“I put up every client that comes to Milwaukee in the County Clare Inn and Pub” 5 of 5 stars
Review of County Clare Irish Inn and Pub

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Milwaukee
County Clare Irish Inn and Pub
You added County Clare Irish Inn and Pub to your Saves list
1234 North Astor Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202 (Downtown)   |
Ranked #8 of 53 Hotels in Milwaukee
Wisconsin
“I put up every client that comes to Milwaukee in the County Clare Inn and Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Part of my job is to arrange housing for speakers, performers, big shot international people, who come to Milwaukee for one of my company's gigs. I do this on a monthly basis. I tell you this because in the last four years of booking rooms in the County Clare, every single one of my speakers, performers, big shot type people, have told me how wonderful their stay is. THat is 48 different people form all parts of the world and in different creative endeavors who have told me how much they like this hotel. And some of these people were very high maintenance. They love the coziness of the place. They love the sheets and towels. They love the personalized service and they love that this hotel is situated in one of the most walkable parts of Milwaukee. It is really the jewel in the crown of Milwaukee. The County Clare makes my job so easy and they make me look good. When people ask me where they should say while in Milwaukee, I can not get the word County Clare out of my mouth fast enough. Also the restaurant is amazing. Try the shepard's pie, or the meat loaf. You will think that you are in Galway, Ireland with the first bite of their potatoes. But you are not. You are just staying in one of the best small hotels in Milwaukee.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Moorhead, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This drink is banned in the UK but alive and well at this Irish Pub and small hotel in a quiet part of town. Food was great and they also had Magners on tap and not some US cider so added to the feel. Bangers and Mash was excellent and the chicken strips were best we have ever seen. Add the Sheppards Pie and Reuben Sandwich all looked great

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My first visit to the County Clare and was very impressed. The restaurant and room were beautiful and very clean. The hot tub was a nice addition to the room. Comfortable bed. The breakfast was delicious. Nice atmosphere in the evenings to enjoy a beer and company of other guests and customers. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Southlake, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I DON"T GET IT! I am actually in my room now. Floors are not well vacuumed, dirty door knobs, dirty doors, dirty walls, dusty vents, dusty (caked with dust!) window sills. Thank goodness for travel sized packages of disinfectant wipes. Decor consists of very old, marked up, dirty furniture. This place in 3 words: TIRED, UGLY and DIRTY. Begging for a Gordon Ramsey Hotel Nightmares intervention, an investment has not been made in decades to upgrade, clean up or modernize. If you are into this brand of "Old World Charm", this is the place for you. This room was booked for me for a business trip and I will let that person know I'll handle my own reservations in the future....thank you very much! Can't wait to get out of here tomorrow.

Petoskey, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

If you like a quaint small boutique B&B located in a great quiet neighborhood with a wonderful staff and large rooms this is it. We had a suite on the first floor. It had a jacuzzi tub and a shower. the bathroom was large, the sitting room had a small fridge, a couch an easy chair and a desk (good WiFi) and the bedroom contained a large bed and a flat screen TV. The room contains old style furniture and bead board wains coating and the staff works hard to keep the rooms very clean. The breakfast has a good variety and you can have made to order omelette's. the pub serves wonderful food at a very fair price and the beer is cold and the drinks well proportioned. The only negative that I had was that I have a bad back and the beds are very firm. Also the TV is in the bedroom portion of the suite and you have to turn it to the side to see it from the sitting area. We loved it and would stay there again.

Room Tip: 105,205,305 are suites and worth the extra $20 or ask for an odd#'d room on the third floor-the...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed recently and enjoyed the place very much. Service was great, breakfast was excellent. Location worked for all our destinations. My daughter lives in Milwaukee now, so this will be my first choice when visiting. A snug room is exactly what they describe. The bar has a better selection of irish beers than I found in Ireland.

Room Tip: A lower floor may have better water pressure, top floor was a little low during our stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Great Irish pub. Watched a World Cup game there on July 4th with others who truly appreciate the game. No posers, no chain feel. Excellent bar but the food was, how shall I say, like a Long John Silvers? Sorry. Our waitress was very pleasant though.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to County Clare Irish Inn and Pub? Share your experiences!