-abundant Shakerag Street.

Quality Inn is a very clean, sizable establishment and I was impressed to learn that it isn't as new as I guessed it to be. My second-floor king-bed room was large, comfortable and very clean. There is no elevator access to the second floor. The wireless internet worked flawlessly.

The pool and spa were a definite plus, although the spa's water temperature was lukewarm and should be adjusted to a higher setting. The hot breakfast was good, and this Choice property featured ham instead of bacon during my visit. The property was very quiet, I slept well and would totally stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kenosha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We really liked this one. Rooms were very clean. They had a small pool and hot tub area that was very nice. Continental breakfast was nice too. Short drive to area attractions. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Quiet, very clean, looks new -- we were surprised when staff told us it's over 10 years old. Room was spacious, beds comfortable. The only downside is that there is no elevator, so we had to lug our suitcases up the staircase.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Mosinee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Thsi is a nice, clean hotel. We checked in on Saturday June, 12, 2011. We checked in and were told there was a wedding so it be be loud. There was no noise problems. When I arrived home went online to check bank accout and noticed charges from hotel were 60 dollars higher than my printed bill. Called hotel and they said since hotel has a bar, which I never saw, nor is it advertised anywhere in the place, that they preauthorized room, and that they told me this at check in. Was never told this, person then said well it is in fine print on back of signature page. The one I signed is blank on back. When I told them this she said well charges should come off in a few days. Told her I have never had a preauthorization for incidentals, since I shut off phone in room, there is no room service, and like I said never did see a bar, unless you count the keg the wedding had, which I was not there for, I don;'t know what I could have charged to room. They didn't even have pay per view. By the way I am a hotel GM.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Liberty, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

The location of the hotel is very convenient and surrounding area is lovely. My husband has issues with stairs and we were on the second floor with no elevator. We wanted a king bed and to move to a first floor room we would have gotten two queens. The check in was easy and the front desk clerk pleasant. However, I had a horrible time sleeping, which is really unusual. The bed was not very comfortable and the pillow lumpy. Breakfast was the usual, but filling.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

We had reservations at several Shake Rag Alley historical rooms. Albeit quaint, they were too musty and lacked ventilation. Luckily we were able to get a room with hot tub at the Quality Inn for a little over $100 per night. More than adequate.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Paul, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We spent 1 night here and were very satisfied. It is a few miles from the center of Mineral Point but has easy access to get there. The hotel is updated and the room was very comfortable. We had a king bed that was very, very comfortable. Modern linens and soft also. We had a hot tub that was big enough for 2. It was quiet and offered a great nights sleep. Breakfast is just basic continental but has hot waffles. The staff were great and most helpful with plans for dinner.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Mineral Point? Share your experiences!