“Beautiful Historical B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manderley Bed and Breakfast

Manderley Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Milwaukee
Manderley Bed and Breakfast
3026 West Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI 53208   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Milwaukee B&B and Inns
CP
“Beautiful Historical B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just got home from 2 nights at Manderley Mansion....a beautifully restored victorian mansion from the 1880's. Stayed in the warmth & comfort of "Millie's" room complete with fireplace and whirlpool tub. Our hosts, Andy & Marie have done an unbelievable task of restoring this home. Every room is filled with antiques and period furniture...Andy has created the most beautiful stained glass windows....what a treat to enjoy breakfast which included freshly made banana bread and warm blackberry muffins in a dining room with 6 foot tall stained glass windows.

This was a week-end trip with 2 other couples. The 6 of us enjoyed the living room area with gas fireplace for relaxing and talking with Andy & Marie who are extremely knowledgeable on the history of the area and offered many tips on sites and dining. They have an "extensive" library of books on Milwaukee and Wisconsin in general.

Each late afternoon we found "treats" in the common area to enjoy.

And yes the floors creak, but if you were 120 yrs old, you would creak too...just part of the charm and warmth of history.

Great place, great breakfast, wonderful hosts!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The house has been beautifully restored by the current hosts. The interior of the bedrooms and the common rooms was absolutely beautiful. Our hosts were fantastic. Very friendly and extremely knowledgeble about both the neighborhood and the rest of Milwaukee. Breakfast was delicious and featured freshly laid eggs from the chickens the hosts keep in the back (the "Taj Mahal of chicken coops" is in the works). The location is convienent and they have a small parking lot for guests.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Beautifully restored old home, gracious hosts and a short hop to the Rave or other points in Milwaukee for sightseeing. The breakfasts were grand and our bed was super comfy. The only issue is noise - the place is pretty creaky. Opt for a room not under the stairs going to the owners' 3rd floor apartment. But there is zero road noise, and once the house settles down, you sleep like a baby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
waukesha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We just got home from the Manderley Bed and Breakfast and I wanted to share what a postive experience it was. I'll try to add new comments not posted already.

Pro's: It was very easy to travel back and forth between the Manderlay and tourist areas downtown. ( 30 blocks of residential area/bussiness area and not far from Marquette University)

The backyard was more relaxing and quiet than our small town village residence! I never expected Milwaukee to have such a cute little getaway like this! It was quiet, shaded, had lovely perennials, trees, and many little sitting areas. Most of all I loved the backyard chickens!!! It was nice to know where the eggs came from for our breakfast in the morning!!!

My husband loved the off street parking and ease of getting in and out of the driveway. Not knowing the neighborhood it was more relaxing to me having our car just steps from the door in case I needed to grab something out of it.

The decor inside was classy and warm. I don't know anything about antiques so I don't know what to say except it was fun to oooh, and ahhh looking at everything. You could tell right when you walked into the home, that it was an inviting and happy place.

I appreciated the guest closet! Filled with complimentary beverages, hairdryers to use ( forgot mine) extra toilet paper, and a nice selection of dvd's. Marie also had homemade fudge that she set out for us that was extraordinarily awesome!

We stayed in Bessie's room, and I think it is a really spacious room. There was no bumping into eachother. I loved the shower with two showerheads. The water pressure was great.
I have back problems and I woke up with no pain, and felt like it was the best sleep I've had in a long time because of the soft sheets and comfortable mattress. The morning was quiet, dark, and easy to sleep long in the morning if you wanted to.

Breakfast was filling, fresh, and delicious. The hosts provided everything we needed to enjoy the meal, and our stay.

I highly recommend staying here if you are traveling to Milwaukee area.

Cons: I had a hard time with the lock on the door, (my husband did fine with it after some practice.) Not a huge issue as I knew I could ring the doorbell and someone would answer if I needed.

I needed a little more light in the bathroom as I got ready. Maybe it just higher wattage lightbulbs, so it was nothing that would make me not stay there again.

Thank you so much for a great getaway before my stay at home summer vacation with my kids!!!!, and a great 10 year anniversary celebration with my hubby!!!

Sandra Hansen

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is a very lovely and beautiful Bed and Breakfest. Roy and his wife were very lovely host. There knowledge of the area and the past was very helpful. The B & B was a beauty, the room was large and clean and tidy. Breakfest was wonderful as well we look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

First and foremost the innkeepers are fantastic, they really make you feel comfortable and at home. The bed rooms are beautiful! Each with their own style of decor. The rooms are cozy, comfortable and a lot of fun. The decoration of the house really echos the style of the 1800's Victorian era. Each detail in the home is a treasure, keep your eyes open and don't miss a thing! The house is spotless, not a speck of dust to be found! The central location allows you to be mere minutes from any attraction in the Milwaukee Area. The breakfast was delicious and the innkeepers could not have been more helpful. I fully intend to revisit Manderley-and soon!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Manderley B&B. We were there just one night on our way to a family reunion in WI. Andy and Marie are wonderful hosts and have a ton of knowledge about the area. The breakfast was decadent and yummy and the B&B itself a true work of art and labor of love. We stayed in Millie's room which was wonderful. We did not hear any street traffic and the bed very comfy. The bath was just a tub but reminded us of other travels with a hand held shower in a bath that is a much more relaxed way of bathing.
We did not have a car for a day so easily hopped on a public bus and headed to the Pabst Mansion and the Art Museum and Third Ward area. All very easy to get to. If you are at all interested in architecture, rehabbing or just neighborhood history you will thoroughly enjoy staying here - a real treat!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Manderley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!