“Crap food - poor service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Philly Way

Philly Way
405 S 2nd St, Milwaukee, WI 53204-1612 (Walker's Point)
414-273-2355
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #556 of 1,410 Restaurants in Milwaukee
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Neighborhood: Walker's Point
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Crap food - poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I drove 15 miles to eat here. After I ordered I tried to use my groupon. I found it expired, i screwed up and waited to long to use it.  They would not honor it and I understood it was my mistake. I said that was fine just give me what I paid for it.  I showed them the voucher where it said if expired it was worth what I paid for it. They said they don't care what groupon said no go.  They don't care what Groupon said.

To make matters worse after I got home the sandwich was one of the worst I have ever had. There was almost no meat and cheese.  The bread was stale.  You would do better at a Subway.

People who work there were not very friendly and the food was below average. And 2 sandwiches with fries for $22 is overpriced.

Find another restaurant in the area.  You can do much better.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Average...but not like home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

For something Philadelphia Magazine raved about I expected better. Got the special with much rooms, hot peppers and provolone. Provolone was bland .... Definitely not like a good sharp from Tony Luke's et al. Proportion was small. Roll was not a good crusty roll like I am used too. I get steaks like this from the "hot dog cart" in Philly any day. However in the Midwest were cheesesteaks are uniformly awful this was decent. Two weeks away from home so I had to try it but any pizza place back home has one just as good or better. And compared to the best around....we'll this isn't close. Restaurant equipment definitely needs a good scrub. Visible crud from any view while ordering at the counter. Pride in ownership not there.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Very GOOD! but a bit overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The Philly Cheesesteak was one of the best I had in Wisconsin. For just a Cheeseteak with no fries etc..., and run down look of the building etc... I did not expect the price to be so much. But the Cheesesteak itself was Awesome. The girl working the counter was also very actractive which was a plus! :)

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“THE REAL DEAL...for sure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

Born and raised in Philly and lived on "PATS" cheese steaks, where it all began. The Philly Way has it down PERFECT! Owner is from Philly and worked at PATS and really knows what he's doing. Was there with 3 clients from Philly and they were blown away. Said the cheese steaks were better than they get in Philly. For anyone to say these are not a real cheese syeak is nuts!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“It just didn't grab me.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

All hype, and overpriced. Wasn't worth what I paid for it.

• Visited April 2011